Buffalo Bills (3-7): Next game 11/25 v. Jaguars (3-6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I would be definitely inquiring about Demariyus Thomas over Cooper. Thomas is a great pro who was taught to play in the NFL with Peyton Manning. Amari Cooper has not been good since 2016. And the Raiders want a 1st (fat chance, any team trading a 1st for Cooper is foolish)

Thomas would probably be available for a 3rd or 4th. I say try and trade Benjamin and parlay the Benjamin return plus another mid round pick for Thomas. Have Zay and all the other receivers learn from D Thomas and it would finally give Allen a legit top wideout to throw to.

With all this cap space and how the league is trending I want to see this for next year...

In free agency, target a LT, C and G (starters) on the OL. If Kyle retires then target a DT in March or if he stays another year then do not. Go after vet free agent WRs. Those are so hard to develop and usually take a few years. Skip the developmental time and go sign 2 legit wide outs. Look for the Robert Woods types. An upgrade on Clay would be nice too.

Then in the draft. I am assuming we pick in the 4-8 range.

Round 1: LB
Round 2: CB
Round 3: LB
Round 4: C/G
Round 5/6/7: RB, QB and WR.

The first 4 picks are expected to develop into starters or high level backups. You are able to find very good RBs late or undrafted. So let's sign a whole new OL in free agency, along with 2 top WRs to replace Benjamin AND add another WR to complement Zay. And a DT if Kyle goes.

Then at the draft go defense first 3 picks since the offense will be addressed in free agency with proven vet talent. Milano and Edmund's need help and depth. Lorax is almost done. In the 4th draft a G/C combo depth lineman. And then the last 3 picks go all skill positions and try to hit on one.

I also want to see SEVERAL young RBS. There are legit studs going in the middle of the draft or being brought in as UDFAs. Phillip Lindsay went undrafted and he is already a top 15 RB in the game and is fast, can run AND catch out the backfield and is great. I am praying Denver sticks with Freeman and Booker and we can trade for Lindsay a la Bryce Brown.

Cooper is younger and cheaper.

The Raiders might want a 1st for Cooper, but it ain't happening.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I would be definitely inquiring about Demariyus Thomas over Cooper. Thomas is a great pro who was taught to play in the NFL with Peyton Manning. Amari Cooper has not been good since 2016. And the Raiders want a 1st (fat chance, any team trading a 1st for Cooper is foolish)

Thomas would probably be available for a 3rd or 4th. I say try and trade Benjamin and parlay the Benjamin return plus another mid round pick for Thomas. Have Zay and all the other receivers learn from D Thomas and it would finally give Allen a legit top wideout to throw to.

With all this cap space and how the league is trending I want to see this for next year...

In free agency, target a LT, C and G (starters) on the OL. If Kyle retires then target a DT in March or if he stays another year then do not. Go after vet free agent WRs. Those are so hard to develop and usually take a few years. Skip the developmental time and go sign 2 legit wide outs. Look for the Robert Woods types. An upgrade on Clay would be nice too.

Then in the draft. I am assuming we pick in the 4-8 range.

Round 1: LB
Round 2: CB
Round 3: LB
Round 4: C/G
Round 5/6/7: RB, QB and WR.

The first 4 picks are expected to develop into starters or high level backups. You are able to find very good RBs late or undrafted. So let's sign a whole new OL in free agency, along with 2 top WRs to replace Benjamin AND add another WR to complement Zay. And a DT if Kyle goes.

Then at the draft go defense first 3 picks since the offense will be addressed in free agency with proven vet talent. Milano and Edmund's need help and depth. Lorax is almost done. In the 4th draft a G/C combo depth lineman. And then the last 3 picks go all skill positions and try to hit on one.

I also want to see SEVERAL young RBS. There are legit studs going in the middle of the draft or being brought in as UDFAs. Phillip Lindsay went undrafted and he is already a top 15 RB in the game and is fast, can run AND catch out the backfield and is great. I am praying Denver sticks with Freeman and Booker and we can trade for Lindsay a la Bryce Brown.

You don't just get a late round running back or undrafted RB and think they'll be good. In 2018, there were 20 RBs drafted and another 27 undrafted.

In 2017, 26 rbs were drafted and 25 UDFA RBs.

For the volume of players taken late or UDFA, there's very few in the top of the NFL.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
No interest in DThomas. The absolutely last thing this offense needs is another blodder at receiver that can’t get open.

As for Cooper, yeah I’d be all over that. But there’s no way the bills even sniff that tire.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Count me for not wanting to spend significant assets (first two day pick or free agency) on DL. We just gave two huge contracts to Star and Murphy. We recently drafted Shaq in the first. Hughes is getting paid big money. Phillips, another fairy high pick, looks perfectly fine. DL is the last place (after perhaps LB) I have any interest in investing in. Offense offense and more offense please.

Edit: just saw cosas mock draft. That would probably be enough to push me over the edge. Ouch to the nth degree.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
The Rob Ryan of offenses. That guy never had a great defense anywhere.

And who cares about Josh Rosen? I have as much interest in his career as I have in Blake Bortles'. Maybe I'll care when the Bills bring him in some preseason in five years Ala Matt Leinart.
Because if Rosen pans out and Allen goes busto the bills brass will have blown what many on here thought was the most obvious choice that could possible be imagined at the most important position on the team.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Because if Rosen pans out and Allen goes busto the bills brass will have blown what many on here thought was the most obvious choice that could possible be imagined at the most important position on the team.
And if Josh Allen pans out and Rosen goes busto the many people that said they made the wrong choice will fade into the darkness and pretend they knew all along that allen would be great.

No one can predict success at the next level. It is pointless to second guess every decision because there are so many variables, you can’t predict what would have happened had the bills drafted player X. Just like Mahomes. No way is he an MVP candidate with this team. And we may be saying they made the wrong choice had the bills taken him.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
And if Josh Allen pans out and Rosen goes busto the many people that said they made the wrong choice will fade into the darkness and pretend they knew all along that allen would be great.

No one can predict success at the next level. It is pointless to second guess every decision because there are so many variables, you can’t predict what would have happened had the bills drafted player X. Just like Mahomes. No way is he an MVP candidate with this team. And we may be saying they made the wrong choice had the bills taken him.
Except you can. Specifically, college passing success is the single most compelling trait in projecting pro success. If Allen is good I’ll eat crow and be happy to do so. But he will be the worst college QB in several decades to pan out. He never should’ve been a first round pick. But no point in arguing about it now. He’s what we’re stuck with.

Reactions: brian_griffin

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Except you can. Specifically, college passing success is the single most compelling trait in projecting pro success. If Allen is good I’ll eat crow and be happy to do so. But he will be the worst college QB in several decades to pan out. He never should’ve been a first round pick. But no point in arguing about it now. He’s what we’re stuck with.

Except it's not:

Weeden - 72.4 percent
RG3 - 72.4
Luck - 71.3
Bridgewater - 71
Manziel - 69.9
Mariotta - 68.3
Trubisky - 68
Manuel - 68
Bradford - 67.9
Tebow - 67.8
Bottles - 67.8
Watson - 67
Lynch - 66.8
Newton - 66.1
Sanchez - 65.8
Mahomes - 65.7
Winston - 65.3
Goff - 64.5
Flacco - 63.5
Gabbert - 63.4
Wentz - 62.5
Tannehill - 61.6
Ponder - 61.5
Stafford - 61.4
Ryan - 59.3
Freeman - 58.6
Locker - 55.4

That's QBs taken in the last 10 drafts. Not much correlation between good passer rating vs bad.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
One guess who finally started McCoy over White in fantasy today. Was initally concerned it was a knee injury. Hopefully sprained ankle and short term injury.

Bills say head evaluation. Maybe his nose hit the face mask .

Last edited:
Reactions: Husko

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
How are they going to assess the unsportsmanlike on the kickoff when the colts ran another play?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That'll do it for me. Dumb penalties and terrible ball management curses this team yet again. Only difference is the defense is playing really f***ing bad. Blowout incoming against a pretty crappy team.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Free play due to offsides. Take a consequence free shot down the field? Nah flip it 5 yards out of bounds.

Wait until next play to take that shot deep into triple coverage (intercepted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad