Buffalo Bills 2014 Draft: Rd1#4 WR Sammy Watkins; Rd2#44 C. Kouandjio; Stevie traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If DJP was counting Sanborn in the 10 linemen then that's a reasonable figure, but just to be clear he's not an offensive lineman and wouldn't be listed as one on the depth chart.

I was counting Sanborn as part of it. Notice I listed offense, defense, P, and K, not a dedicated long snapper which I count as part of the OL. Every team seems to have them.

sure you could debates forever on do they keep TE #3 or an OL. the only time you line up 3 TEs is when you have the goal line power running game and you can easily just declare the OL as a receiver prior tot he play.

Having 9 OL on the roster is not unreasonable. You usually dress 7. Given the team used 3 draft picks on OL its not all that unusual for them to keep them on the roster.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I think he pushes to start with Kiko moving outside and Schwartz running a hybrid 3-4 4-3 defense depending on opponent. I also think he battles for starts because they are moving Manny Lawson to DE and Bradham came on a bit. Schwartz is inheriting a defense that is leaps and bounds better than last year's defense and that is ****ing scary.

I think the team more than half the time goes with a 4-2-5 defense

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Thank god. Was worried for a second he was gonna hold out. :sarcasm:

Rookie wage cap has really made signing picks more formality than anything.

Thank god for it. When you get down to it, the NFLPA members (who would never have to sign an rookie contract under those terms) and owners basically colluded together to suck dollars out of rookies which end up going to mediocre veterans instead, but it's certainly made things simpler. The worst part of every offseason for me was waiting for 1st and 2nd rounders to sign as camp got underway. Then there was getting completely screwed by the massive bonuses to players who end up being busts, which thankfully has been mitigated quite a lot.

WNY to NoVA

May 16, 2011
Every defense is nickel the majority of the time now. Really, 43 34 designations have kind of become passe, and will continue to be more meaningless.

Kiko ahead of $heldon is a joke, like most of that list

you do understand that the list is made by surveying NFL players, correct? Not like a mayock list or something that is made up of 1 person's thoughts/opinions

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I’ve not read this entire thread but want to say I’ve watched Sammy Watkins quite a bit this year… I’m a Louisville fan too and Clemson was in the mix for a while…

Sammy Watkins is a game changer… The Bills are going to kick some ass this season.. book it!

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Seantrel Henderson comes across as a ******. When told he has one shot and no room for a single mistake he says he thinks this is a good fit because "there's nothing to do here but work" what is it with these Miami Hurricane jack ***** like him and Willis Mcjackass. Don't worry Henderson you won't be here long he will fail a drug test in training camp get cut and never be heard from again. I really hope he fails as a player, no need for an ignorant loser like him.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Seantrel Henderson comes across as a ******. When told he has one shot and no room for a single mistake he says he thinks this is a good fit because "there's nothing to do here but work" what is it with these Miami Hurricane jack ***** like him and Willis Mcjackass. Don't worry Henderson you won't be here long he will fail a drug test in training camp get cut and never be heard from again. I really hope he fails as a player, no need for an ignorant loser like him.

Newsflash: Buffalo isn't seen as the most exciting place in the world

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY

Holy overblown batman. I don't think he meant it as an insult to Buffalo, just that there isn't as many distractions and bad influences as say... Miami, where he probably had some ****** friends and lots of night life going on.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Holy overblown batman. I don't think he meant it as an insult to Buffalo, just that there isn't as many distractions and bad influences as say... Miami, where he probably had some ****** friends and lots of night life going on.

Of course he didn't mean it that way. The post to which you replied is completely moronic.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
He compared Buffalo to St. Paul MN where he grew up, and is also a cesspool with nothing to do.

Players should realize they don't have to be here long, though. Do your work for ~half the year, then go enjoy our money elsewhere.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
He compared Buffalo to St. Paul MN where he grew up, and is also a cesspool with nothing to do.

Players should realize they don't have to be here long, though. Do your work for ~half the year, then go enjoy our money elsewhere.

You and Layne sure like to read into and overreact to things like this

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
You and Layne sure like to read into and overreact to things like this
Layne may have overreacted (I think Henderson was more saying less distraction and in the pro setting, it should be easier to focus and work to improve), but Leelee just has a passionate hatred for anything even remotely Buffalo related :laugh:

No reason not to give Seantrel a shot. He's an absolute monster and if he doesn't work out, we're still pretty set on the O-Line, at the moment

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Layne may have overreacted (I think Henderson was more saying less distraction and in the pro setting, it should be easier to focus and work to improve), but Leelee just has a passionate hatred for anything even remotely Buffalo related :laugh:

I know. I often can't help but respond to things. :help:

No reason not to give Seantrel a shot. He's an absolute monster and if he doesn't work out, we're still pretty set on the O-Line, at the moment

The bottom line is hardly any 7th rounders make it. Those that do are mostly marginal back-ups/special teamers. May as well take a guy as/more likely to make it and more likely to be a really good player if he does.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Giving Henderson a shot is really no different than DaRick Rogers last year, except that we used a 7th rounder so we didn't have to bid on him in the open market. And last year everyone was praising the Rogers pickup--some were calling him a shoe-in to make the 53! Then of course he sucked in TC/preseason, and (rightfully) got cut. Sure, he landed in Indy and did OK towards the end of the season, but the Bills had very little risk. The same is true of Henderson. It's not like we used a 1st rounder on him...

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Mount Kouandjio said the same thing on the John Murphy show. Being born and raised in Buffalo, there are things to do but not a lot. When I went to school in Florida we would take trips to Miami and it is very simple to have a great time and end up in trouble with all the temptation. Side note living just north of Minneapolis currently, St.Paul is pretty bad but that 10 minute drive to Minneapolis is a difference maker and Minneapolis is gorgeous and lots to do either single or with a family. So jumping to conclusions is very poor and it sounds like he is just saying instead of going clubbing with his teammates he is taking his career a little more seriously because a pay check is involved.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I don't hate Buffalo, I love a lot of things about the area. Being a happening place for spoiled rich kids is not one of them. For kids who grew up in the South, or anywhere else really, and were given everything, it's a shocking change being forced to work up here.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010

You know, there are a fair amount of people here that live in and around Buffalo. You might want to scale back on calling the place people live a cesspool.

I get you have this persona you're trying really hard to maintain here, but there are probably other targets for your internet angst that are more deserving than the hometown of the majority of this board's posters.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad