Buffalo Bills (5-10): Next game 12/30 vs. Dolphins (7-8); Kyle Willams Announces His Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
And after the 2018 season I am glad to say that I am happy we have Allen over Rosen. Allens feet is what will make him a decent QB. At least Rosen has a stud RB and Larry Fitz. Allen had a garbage OL, shady was horrible and Allen has no WRs or TEs outside of Foster and zay and those guys are complimentary not studs.

Seeing Rosen with 10 tds and 14 picks makes me feel better about Allen. Not to say Rosen wont be a good one also but Allens feet give him the edge right now. With a full off season prepping as the #1 and with hopefully a lot of new talent coming in I would like to see Allen get like 3600 yards passing (225 a game which is very reasonable), 20 passing TDs and then 600-700 yards rushing and 7-8 run tds. If he can cut down the picks a lot I think Allen can be a winner even if he doesn't light up the stat sheet.

I still am not a huge Allen fan but he is definitely better then many detractors said he would be and he showed off his rocket arm and agility.

Reactions: Dingo44

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Josh Allen’s first encounter with a Bill Belichick-schemed defense did not turn out so well. Allen finished 20-for-41 for 217 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. Like many other rookie quarterbacks, Allen hit a wall as Belichick reached into his bag of tricks meant to confuse the Wyoming product pre- to post-snap. Erik and Nate jump into the film room to show you exactly how Belichick and the Patriots continued their dominance over their division foe Bills.
  • Introduction
  • 3:14-Josh Allen misses WR Zay Jones
  • 9:14-Josh Allen RPO completion to Deonte Thompson
  • 12:17-Josh Allen fails to throw the swing to LeSean McCoy
  • 17:17-Josh Allen throws the swing to LeSean McCoy
  • 20:15-Josh Allen airmails the throw to WR Isaiah McKenzie (Hoss concept)
  • 22:38-Josh Allen’s pinpoint throw to RB Keith Ford (Hoss concept)
    • 23:39-Comparison of Allen’s footwork on both throws
  • 29:38-Josh Allen’s first interception
  • 35:28-Josh Allen fails to pull the trigger to WR Robert Foster
  • 40:55-Josh Allen audibles and throws deep to WR Foster
  • 45:47-Josh Allen reads the defense, delivers, but WR McKenzie drops it
  • 50:42-Wrap up

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I don't think Herbert being ineligible is that big a deal - wasn't it expected anyway??

If it takes staying where they are to get Williams then do that. If you can move down to get him even better.

If they can then somehow get Marquise Brown or another top WR with a second pick a quantity for quality type move then that would be perfect.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bills Today: Kyle, 'Zo connect McDermott's message to players

vaqpbqti9loxgkuoaeha.jpg

vovm6zkwyfvgcpq5uu5u.jpg

Week 17: Coffee With the Coach Presented by Tim Hortons (3:44)

Chris Brown sits down with Head Coach Sean McDermott for this week's Coffee With the Coach. They discuss LB Lorenzo Alexander's game against the Patriots, playing situational football vs the Dolphins, and a fan asks coach a question via Twitter.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
So the Bills WRs aren't the worst? Not even in the bottom 10? Okay, well maybe they are terrible as a unit however in terms of drops they may not be as bad as we think they are. By my math the Bills are 32nd (aka dead last) in pass attempts. Intuitively the low attempts should exacerbate the drop problem we appear to see during games however that is not the case.
why do you intuitively feel a low number of attempts would exacerbate the percentage of dropped balls in games?

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
If one team has 20 attempts per game and another 40 attempts and each has five drops per game the team with less attempts will have a higher drop percentage. People consistently complain about players dropping balls so if that were true one would think if there are many drops and low attempts then they should have a high drop percentage.

It's a math argument not a less attempts means the player's heads aren't in the game so they tend to drop more balls argument. Simply having less attempts doesn't mean there will be a higher drop percentage if the receivers aren't dropping balls. Maybe the receivers are dropping important passes more than they are dropping a large percentage of passes so the problem of drops seems worse than it actually is.

So to directly answer your question I do not intuitively feel a low number of attempts would exacerbate the percentage of dropped balls in a game however if the premise that Bills receivers are dropping a lot of balls is correct then given the team's low number of attempts there should be a high drop percentage. That is why my post included "...the low attempts should exacerbate the drop problem we appear to see during game..." because I'm not saying low attempts = high drop %, I'm saying low attempts and the high number of drops people complain about should result in a high drop %. If you trust the ESPN stats then either the Bills receivers aren't actually dropping as many balls as some believe or more of the "drops" are not considered catchable balls by ESPN thus it is not the receiver's fault.

Going through some of the replies there is a Bills discussion:

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Top 7 storylines for the Bills-Dolphins season finale

qf519ln187sxomccrgvw.jpg

The end of the line. The Bills season finishes with a game against Miami for the second year in a row. But this time, the game is in Orchard Park. And this time, there’s very little at stake for either team.

Here are the top storylines this week, as the Bills finish off 2018 with a game against the Dolphins:

1. WHAT DO THEY PLAY FOR?
2. DOLPHINS COME IN WITH ISSUES
3. QB QUESTIONS ALSO WITH MIAMI
4. JOSH ALLEN LOOKING TO BOUNCE BACK
5. REVENGE MATCH?
6. LAST DANCE FOR SOME VETERANS?
7. HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Using drop rate as a measure of how good a receiving Corp is is silly anyway. There’s like ten other metrics I’d consider more important

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It is simple why our drop rate isn't that bad anymore...Benjamin is gone. Terrible receiver I would not sign him period.

And yes Herbert staying hurts us it means one less player taken in the top 5. He would have went early if he declared. Must love that Nike $.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
ftyedcudttc4ug6xnktg.jpg

Brian Daboll: "Keep Building, Keep Improving" (14:44)
Bills OC Brian Daboll spoke to the media on Wednesday, December 27th. Topics included: How prepared the rookies will be for their second seasons in the league, compliments to the players for buying in to the vision of the team, and how the addition of speed to the roster has bolstered the offense.

cwhx3jirqzcqnmfqomxu.jpg

Leslie Frazier: "Go Out With A Win" (7:26)
Defensive Coordinator Leslie Frazier addressed the media after practice topics include; finishing the season strong, redzone defense, and his thoughts on DT Star Lotulelei.

qjwdu5nzeqpuezxqknip.jpg

Kyle Williams: "I Feel I Can Continue To Play" (1:33)
Defensive Tackle Kyle Williams spoke to the media inside the locker room topics include; playing the Dolphins, his production this year, and his future.

jnrxybi7mr00zmhofwb5.jpg

Game Preview: Dolphins vs Bills (1:39)
John Murphy breaks down the Bills week 17 matchup against the Miami Dolphins at New Era Field.

a5kq7zot2om2puec2kqq.jpg

Scouting Report: Week 17 - Bills vs. Dolphins

Top 3 Individual Matchups
1 – Josh Allen vs. Kiko Alonso
2 - Rafael Bush vs. Danny Amendola
3 – Tre’Davious White vs. Kenny Stills

Bills Top 2 Advantages
Good advantage – Pass rush
Best advantage – Pass defense

Bills Number 1 Must
Finish

Scouting Eye
Protection problems
Taking the close ones
Big plays for points
Top shelf thievery
Howard a question mark

Final note
The Dolphins rank both as the third-worst offense and third-worst defense in the league.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Kyle Williams to retire after the 2018 season finale

Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams took a few months last offseason before deciding to return to play in 2018. Making a similar decision about his playing future this time around took considerably less time.

The five-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle has decided that his 13th NFL season will be his last.
In an open letter to Bills fans, Williams explained why now is the time for him to call it a career.

There’s no perfect time to retire from a game, a franchise, and a city that mean so much to me and my family. But it’s time to hang up my cleats.

A singular word sticks out when I look back on my NFL career. Grateful. To have spent this much time with one team. To have had the opportunity to get to know this organization, this community, and more importantly, the people. To have raised my family here. To have made countless memories and friendships, on and off the field.

Thank you to the Pegulas, to the Wilson family, to my teammates, to Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane, to my family, and to the fans. I’ve been at this a really long time but it doesn’t feel like it, and that’s a testament to your unwavering support. I could not be more grateful to retire as a lifelong Buffalo Bill.

DvgqSZzWoAIQ_90.jpg

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
8 things to watch for in Bills-Dolphins and Week 17 in the NFL

ncsmttpukglcetzg4lyh.jpg

The end of the line for the Bills and the Dolphins, two teams hoping for much more in 2018. It’s the regular season finale at New Era Field this weekend between a couple of old AFC East rivals who look like they’re in dramatically different situations.

Here are some of the key issues this week as the NFL moves into week 17:

1. LAST CHANCE TO WATCH KYLE WILLIAMS PLAY IN A BILLS UNIFORM
2. EXPECT A CLOSE BATTLE BETWEEN BUFFALO AND MIAMI
3. 11*th* START FOR JOSH ALLEN
4. END OF THE LINE FOR TANNEHILL?
5. MULTIPLE TURNOVERS SPELL DEFEAT FOR BUFFALO
6. PRELUDE TO THE OFFSEASON
7. WAIT ‘TILL NEXT YEAR
8. PLAYOFFS START SUNDAY NIGHT

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
MIAMI DOLPHINS

PlayerPositionInjuryWedThuFriGame Status

Walt Aikens
CBHandLPLPFP(-)

Kiko Alonso
MLBKnee/HamstringLPLPFPQuestionable

Danny Amendola
WRKneeDNPFPFP(-)

Cornell Armstrong
CBAnkleFPFPFP(-)

Andre Branch
DEKneeDNPLPLPQuestionable

Ziggy Hood
DTHamstringLPLPLPQuestionable

Xavien Howard
CBKneeLPLPLPQuestionable

Mike Hull
OLBShoulder/KneeFPFPFP(-)

Ja'Wuan James
OTAchillesFPFP(-)

Reshad Jones
FSShoulderFPFPFP(-)

Bobby McCain
CBAnkleFPFPFP(-)

T.J. McDonald
SAnkleDNPDNPDNPDoubtful

Ryan Tannehill
QBShoulder (right)/AnkleLPLPLP(-)

Laremy Tunsil
OTKneeLPLPLP(-)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BUFFALO BILLS

PlayerPositionInjuryWedThuFriGame Status
Chris IvoryRBShoulderFPFPFPQuestionable
Ryan LewisCBConcussionLPLPLPQuestionable
Julian StanfordLBAnkleDNPDNPDNPOut
Deonte ThompsonWRToeDNPDNPDNPOut
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LEGEND

• Practice Status
    • DNP - Did not participate in practice
    • LP - Limited participation in practice
    • FP - Full participation
    • (-) - Not listed
  • Game Status
    • Out - Player will not play
    • Doubtful - Player is unlikely to play
    • Questionable - Player is not certain to play
    • (-) - Not listed

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Well at least Kyle got to taste postseason action last season. Congrats on a great career. One of the best players in franchise history especially considering he is retiring after another great pro bowl caliber campaign.

That being said I hope to god we lose this week. We need a top 7 pick badly.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
12-29: Former Bills' Center Eric Wood with Sal Capaccio (23:01)

Family over football: Why Kyle Williams is choosing to end his career in Buffalo

urn9ibtm1cpfliauswwg.jpg

He admitted he was torn. Kyle Williams retirement announcement wasn’t an easy decision for him. He can still play NFL football at a high level. He loves the only other city he’s ever lived in besides where he grew up in Louisiana. But the tug on his heart for his family was something he could no longer put to the side.

The father of five came to a realization this past spring that he’s simply missing too many of his kids’ milestones, and his professional career was the main culprit.
“I’ve watched way too many T-ball and soccer games over FaceTime,” he said. “This past spring more than ever. I think at the end of the day, it came down to the things that I say are most important to me, are they really the most important things, or do I just say that because that’s what everybody else says?

“I don’t know if there’s ever a good time, whether it’s now or whether it’s two years from now, it’s going to hurt walking away. There’s going to be a void in my life because of how much this game, obviously this organization, and this team has meant to me in general. Those were all things that I’m going to have to work through and process. It’s never easy.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad