Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Seattle released RG DJ Fluker. I know he never played for Carolina but would he be an upgrade to the O Line. Supposedly a high character guy.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Seattle released RG DJ Fluker. I know he never played for Carolina but would he be an upgrade to the O Line. Supposedly a high character guy.
Apparently “DJ” is short for Danny Lee Jesus.

He’s only 29. They love Felicano, have Spain for cheap and want continuity, but I think he could be a great add.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Fromm - as said I think the value is good, but even if he turns out good I don't see the fit. Drafting Jalen Hurts for example would have made more sense imo.

Bass - the value is not good. I like they added another kicker - but do what the Colts did & pick up a UDFA. Who knows, they might even have got Bass as a UDFA. I'd have liked drafting the punter Mann a lot more than a kicker. Bills kicking is not bottom of the barrel imo the punting is currently.
When looking for a backup QB I don't think you need to limit yourself to a QB that plays the exact same style as your starter. If Allen gets hurt and Fromm has to come in you adjust the playcalling accordingly.
I'm not too hung up on the value lost in a 6th round draft pick. Teams frequently take fliers on guys in the 6th and 7th just hoping maybe they get an nfl player. Bass has had some accuracy issues, but if he can get a handle on them with the leg strength he has, he'll be a real weapon. I do agree that punter could also be addressed and that could still happen.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I checked out a few of Fromm's games on youtube and now consider myself as qualified as any NFL scout. He's the next Ryan Fitzpatrick. The kid is fearless throwing into coverage with his below average arm and gets away with it more often than not. I wouldn't count him out. Fitz has challenged and sometimes won the starting job almost everywhere he's been but he's never been able to hold it. If Fromm is just a little better than Fitz, he's an NFL starter.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I checked out a few of Fromm's games on youtube and now consider myself as qualified as any NFL scout. He's the next Ryan Fitzpatrick. The kid is fearless throwing into coverage with his below average arm and gets away with it more often than not. I wouldn't count him out. Fitz has challenged and sometimes won the starting job almost everywhere he's been but he's never been able to hold it. If Fromm is just a little better than Fitz, he's an NFL starter.

Fitz and Barkley are pretty good comparables for Fromm.

Worst case scenario is that he's a smart back-up QB that studies a ton of film and helps out a lot in the QB room.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

I probably like Fromm more than most people. I think if he can figure out how to step into throws, he would have a solid career. His throws in college, though usually where you want them, came with zero power behind them. When you watch him throw, it's done only with the upper body and usually done via twisting his torso. I think he has a solid release and his location of the ball are top notch. He is a smart player, but his mechanics are what is holding him back from being a starter. I believe if he fixes his throwing mechanics, which would improve his power, I think he would be considered a steal. Essentially he needs to step into his throws.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

tenor.gif

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Not saying, just saying, but Gabriel Davis’ measureables at the draft are pretty damn similar to the Saints’ Michael Thomas from height, weight, arm length, vertical jump, 40 time, broad jump, etc... the big difference was Michael Thomas’ hand size and cone drills. Having bigger hands and better agility are certainly an advantage as an NFL WR, but even a slightly worse Michael Thomas would be an amazing find.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Not saying, just saying, but Gabriel Davis’ measureables at the draft are pretty damn similar to the Saints’ Michael Thomas from height, weight, arm length, vertical jump, 40 time, broad jump, etc... the big difference was Michael Thomas’ hand size and cone drills. Having bigger hands and better agility are certainly an advantage as an NFL WR, but even a slightly worse Michael Thomas would be an amazing find.

The sure-handed WR with high-tier agility is Hodgins. I like Davis as a technician though, could be a nice Robert Woods (with the Rams) type.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Agreed, if either of our WR draftees fills the big slot role, it's Hodgins. I like that even though they're similar big/tall WRs on the surface, they actually have fairly different skill sets.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I probably like Fromm more than most people. I think if he can figure out how to step into throws, he would have a solid career. His throws in college, though usually where you want them, came with zero power behind them. When you watch him throw, it's done only with the upper body and usually done via twisting his torso. I think he has a solid release and his location of the ball are top notch. He is a smart player, but his mechanics are what is holding him back from being a starter. I believe if he fixes his throwing mechanics, which would improve his power, I think he would be considered a steal. Essentially he needs to step into his throws.
He'll come into camp and pull a Russell Wilson in preseason. The Bills not wanting to have a QB controversy trade him to the Pats for a 2nd round pick where he goes on to win multiple super bowls. Meanwhile Josh Allen continues to struggle with his accuracy and is out of the NFL in 3 years.

Last edited:

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Wow, I forgot how terrible Trent Edwards truly was as any NFL quarterback.

don’t know why I’m watching when I know the ending is a gut punch.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/28/nfl-power-rankings-poll-post-draft

9. BUFFALO BILLS

Points in poll: 141
Highest-place vote: 3 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 14 (1 voter)
Season result: 10-6, lost in wild-card round
Post-SB Rank: 11
SI Draft Grade: B
We know they have the defense, but it’ll be critical for Stefon Diggs to help Josh Allen take a big step forward like the Bills’ front office thinks he can.

The top team in the AFC East.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Agreed, if either of our WR draftees fills the big slot role, it's Hodgins. I like that even though they're similar big/tall WRs on the surface, they actually have fairly different skill sets.

Hodgins can run routes which is why I have him ahead of Davis to start for a roster spot.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

As a Seahawks fan...don't bother. The Seahawks o-line was one of the worst in the league, nobody should be looking for upgrades there.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like he already signed with Baltimore. :laugh:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Chiefs cut Colquitt. He may be in his late 30s but he is still a top 10-15 punter and is a much better punter then Bojorquez.

I though this when I first read that news but I think they're happy having 2 guys in there already.

I'm intrigued to see what Vedvik can do - especially if Hauschka is still the kicker... Having Vedvik to take kickoffs & attempt 50+ yard FGs is appealing.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I though this when I first read that news but I think they're happy having 2 guys in there already.

I'm intrigued to see what Vedvik can do - especially if Hauschka is still the kicker... Having Vedvik to take kickoffs & attempt 50+ yard FGs is appealing.
Has this ever been a thing? I remember the Bills (and some other teams) having a kicker just for kickoffs, (which is a waste of a roster spot imo, especially in the new NFL), but I can't remember a situation where there are 2 kickers on a team and which one gets marched out depends on the length of the FG. I think if you're concerned your kicker doesn't have a strong enough leg to make 50+ yarders consistently, you find a better kicker.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Has this ever been a thing? I remember the Bills (and some other teams) having a kicker just for kickoffs, (which is a waste of a roster spot imo, especially in the new NFL), but I can't remember a situation where there are 2 kickers on a team and which one gets marched out depends on the length of the FG. I think if you're concerned your kicker doesn't have a strong enough leg to make 50+ yarders consistently, you find a better kicker.

I've suspected it for a while & Beane confirmed it during his post draft PC.

It does make sense if your short guy is reliable from < 50 yards.

Of course Vedvik would have to earn the punting job on merit to make it feasible. I'm not advocating using an extra roster spot.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I've suspected it for a while & Beane confirmed it during his post draft PC.

It does make sense if your short guy is reliable from < 50 yards.

Of course Vedvik would have to earn the punting job on merit to make it feasible. I'm not advocating using an extra roster spot.
I didn't catch Beane's post draft presser. If Vedvik earns the punting job great, it'd be nice to have a guy who can fill in at kicker in a pinch. I'd think if the plan was to use Vedvik as the long range kicker and Hauschka for the short ones they wouldn't have taken the shot on Bass in the draft. I think they see the deficiencies Hauschka has and are creating competition. Let the best man win, but if Beane has said otherwise I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany