Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Source: Bills add Jefferson, Butler to fill DT void
Jefferson should split reps at three-technique defensive tackle but could also be used at defensive end, where the Bills are also relatively thin. Jefferson started 24 games over the past two seasons for the Seattle Seahawks while playing on the edge and in the interior of their defensive line. While he's listed in some places as an end, most of his snaps over the past two seasons have come at defensive tackle.

I don't remember seeing this guy play.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
As someone who's watched every Seahawks game since 2012, don't expect much out of Jefferson.
well he's only been above 50% snap count the last 2 seasons after playing sparingly his first 2 seasons, still could have some upside at 27 in rotation.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Loving all the short term deals. We have 2 seasons on Tre and 3 on Edmunds before their rookie deals are up. And the cap is going to explode...we can build a perennial contender for a decade.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Crazy how much better Beane is at basically every part of GMing compared to Botts. Dude has a vision, is executing it, and maintaining the necessary cap and structuring contracts to give the team the best chance at long term success

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I still have high hopes for Horrible Harry, but Jefferson and Butler are great additions to the DL. Interested in seeing how they are going to be used.

Jefferson played some DE but that was when Seattle’s flexed to a 3-4 formation. In the 4-3 we play I think he is exclusively a DT. Size and DE experience tells me 3tech but is he better against the run?

I’ve been expecting Butler for a while and I’m glad they made that happen. Size would suggest he’s a stout run defending backup to Lotulelei but his sacks say 3 tech.

If they are both 3tech and Phillips is healthy to help defend the run, any chance they try Oliver’s athleticism on the edge?

I also wouldn’t assume they are done with the DL. Between Hughes and Addison’s age and Murphy’s contract (easy to cut and save cap) I think they could still grab a FA or day two draft pick.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
If Chris Harris, is still an option, I think he’s “competition” for Taron Johnson in the slot and not Wallace and Norman on the outside.

If he passes or we pass on him, I’d expect to see Dugger or Chinn in round two. Actually, I still wouldn’t rule them out even if they did sign Harris.

Other positions to consider early in the draft still: DE, OL, WR, RB or CB. QB?

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
If Chris Harris, is still an option, I think he’s “competition” for Taron Johnson in the slot and not Wallace and Norman on the outside.

If he passes or we pass on him, I’d expect to see Dugger or Chinn in round two. Actually, I still wouldn’t rule them out even if they did sign Harris.

Other positions to consider early in the draft still: DE, OL, WR, RB or CB. QB?
If everything falls right and we don't spend our 2nd round pick, Cam Akers would be a great target.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Y'all talking about Allen like he's Andy Dalton in year 7.

Dude came from freaking Wyoming, was a shell-shocked, wide-eyed, terrible rookie, and made huge strides in year two.

Development is a thing. He's nowhere close to done with it yet.

This isn't a proclamation that he will be good, but a skepticism of the framework you choose to view the situation with

That was the common view on QBs 15 years ago. QBs can learn and get better as pros but most of this development will happen is wishful thinking. QBs don't wholesale change in the NFL.

Allen has already proven he can be an NFL starter. What his actual standing among other QBs should be apparent next year, it will be his 3rd year starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad