Buffalo Bills (5-10): Next game 12/30 vs. Dolphins (7-8); Kyle Willams Announces His Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Allen needs a whole off season in Buffalo, Jonah Williams, and a bunch of receivers.

And a new C. And a new RG, assuming Teller develops as the starting LG......but if we can upgrade him, do it. Dawkins is the only starting OL who should be "safe" in his spot on the team. I'd throw Groy in there, as I think he's a solid NFL backup at C/G.

Everyone else can board the same ship that's destined for the sun.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Kyle Williams: "It Comes Down to Execution." (1:33)
Bills Defensive Tackle Kyle Williams talks to reporters about the team's lack of execution as well as some plays the Bills had some difficulty stopping.

LeSean McCoy: We Didn't Capitalize Today." (3:21)
Bills Running Back LeSean McCoy talks to reporters about some of the opportunities the Bills had in today's contest against the Patriots as well as some projections regarding his current workload.

Bills Today: Bills could ‘feel’ Lorenzo Alexander’s impact

gyoknyvsb5tz9kvwfs1d.jpg

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
And a new C. And a new RG, assuming Teller develops as the starting LG......but if we can upgrade him, do it. Dawkins is the only starting OL who should be "safe" in his spot on the team. I'd throw Groy in there, as I think he's a solid NFL backup at C/G.

Everyone else can board the same ship that's destined for the sun.

The Bills should go BPA the whole way. But I wouldn't be upset if the first three picks were all OL: LT, RT, C. Slide Dawkins to guard.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I just don’t see a world where Brown isn’t a first round pick. He looks like Tyreek Hill level special talent to me. Just take him

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I just don’t see a world where Brown isn’t a first round pick. He looks like Tyreek Hill level special talent to me. Just take him

Some thoughts:

- WRs break into the NFL a lot easier than most other positions. Maybe except for RB and a CB in a man system. You see rookie WRs doing some good things almost every year. So, if you're team building, get the QB and OL first, find a big reliable TE, and then get receivers.

- Allen's biggest problem is that he can't focus on improving from the pocket (reading the field post-snap, progressions) as he's running to escape. A new OL will help him more than anything. A WR will get open but he's not going to help Allen from the pocket.

- I'm a Pats/Packers receiver group advocate. Get guys who get open but aren't necessarily stars. Most Super Bowl winners don't have the AJ Green, Julio Jones type alpha WR. They tend to want the ball, which skews reads.

- AJ Brown? I think he's a back half of the 1st round player.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

That's a hell of a comparison, but I have a hard time comparing anyone to him. Hill is a physical freak with a unique background at running back, special teams, and track to go along with extremely underwhelming college career.

Maybe nitpicking a bit, I see more of a Brandon Cooks type. That being said, he's #1 on my list.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Top 8 pick for the Bills this year. I hate tanking. But a loss to Miami will mean an even higher pick. Hard to root for a win here. Bills badly need to improve their receiving corps to give Allen a chance. This teams needs play makers. Would love to find a Andre Reed caliber receiver this draft. Also bolstering the offensive line is a must.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

If the draft position stays true. A guy I am interested in when I researched possible impact receivers this draft is DK Metcalf 6'4 225lbs . He comes from football blood lines. And he could very well be the deep dependable go to threat that Allen needs. Beane will have to be sure if his neck injury is not long term. But he did do his homework on Allen when things surfaced draft week. So I would be comfortable in the Bills front office getting this right if Metcalf's neck injury is nothing to worry about. He is an intriguing player that could be a big impact player on the Bills offence.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Some thoughts:

- WRs break into the NFL a lot easier than most other positions. Maybe except for RB and a CB in a man system. You see rookie WRs doing some good things almost every year. So, if you're team building, get the QB and OL first, find a big reliable TE, and then get receivers.

- Allen's biggest problem is that he can't focus on improving from the pocket (reading the field post-snap, progressions) as he's running to escape. A new OL will help him more than anything. A WR will get open but he's not going to help Allen from the pocket.

- I'm a Pats/Packers receiver group advocate. Get guys who get open but aren't necessarily stars. Most Super Bowl winners don't have the AJ Green, Julio Jones type alpha WR. They tend to want the ball, which skews reads.

- AJ Brown? I think he's a back half of the 1st round player.

WR is not easy unless the WR is one dimensional. If the system relies on reading defenses then changing routes then development takes time. If the call us runnthus route then ge will do better.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
2019....It looks like Buffalo Will

Host...Miami, New England, jets, Philadelphia, Washington, Baltimore, Cincinnati, denver

Play At...Miami, New England, Jets, giants, dallas, Cleveland,mpittsburgh, loser of IND/TEN

Thus us based in prior schedules.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Playing the NFC East gives them a chance to go 2-2 or 3-1. The AFC North could be two wins. Denver at home could be a win and the road game against Ten/Ind is winnable even though they probably won't be the betting favourite. Clearly the team needs to improve however a top 10 and maybe close to 5 draft spot should give them an opportunity to improve. The cap room should give them an opportunity to improve. It's up to the scouting staff and ultimately the GM to take advantage of those opportunities to head in the right direction. 2020 is against the AFC and NFC West so lets hope the team competes for the playoffs next year before facing the potentially more difficult schedule.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2019 NFL Draft order: Cardinals No. 1; Broncos close in on top 10

This is a look at the first-round order for the 2019 NFL Draft through Week 16. The order is determined by record, using strength of schedule as a tiebreaker. Keep in mind -- teams 21-32 would make the playoffs if the season ended today (the Rams, Saints, Chiefs, Chargers, Bears, Patriots, Texans, Cowboys and Seahawks have already clinched playoff spots). The draft order for playoff teams is determined by the results of postseason play.

It's almost time. We're six days away from locking in the first 20 picks of the 2019 draft -- well, until one of those picks is traded -- and the Cardinals find themselves in the driver's seat to kick off the festivities on April 25 in Nashville.

With the Raiders' beatdown of the Broncos on Monday night, Arizona is alone at the bottom of the standings (and top of the draft board) entering the final Sunday of the regular season, so the Cards are a loss at Seattle away from clinching the top pick.

Here's the first-round order heading into Week 17, along with the top three needs for each team.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Well the Cardinals, 49ers, Jets and maybe the Raiders have their QBs, The Bills won't have to move up this. year to grab their QB. I wonder if the Bills are now the position that some team will want their pick to grab a QB, and the Bills move down.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
The Bills can pick anywhere from 4 to 12 I believe. Root for Oakland, NYG, Tampa and Detroit to win. We would pick 4th then if we can lose.

I am hoping we at worst pick 6th. It is imperative we stay in the top 8. I will be sick and furious if we win a meaningless game and end up picking 10th or 11th.

I also am not that impressed with any of the WRs at least not in the top 12. I would not draft a WR unless we moved down in the late teens.

We know we need offense but Josh Allen from Kentucky would be a great pick. With Hughes aging, Lawson still not racking up sacks and Lorax getting older and older a supreme pass rusher would be a great add.

Josh Allen in round 1. WR round 2. OL round 3. Sign Golden Tate, Tevin Coleman and 2 new starting OL in free agency and our offense can at least be average.

Tate, Jones, Foster and a 2nd round WR are a decent receiving corps and Coleman is an underrated back with minimal wear and tear. Tight end is a big need also.

It sucks that this draft does not have elite offensive talent in the top 10 at skill positions.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Matt Waldman’s RSP Cast No.41: NFC Quarterback Review with Mark Schofield (51:56)

I love having Mark Schofield on the show and as the NFL regular season comes to a close, it felt like the right time to have him join me for a conversation about individual quarterback performances. We begin the show talking about Josh Allen but then move to the NFC and cover a lot of ground in the first of this two-parter:
  • What has Josh Allen taught Mark about arm velocity and how he’ll apply it to QB evaluation?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Quick Hits: Sean McDermott Reaffirms Commitment to LeSean McCoy

rn1wzjflr2pmhglahtpm.jpg

McDermott and McCoy on the same page

It was said a few weeks ago in an on-air interview by GM Brandon Beane. Head coach Sean McDermott reaffirmed his and the Bills commitment to LeSean McCoy for the 2019 season.

“Overall, I’m really excited about where we’re going and LeSean being a part of that,” said McDermott. “I know this year wasn’t what he had hoped it would be and the biggest thing is I want to see is what we’re going to do to get it back to where it needs to be. I think he’s committed to that cause as are we.”

McCoy when asked about the 2018 season following last Sunday’s game admitted it has been one of the toughest years he’s experienced in the league. In the next breath he expressed that he likes playing for the Bills organization and would like that to continue.

“I’m a good player. I love it here and we’ll see what happens, but I know who I am, so I’m not worried about that,” McCoy said.

Ball security even more important this week
Buffalo is second in the league in turnovers with 31 on the season. Only Tampa Bay has more. Knowing the amount of youth and inexperience the Bills have had on the field in the form of rookie and first-year players, decisions with the football have not always been sound.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

So the Bills WRs aren't the worst? Not even in the bottom 10? Okay, well maybe they are terrible as a unit however in terms of drops they may not be as bad as we think they are. By my math the Bills are 32nd (aka dead last) in pass attempts. Intuitively the low attempts should exacerbate the drop problem we appear to see during games however that is not the case.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Miami Dolphins (7-8)

Limited

– S Walt Aikens (hand)
– LB Kiko Alonso (knee/ hamstring)
– DT Ziggy Hood (hamstring)
– CB Xavien Howard (knee)
– QB Ryan Tannehill (shoulder/ ankle)
– OT Laremy Tunsil (knee)
Did Not Practice

– WR Danny Amendola (knee)
– DE Andre Branch (knee)
– S TJ McDonald (ankle)
Injured Reserve

– DE William Hayes (ACL)
– C Daniel Kilgore (arm)
– TE MarQueis Gray (ACL)
– OL Josh Sitton (shoulder)
– WR Albert Wilson (hip)
– C Jake Brendel (knee)
– CB Cordrea Tankersley (ACL)
– QB Luke Falk (wrist)
– LB Chase Allen (foot)
– DT Vincent Taylor (foot)
– TE AJ Derby (foot)
– WR Jakeen Grant (ACL)
– RB Frank Gore (foot)
– WR Travis Rudeolph (ACL)
Notes:

Miami head coach Adam Gase said if Howard has “any pain” he won’t play vs. Bills. McDonald and Alonso did did not play last week. Amendola had a “veteran rest day” of sorts.

Buffalo Bills (5-10)

Limited

– CB Ryan Lewis (concussion)
Did Not Practice

– WR Deonte Thompson (toe)
– LB Julian Stanford (ankle)
Notes:

Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott said Chris Ivory would practice in full (shoulder).
Injured Reserve

– RB Taiwan Jones (neck)
– P Cory Carter (ACL)
– C Russell Bodine (leg)
– P Corey Bojorquez (shoulder)
– LB Matt Milano (leg)
– CB Taron Johnson (shoulder)
– RB Marcus Murphy (elbow)

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Herbert staying is a huge blow for the draft. Instead of great players pushed down they are now pushed up. Also makes it unlikely we can trade our pick for a big return.

I still am hoping for either Josh Allen or Jonah if we stay put or if we can trade down from ~7 into the mid late teens add another 2nd and maybe a 4th and pick a WR there.

something like

BUF 1st (#7-8) + BUF 5th for 1st (14-19), 2nd and 4th. Take a WR in round 1 and then an OL and TE in round 2. Rest of draft go defense. Makes everyone happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad