Buffalo Bills (5-10): Next game 12/30 vs. Dolphins (7-8); Kyle Willams Announces His Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
How do you release Schmidt for this guy?
I have so many concerns with this administration's decision making.

Also, I agree Allen has had some great plays. sporadically shows good awareness, and desperately needs personnel help. I unfortunately don't see the improvements people seem to be raving about. He had some spark 3 or 4 games back but now I just see a better running version of the happy-footed, inconsistent, pre-injury QB we saw.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
It will be interesting to watch the 'process' through the offseason/draft. Not sure how they will gather the large quantity of upgrades (even if minor) that they need all over the offense.

I'd love to see something that gives me faith in an overall plan, as opposed to listening to bad color commentators talk about how important it was bringing Derek Anderson in as a vet in the QB room, who has taught Allen so much.....which of course ignores all the intentional moves management made to specifically not have a vet in the QB room. And since Barkley got a 2 year extension one assumes Mr Valuable Talking Point Vet Anderson won't be back.

I have hope since as a Buffalo fan I don't know any better, but I am also fearful....

Reactions: Techno Allah

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
It will be interesting to watch the 'process' through the offseason/draft. Not sure how they will gather the large quantity of upgrades (even if minor) that they need all over the offense.

I'd love to see something that gives me faith in an overall plan, as opposed to listening to bad color commentators talk about how important it was bringing Derek Anderson in as a vet in the QB room, who has taught Allen so much.....which of course ignores all the intentional moves management made to specifically not have a vet in the QB room. And since Barkley got a 2 year extension one assumes Mr Valuable Talking Point Vet Anderson won't be back.

I have hope since as a Buffalo fan I don't know any better, but I am also fearful....

They have a f*** ton of cap space next year, but there are only so many good players available. It's probably going to take multiple offseasons to rebuild the offense. They basically need everything. Receivers, linemen, running backs. Beane definitely has his work cut out for him.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
This team is bad. And thanks to the "other" 2 "NY" teams the Jets and Giants for choking. We need a top 5 pick bad. Hoping we lose next week and the teams behind us with 4 or 5 wins also win.

Sucks we have cap space coming up but no talent to spend it on. I would be fine with signing Golden Tate and Tevin Coleman as our WR2 and new starting RB.

Honestly I hope we suck again next year so we can add another top 10 pick and also get a new regime. They have done so many stupid things it really is hilariously bad. Having 2 30+ year old RBs as the top 2 backs and a 27 year old 3rd stringer is inexecusable. Good solid RBs are out there late in drafts or even undrafted. Not having any young RBs is just bullshit.

Cut Clay and Shady. Trade Hughes to the Rams. Convince Kyle to play one more year to give Harry one more year to develop. Draft a WR playmaker in round 1. This team is really disappointing. Further proof an "elite" defense cannot take you anywhere without a quality offense. And on the flip side an elite offense can overcome a bad defense. So it is fitting we have a dated, wimpy defensive minded head coach who is just a rehash of Gregg Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, Chan, Rex and Marrone all combined in one.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
No less than every pick and every dollar spent on offense or fire everyone

Not every pick. NFL is all BPA if you’ve got a QB. If the best player is a CB, you take him and address needs in other ways.

Ideally, Beane takes care of things in free agency and via trades, so they aren’t forced into things in the draft.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
What We Learned from Sunday's Week 16 Contests

New England Patriots 24, Buffalo Bills 12

1. Buffalo's defense did a bang-up job for two and a half quarters (relatively speaking), but the Bills' season was embodied by one play: A Julian Edelman catch and apparent tackle. Instead of the play being over, though, Edelman landed on the defender without hitting the ground, then got up and raced into the end zone for six. A Patriots offense that was struggling to take advantage of opportunities got a gift of one, and that's what ultimately sank the Bills, who couldn't cobble together many points offensively. A bright spot, though: Zay Jones caught five passes for 67 yards and found the end zone.

2. Fresh off the tough loss to Pittsburgh, the Patriots rebounded well. New England's defense caused Josh Allen all sorts of problems, resulting in two interceptions and a 52.6 passer rating. The Patriotsbottled up Buffalo's rushing attack, too, limiting LeSean McCoy to nine yards on six carries. It was a weird game, though, with the teams trading turnovers early and New England again not fully separating from Buffalo until time made it a non-factor. Tom Brady threw an uncharacteristically ugly interception to Lorenzo Alexander, which followed an Allen interception on a great read made by rookie UDFA J.C. Jackson. Rex Burkhead fumbled in unusual fashion, but Stephen Hauschka doinked a field goal off the post, wasting a Bills opportunity. In the end, though, the team well-versed in success came out on top and punched its ticket to the postseason.

3. This Patriots team doesn't inspire a ton of confidence in where they're headed in the postseason, but one cannot argue with their dominance. NeW England clinched the AFC East for the 10th straight time, an unprecedented and previously unimaginable run of excellence. The Patriots reached double-digit wins, yet again. They soothed concerns for at least a week, and took care of business in a game that could've gone off the rails. That's enough for a happy Sunday in New England as Christmas approaches. Stop wringing your hands about football and go ice skating, folks.
-- Nick Shook

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Not every pick. NFL is all BPA if you’ve got a QB. If the best player is a CB, you take him and address needs in other ways.

Ideally, Beane takes care of things in free agency and via trades, so they aren’t forced into things in the draft.
I disagree. Given how much more important offense is than defense, picks should be skewed in that direction.

Reactions: Ace

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The draft happens after FA. If they add 2 OL starters in FA, that changes everything. I wouldn't make plans for how they should draft yet.

The Bills should consider trading down in the 1st round to collect extra picks. We need WR, OL, TE, RB, CB, plenty of depth across the roster (day 3 picks are great for this)...even if they can get several starters in FA, there are just plenty more roster spots they gotta upgrade.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Allen needs to learn behind a capable offensive line. Once we have that in place, then he can develop correctly.

Also need a change in offense and defense strategy from the coaching staff.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Joe B: 7 observations from Bills - Patriots

MP3y6k2K

(WKBW) — The Buffalo Bills came into their matchup with the New England Patriots with a head of steam. Over their past four games the Bills nearly came away with a victory in all of them, and considering the Patriots recent two-game losing streak, there was a slight hope for some competitiveness on the road.

In the end, the Bills found their efforts sink with the lack of overall talent and depth that has plagued them for much of the season. When a play was needed, not a single player stepped up when the game mattered.

All in all, it was a frustrating loss 24-12 loss for the Bills, as their record for the season drops to 5-10. How did it all happen?

Seven observations from the loss:

1) Allen had a shaky start but settled in
2) The skill players let the Bills down repeatedly
3) How the Patriots dominated on the ground
4) Charles Clay being inactive was stark, but not out of nowhere
5) Is LeSean McCoy worth the trouble in 2019?
6) Why the Bills benched Wyatt Teller for two series
7) Kudos to the pass defense

Bills MVP: SLB Lorenzo Alexander
- Another high impact game for Lorenzo Alexander, who has been one of the best players for the Bills in 2018 at 35 years old. He needs to be re-signed immediately after the season ends.

Bills LVP: WR Isaiah McKenzie
- Eight targets, and only one reception for eight yards. There were other offenders in the passing game, but a pair of big drops and his lack of production throughout the game gets him the honors.

Draft Order Update: Regardless of the Sunday and Monday night results, the Bills will finish Week 16 in a tie for 7th overall with the New York Giants.

Up Next: The Bills (5-10) wrap up their season at New Era Field against the Miami Dolphins (7-8) on Sunday, December 30 at 1:00 pm.

The Buffalo Bills couldn't quite make it three losses in a row for the New England Patriots, losing to the AFC East division champs 24-12, and dropping to 5-10 on the season. Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn discuss Josh Allen's slow start and his response in-game, the talent surrounding him, the LeSean McCoy conundrum, and some offseason stuff, too. Plus, the awards!

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
It's always bothered me that the UFA period is before the draft in the NFL.

Either way. The only major additions need to be on the offensive side.

Sorry to say it again but they gave up too much for Allen. Give me Lamar Jackson along with a top WR +top OL prospect from last years draft +this team is better.

I hope PFF is right when they saly this team targets Williams R1 & somehow Marquise Brown R2.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I like that we're guaranteed a top 10 pick. Jonah Williams would be the dream, but who knows at this point in time.

Just get Allen some major help, and keep that D stacked (could use depth).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->