Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason part IV. Final preseason #3 vs Green Bay 1pm Sat 8/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
The only concerning note from yesterday's game is that Allen is still very inaccurate with deep balls. He needs a Marquise Goodwin type receiver who is almost impossible to overthrow and is also great at reading the ball in the air and adjusting. He missed the two lob deep balls he attempted but continued to nail strikes thrown on a rope at 15-30 yards.

If he ever figures out that throw, watch out. I'm just not convinced he ever will figure it out. Not a huge deal. I'd rather his consistent short and mid accuracy to the JP Losman type that could nail that deep lob all the time but couldn't hit a crossing route to save his life.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The Bills were mediocre during their 17-year drought, but they were never rock-bottom terrible. (In some ways, I found the Bills' years of consistent mediocrity even more frustrating than the Sabres current stretch of terribleness.)

You have to go back to the 80s to find seasons where the Bills were truly terrible. And during that time the Sabres weren't great either.

same issues….stability in coach and gm.

had Gailey kept the defense and just focused on offense the bills woukd have made the playoffs.
Due to nepotism he hired is buddy who wanted to change the defense.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Seeking a pair of tickets for 9/26 vs. WAS or 10/3 vs. HOU.
Will check the usual resale sources, but wanted to post here as I'd rather the money go to a Sabres board member / associate of theirs.
PM please if you have something available, or have tickets but think you won't be able to go.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
The only concerning note from yesterday's game is that Allen is still very inaccurate with deep balls. He needs a Marquise Goodwin type receiver who is almost impossible to overthrow and is also great at reading the ball in the air and adjusting. He missed the two lob deep balls he attempted but continued to nail strikes thrown on a rope at 15-30 yards.

If he ever figures out that throw, watch out. I'm just not convinced he ever will figure it out. Not a huge deal. I'd rather his consistent short and mid accuracy to the JP Losman type that could nail that deep lob all the time but couldn't hit a crossing route to save his life.
I thought he did better with that throw last year vs 2 years ago.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
What team is paying that price with sexual misconduct and assault allegations from 22 different women being investigated right now? He's a great player, but man that's a huge risk for a franchise to take.

Imagine how much he'd be worth if all he had was a herniated disc.

Just gotta pray they stay healthy. Because it’s one of the best rooms in the league. And if COVID does hit maybe they come to their senses strictly from a competitive standpoint.

I fear another surge when the colder weather hits.

Reactions: is the answer jesus

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The depth and talent Beane has amassed at the position since the days of starting Jones, Benjamin, Holmes, Foster, etc. is insane

It's kind of crazy to think that just a few years ago, when Allen was a rookie, we were throwing out one of the worst receiving groups I can recall from any team in the last decade. And now we have Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, and Davis. Also Kumerow and McKenzie.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

Art Wander level overreaction take.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
They really liked DJ too. I expected them to trade Obada honestly, but I'm really glad he'll make the team now.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Trading someone, who presumably was going to be cut anyways, for a draft pick, makes sense. No matter who you trade them to.

This is why BB is, imho much better equipped to steer us then any GM we’ve had in recent memory.

Agreed. It takes a good GM to construct depth to be in this situation, but a great one to maximize that advantage.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I liked that DJ was on a cheap rookie deal for this year and next.

Yeah. I still think spending so many high picks on DL is a mistake. Practically giving away a useful young/cheap player (also big ST contributor) in Johnson because of the logjam. I guess a 6th is better than losing him for nothing. Hope he does well on the Panthers.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Yeah. I still think spending so many high picks on DL is a mistake. Practically giving away a useful young/cheap player (also big ST contributor) in Johnson because of the logjam. I guess a 6th is better than losing him for nothing. Hope he does well on the Panthers.

- Drafted in 2019 in the 7th round
- Traded for a 2022 6th rounder

Fail to see any issues. He was losing out in the numbers game, and they got a better pick back.

Reactions: Dingo44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad