Buffalo Bills (3-7): Next game 11/25 v. Jaguars (3-6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bills Today: Colts HC Frank Reich still roots for the Bills

iohdocjhr9dbrx2pqgwe.jpg

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

The Buffalo Bills defense has certainly stepped its game up this season. They went from being ranked 26th in Football Outsiders DVOA metric last season, to now sitting 3rd overall. The quick turnaround is due to the front office’s commitment to improving that side of the ball.

By adding defensive end Trent Murphy, defensive tackle Star Lotulelei, DT Harrison Phillips then DT Jordan Phillips just a few weeks ago, Leslie Frazier now has a well-balanced group of run stoppers and pass rushers.

Safety Rafael Bush’s ability to hold down the ‘Big Nickel’ role freed up the Bills’ ‘Swiss Army Knife’ Lorenzo Alexander, so he could be a key cog in their third-down packages.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
How Derek Anderson is getting himself ready for Sunday

gzvcsxxs8phabsn5dbok.jpg

He was on a family vacation a week and a half ago. Eight days ago, he was signing a contract with the Bills. Four days ago, he was watching and trying to help Josh Allen against the Houston Texans. In three days he’ll be the starting quarterback for Buffalo in Indianapolis.

None of it surprises Derek Anderson. Thirteen years in the NFL has exposed him to just about everything. That exposure is also what got him the nod from head coach Sean McDermott to start Sunday’s game against the Colts.

“Derek is a guy that I’ve been around in Carolina. He brings experience, leadership presence to the table, and he’s worked hard in the last week or two, week and a half here to get himself up to speed,” McDermott said.

Anderson has been living in offensive coordinator Brian Daboll’s playbook for almost every waking hour since signing on Oct. 9th. He also knows he’s coming in without the benefit of an offseason conditioning program or the few thousand on field reps he would’ve had if he was with the team through the spring and summer.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

The Colts offense is actually pretty good this year. If they sink all that money into 6 new, quality defensive starters, they could be a high caliber team basically overnight.

As for the Bills, I really wish we had taken part in the WR spending spree this year. Next year's crop looks so much less enticing. Especially, the kind of guys I want us to go get, like Gabriel and Wilson, are less plentiful in next year's crop. Here's an early look: 2019 NFL Free Agents Tracker

-Golden Tate I've always liked, but he doesn't exactly bring the speed we need and he's going to get a massive deal, at age 30
-Tyrell Williams would bring a much needed deep threat, but not much else, unless his game can be retooled ala Marquise Goodwin
-Cole Beasley is someone I've always liked, but he's nothing special
-Phillip Dorsett is finally being used underneath instead of on deep routes and is thriving, but can he succeed away from Brady?
-Chris Conley would probably be my #1 target. Even though he's not short, he plays in that blazing speed, Tyreek Hill catch and run mold. But the problem with him, as with everyone above is:

Why in the world would they want to leave their current situations to come here? Money speaks, I guess. But if you're going to lure someone here it better be enough money that they never have to get paid again, given the contracts Bills receivers are getting as they leave.

My worst nightmare: Devin Funchess. He's not a bad player. But his type of game, the same as Benjamin, is on the way out and is the last thing we need in this offense.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
He always finds a way to get open though, much like Hogan.

Imagine Woods-Hogan-Goodwin as our WR trio this year.
Meh, I actually don't think Hogan is anything special. To this day his career high in receptions is the 41 he had his final season in Buffalo. But yeah, he was competent, something we don't have now.

Goodwin, man. Can't believe it took Kyle Shanahan to figure out that his burning speed was best served running catch and run routes in the slot instead of just running fly patterns every play.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Meh, I actually don't think Hogan is anything special. To this day his career high in receptions is the 41 he had his final season in Buffalo. But yeah, he was competent, something we don't have now.

Goodwin, man. Can't believe it took Kyle Shanahan to figure out that his burning speed was best served running catch and run routes in the slot instead of just running fly patterns every play.
I thought the Bills really maximized his talent by having him run directly through the middle of the defense, then having EJ Manuel throw a ball that forced him into a vulnerable position leaving him exposed to a devastating hit from a defender which would knock him out for the next 6 games or so.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Scouting Report Week 7 - Bills vs. Colts

w256frfvxehmvmvwqixz.jpg

Top 3 Individual Matchups

1 – Jerry Hughes vs. Anthony Castonzo
2 – Jordan Mills vs. Jabaal Sheard
3 – Jordan Poyer vs. Eric Ebron

Bills Top 2 Advantages
Good advantage – Takeaway ability
Best advantage – Run defense

Bills Number 1 Must
Pass pressure on Luck

Scouting Eye
Throw, throw, throw
Case of the drops
Staying on the field – Part I
Staying on the field – Part 2
Point problems

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Not a good start for Rosen. To think he would be noticeably better is foolish. They both would/will suck.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Terrible Thursday night football is apparently back, but I can't really see how much of it is Rosen's fault. At least his passes are catchable. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad