GDT: Buffalo at Nashville: getting catfished at 8 tonight!

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Worst center group in the league all of a sudden. Dylan Cozens is such a piece of shit. I've never hated a player more than him. He is literally the worst hockey player I've ever watched.
Ace - Joker
Beerz - Power
Deep Blue Metallic - Skinner
dortt - Comrie
GrierIsGod123 - Cozens
Mattilaus - Clifton

C'mon guys. Claim your whipping boy. Plenty to go around.

Last edited:

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
but still, the result is always the same for him, whereas UPL is making the saves. Even Levi was stopping more pucks

when 2 goalies are over .500 and the other is 6 games under, the goalie 6 games under is the problem

See that dent just above the tire on the fender? That's Comrie.

See that car? That's the Sabres.

depositphotos_2612602-stock-photo-crash.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ehran

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Nashville kicked the Sabres asses and with their empty net effort, tried to rub their noses in Preds cat sh!t.

Great 1st goal from Bo but he ain't the one who is going to save this season much less the franchise.

No Mitts, no Tage, no serious offensive threat. What was a strength, is now a weakness.

Add that Forsberg made fools of the Sabres D tonight.

Luuk needed the rest but unfortunately, Comrie is not an NHL capable goalie.

This franchise is screwed given all the incompetents who are running it.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I read "diver' and laughed. And he's a chronic whiner. Yours works too.

Lots of guys getting torched in here tonight. Don't forget our cherry-picking, allergic to backchecking, Master of Mohawks.

3 more seasons at $9M with full NMC. Dios mio, man. Turning 32 in May, it's only going to get worse. I give up - buy him out if we can't deal him to the Leafs. It's worth it just to get his stench off the rest of the team.

But also don't forget that most of us would have been calling for Botts' head if he hadn't extended Skinner after that glorious 40 goal first season with Eichel. We're not always right either.
I think most of us would have understood if we backed away from a 9M deal for 8 years. It never made sense to me. We were bidding against ourselves.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I honestly feel bad for Comrie.

He's a fringe NHL backup put into an almost impossible situation tonight in his 2nd NHL start, wait for it ... IN 3 MONTHS.

On the road, in the 2nd of a back-to-back against an almost certain playoff team on an 8-0-1 heater.

And he let's in a softie, maybe 2, while his team is missing its best 2 centers and is doing its boys-against-men and d-zone-play-optional act, again.

Don't blame Comrie. Adams deserves the blame for not acquiring a capable veteran goalie when this miserable season began.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I think most of us would have understood if we backed away from a 9M deal for 8 years. It never made sense to me. We were bidding against ourselves.
I dispute the "most of us" part.

A 27 year-old UFA coming off a 40 goal season has plenty of leverage. There would have been riots had Botts called Skinner's bluff and the lone feel-good story in a miserable 76 point season had walked.

Anyway, good on you if you foresaw the danger.

I really hate dredging up this shit, and shouldn't have mentioned it. This Sabres team is on pace for 81 points. There's lots to debate and complain about in the here-and-now.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I read "diver' and laughed. And he's a chronic whiner. Yours works too.

Lots of guys getting torched in here tonight. Don't forget our cherry-picking, allergic to backchecking, Master of Mohawks.

3 more seasons at $9M with full NMC. Dios mio, man. Turning 32 in May, it's only going to get worse. I give up - buy him out if we can't deal him to the Leafs. It's worth it just to get his stench off the rest of the team.

But also don't forget that most of us would have been calling for Botts' head if he hadn't extended Skinner after that glorious 40 goal first season with Eichel. We're not always right either.
We always knew the last 2 or 3 years of the contract would be painful. Hopefully this is his valley season and he has one more peak left.

Not a good showing tonight by most. Bo looked good so we'll see if that's sustainable or even another level.

Guess I'm excited to see more youngins in the next few months.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Was byram good ?
The Sabres scored 2 goals. Byram had 1+1. So, from an offensive production point of view, he was awesome.

After the game, he talked about how he had a few turnovers that he needs to clean up.

So all in all, that was about as good of a first game as you can expect for a D that is coming off having the flu, met the team on the road, and played on the top pair when the rest of the team was playing the back end of a road back-to-back with a highly optional gameday skate.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
We always knew the last 2 or 3 years of the contract would be painful. Hopefully this is his valley season and he has one more peak left.

Not a good showing tonight by most. Bo looked good so we'll see if that's sustainable or even another level.

Guess I'm excited to see more youngins in the next few months.
The problem is that 7 out of 8 years of the Skinner contract will have been painful when it's all said and done. Not just the last 3.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
He’s a big part of why the season went down the tubes so quickly imo. Him and Skinner are some of the weakest top 6 LW in the league

Him and Skinner were out top 6 LW from day one, no? Has nothing to do with injuries imo.

Skinner is one example, and yes Skinner-Tage-Tuch is the first line.
But the entire middle 6, defense, and the goalie are all slotted above their heads.

The kid line (Peterka-Cozens-Quinn/Benson) would ideally be a 3rd line getting easy minutes a la the max/Roy/Vanek line back in the day. Instead they're a top 6 line from the start of the season and were slotted as our top line yesterday. I pointed this out because Peterka is now being exploited instead of being sheltered.

After the first line, Greenway, Robinson, Okposo, Girgs, and Olofsson were next in line for minutes. Of that group only Greenway should be getting middle 6 minutes, but certainly not as a center. Maybe you can make a case for Girgs as well, but Robinson is a 4th liner and VO isn't an NHL player, at least not an roster with our type of construction.

On defense Jokiharju should be a 3rd pairing guy, Bryson should be an extra, and if we're being honest, Power should not be getting the minutes he's getting either, particularly on the PK. Although yesterday's game wasn't as bad as recent games because Byram, a guy coming off the flu and no practice with the team, got most of heavy usage with Dahlin down the stretch.

UPL has been great, but what kind of development plan has a young goalie that's never had a heavy work load just play every single game for 2 months straight?

Reactions: kirby11 and Tatanka

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I literally LOLd when poor Byram tried moving without the puck and rotating on the first powerplay unit, only for everyone else to stay completely still, even when he'd skated near them and a player on pretty much any other team would have the brains and/or coaching to know they should find another soft area to try and get open for a pass

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I literally LOLd when poor Byram tried moving without the puck and rotating on the first powerplay unit, only for everyone else to stay completely still, even when he'd skated near them and a player on pretty much any other team would have the brains and/or coaching to know they should find another soft area to try and get open for a pass
It’s depressing because…there’s no hope for next year either

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
This is my issue. The guy legit said he only wanted to play here or Toronto didn't he? Toronto didn't have the cap for him so he had no leverage. We should have offered him a max of like 7 mil and told him to take it or leave it.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It’s depressing because…there’s no hope for next year either
I genuinely think the average coach for a reputable college or even high school team could run a better PP system than what they have. It's literally 2 plays: one timer from Tage or pray Dahlin gets a point shot through. As much as I think the players are worthy of some blame--we must have one of the biggest collection of relatively high skill, rock bottom hockey IQ dudes in the league--it's also painfully obvious that they have no idea what to do because there's no plan in place, and any attempts at freewheeling or deviating from the static passing around result in guys inevitably bumping into each other and giveaways.

This is my issue. The guy legit said he only wanted to play here or Toronto didn't he? Toronto didn't have the cap for him so he had no leverage. We should have offered him a max of like 7 mil and told him to take it or leave it.
Another Botts special: coughing up $9M per year *and* a NTC or NMC for a player with a limited skillset (and I've generally liked what Skinner can do offensively).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad