Buffalo Bills (3-7): Next game 11/25 v. Jaguars (3-6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
2 pick 6s. 3 picks. 2 lost fumbles, 1 TD 4 sacks. 1 td and 5 turnovers. And this is the guy we are going bonkers over missing out on?! I was never enamored with any QB this draft.

Rosen, like Allen is not that good and I do not think either will ever be top flight QBs.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Rosen, like Allen is not that good and I do not think either will ever be top flight QBs.

Agree with this. if Allen misses significant time this season I’d like to see them get a guy in the middle rounds of this year’s draft. Daniel Jones front Duke maybe? Just a thought, bring in another young guy, develop him with Allen and hopefully keep Anderson with both of them. Draft and sign offense all around them.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Coming Soon: Bills vs. Colts (1:00)
The Bills travel west to Indianapolis to take on the Colts in a rematch of last year's 'snow game' OT thriller.

Game Preview: Bills vs Colts (1:29)

John Murphy breaks down the Bills' matchup vs the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Bills Today: Taron Johnson thinks Tre' White has HOF potential

jtkwul18d1dsbin4zmll.jpg

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

The Buffalo Bills, now 2-4 on the season, head back on the road one more time -- only this time without rookie quarterback Josh Allen steering the ship on offense. Instead, it will be Derek Anderson -- the 35-year-old longtime backup quarterback, who will have exactly six practices under his belt by the time the game is here. What might the offense look like with him, and do they have a chance at a win? Also, Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn discuss Josh Allen and the area of his game, through five games, that needs the most refinement. Not to mention, a Bills-Colts prediction!

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
2 pick 6s. 3 picks. 2 lost fumbles, 1 TD 4 sacks. 1 td and 5 turnovers. And this is the guy we are going bonkers over missing out on?! I was never enamored with any QB this draft.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of numbers Rosen posts now that McCoy is fired/next year if they bring in a legit OC. I could see him having a Goff type breakout in the right offense. I still believe in him becoming a top tier QB, one bad game notwithstanding. His ability to read a defense and throw with anticipation is among the best I've seen for a QB coming out of college in years.

Reactions: Fezzy126

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
7 things to watch in Bills-Colts this weekend

Dp48avfXgAEAMcW.jpg

It’s the welcome end to Buffalo’s brutal stretch of five road games in the first seven games this year. The Bills rough start this year has partly been a product of games away from home and tough opponents. Buffalo has the fourth toughest strength of schedule played so far this year, based on current records. This week may provide a respite—the Indianapolis Colts have started the season 1-5.

Here are some of the issues for Bills fans to keep an eye on this weekend:

1. THE TEAM’S THE THING
2. TEAM BUILDING
3. COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE
4. HALL OF FAMER ON THE FIELD IN INDY
5. THIRD DOWN DISCREPANCY
6. UNDER THE YELLOW
7. LONDON CALLING—AGAIN

Last edited:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
It'll be interesting to see what kind of numbers Rosen posts now that McCoy is fired/next year if they bring in a legit OC. I could see him having a Goff type breakout in the right offense. I still believe in him becoming a top tier QB, one bad game notwithstanding. His ability to read a defense and throw with anticipation is among the best I've seen for a QB coming out of college in years.

I mean, I know it's a big fraternity and all, but I'll never understand how these people that prove themselves incompetent over and over again continue to get employed.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Everyone thinks that they'll be able to better squeeze the potential out of X player/coach, because they're better than Y staff/team

Reactions: Husko

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I mean, I know it's a big fraternity and all, but I'll never understand how these people that prove themselves incompetent over and over again continue to get employed.
Totally agreed. Greg Olson is one of the greatest offender. Dude has spent 11 different seasons as offensive coordinator for six different teams (including multiple stints with a few teams) and has literally never had a good offense. I don't get it at all. Brian Daboll could be in the early stages of becoming one of those guys.

Also strangely, it seems more notorious on offense. Defense there's a lot of guys that it seems like have been around forever and always have good defenses (Phillips, Shwartz, Williams, to name a few). Maybe it's because defensive coordinators get less chances as head coaches whereas failed offensive guys tend to get more shots?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Totally agreed. Greg Olson is one of the greatest offender. Dude has spent 11 different seasons as offensive coordinator for six different teams (including multiple stints with a few teams) and has literally never had a good offense. I don't get it at all. Brian Daboll could be in the early stages of becoming one of those guys.

Also strangely, it seems more notorious on offense. Defense there's a lot of guys that it seems like have been around forever and always have good defenses (Phillips, Shwartz, Williams, to name a few). Maybe it's because defensive coordinators get less chances as head coaches whereas failed offensive guys tend to get more shots?

The Rob Ryan of offenses. That guy never had a great defense anywhere.

And who cares about Josh Rosen? I have as much interest in his career as I have in Blake Bortles'. Maybe I'll care when the Bills bring him in some preseason in five years Ala Matt Leinart.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Opponent scouting report: Matt Milano is a game changer

usa_today_11306159.0.jpg

The choice on who to do this week’s opponent scouting report on was certainly a tough one. The Buffalo Bills’ offense is statistically the worst in NFL history up to this point in the season but their defense is loaded with talent. Currently ranking as the third best defense in football, the Bills have many contributors such as Trent Murphy, Kyle Williams, Lorenzo Alexander, former Colt Jerry Hughes, Tre’Davious White, Jordan Poyer, and Micah Hyde.

That is a ton of talent right there but none of those guys intrigued me as much as inside linebacker Matt Milano.
Milano is a very underrated player and is the leader of the Bills defense. In only his second season out of Boston College, Milano has made a name for himself as a sure tackling, coverage linebacker. The former collegiate safety currently has 42 tackles, 6 tackles for a loss, 1 interception, and 1 sack. Last year against the Colts, Milano tallied his career high 11 tackles.

So what makes Milano such a good player on the Bills’ defense? Serving as the Thomas Davis in Head Coach Sean McDermott’s defense, Milano is the best coverage linebacker on the team. He is currently ranked as the 9th best linebacker in all of football according to PFF and has the 9th highest coverage grade among linebackers as well. So why am I worried about Milano for Sunday’s game? Let’s look at some film and find out.

Joe B: 5 things to watch for in Buffalo Bills vs. Indianapolis Colts (10/21/18)

GettyImages-1052142864_1540051263074_100958187_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

(WKBW) - One week ago, the Buffalo Bills had a chance at a .500 record through six weeks with a rookie quarterback at the helm. That would have been a tremendous accomplishment given how the season began.
One week later, rookie quarterback Josh Allen suffered a sprained elbow on his throwing arm which will cause him to miss at least this week if not more, all while watching their other young quarterback implode at the end of the game. The Bills lost, bringing their record to 2-4 on the season, and now have the 35-year-old Derek Anderson listed as their starter heading into Week Seven.

What might it all look like, and where are the biggest matchups for the Bills against the Indianapolis Colts?
Five things to watch for when the Bills and Colts face off at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday:

1) Bills strength on offense is also the Colts strength on defense
2) Derek Anderson might need to throw it a bunch
3) Andrew Luck will test the secondary
4) Bills must put pressure on center Ryan Kelly
5) A role on offense for Cam Phillips?

Injury Report

Buffalo
OUT:
QB Josh Allen (right elbow), RB Taiwan Jones (neck)

Indianapolis
OUT: DT Denico Autry (hamstring), TE Jack Doyle (hip), S Clayton Geathers (concussion, neck), WR Ryan Grant (ankle), RB Robert Turbin (shoulder)

QUESTIONABLE: CB Arthur Maulet (hip), CB Chris Milton (hamstring), TE Erik Swoope (knee)

Bills Projected Inactives:
QB Josh Allen, RB Taiwan Jones, T Conor McDermott, G Wyatt Teller, G Ike Boettger, CB Ryan Lewis, CB Dontae Johnson

- After getting burned by special teams last week, I’m anticipating a bit over an over-correction to get Julian Stanford, who has received 70.41-percent of special teams snaps in games the Bills have made him active. With Rafael Bush a bit healthier and having the ability to play nickel corner in a pinch, the Bills can feel comfortable in making both Ryan Lewis and Dontae Johnson inactive to try and get their special teams back on track.

Prediction: Colts over Bills

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I would be definitely inquiring about Demariyus Thomas over Cooper. Thomas is a great pro who was taught to play in the NFL with Peyton Manning. Amari Cooper has not been good since 2016. And the Raiders want a 1st (fat chance, any team trading a 1st for Cooper is foolish)

Thomas would probably be available for a 3rd or 4th. I say try and trade Benjamin and parlay the Benjamin return plus another mid round pick for Thomas. Have Zay and all the other receivers learn from D Thomas and it would finally give Allen a legit top wideout to throw to.

With all this cap space and how the league is trending I want to see this for next year...

In free agency, target a LT, C and G (starters) on the OL. If Kyle retires then target a DT in March or if he stays another year then do not. Go after vet free agent WRs. Those are so hard to develop and usually take a few years. Skip the developmental time and go sign 2 legit wide outs. Look for the Robert Woods types. An upgrade on Clay would be nice too.

Then in the draft. I am assuming we pick in the 4-8 range.

Round 1: LB
Round 2: CB
Round 3: LB
Round 4: C/G
Round 5/6/7: RB, QB and WR.

The first 4 picks are expected to develop into starters or high level backups. You are able to find very good RBs late or undrafted. So let's sign a whole new OL in free agency, along with 2 top WRs to replace Benjamin AND add another WR to complement Zay. And a DT if Kyle goes.

Then at the draft go defense first 3 picks since the offense will be addressed in free agency with proven vet talent. Milano and Edmund's need help and depth. Lorax is almost done. In the 4th draft a G/C combo depth lineman. And then the last 3 picks go all skill positions and try to hit on one.

I also want to see SEVERAL young RBS. There are legit studs going in the middle of the draft or being brought in as UDFAs. Phillip Lindsay went undrafted and he is already a top 15 RB in the game and is fast, can run AND catch out the backfield and is great. I am praying Denver sticks with Freeman and Booker and we can trade for Lindsay a la Bryce Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->