Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills: 2021 off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Yeah, an interior lineman to compete with Ford at LG in the short term and replace Morse at center longterm would be A-OK with me in the first, especially if we don't trade up.

I honestly think Boettger is already competing with Ford there.

For me the bigger OL need is a Nsekhe replacement. Possible they see Ford as RT cover & Bates as LT cover but i wouldn't be convinced.

@Dirty Dog - i don't really need to add to your latest comments. Good to know someone else here can see past this window closing BS.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
i think the chiefs are in the exact same bucket of what I pointed out of how to do it. I just skipped recent teams for the past 2-3 years. I think you misread my post.

they aren’t being reckless trying to capitalize on an imaginary temporary window. They are not throwing away draft picks or being reckless in free agency. Nor are they being too conservative.

they are being moderately aggressive, and that is smart. I don’t think their window closes briefly in 2024. As long as they have mahomes and have a somewhat competitive team around him, they are a super bowl threat. Their level of quality will ebb and flow, but managed right, they should be a Super Bowl contender any given year while they have mahomes.

my point is they are not loading up to the degree that it will make them a non playoff team in 3 years (even temporary). There is no window for franchise QBs with decent teams around them. Like you said, they could have an ass defense, and their offense will always be a threat to have a hot stretch in the playoffs and win a SB

You are skipping over something. They might "be a threat" every year that Mahomes and Reid are there but they are actually not just a threat but the betting favorite now.

They are willing to spend every dollar of cap AND push into future years if need be. They aren't throwing away their future but they certainly are pushing hard now. There will be a reset coming for them. It doesn't mean they won't be good, just means they move from favorite back to a team that could win if things broke right-like 2018 when they had no defense and almost made it to the Super Bowl.

After they lost their AFC Championship they fired the DC, changed the scheme and added two enormous pieces in FA and trade in Clark and Matthieu and won it all.

Do you see what the Bills are doing now as comparable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad