Post-Game Talk: Buffalo 24 PATS 10 - 6-6

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If it's not on Mac and it's the coordinators and offense systems fault than Zappe's 5 Td's to Mac's 7 in even more impressive. Would love a mulligan to sit Mac and let Zappe ride it out. Jets did the right thing by benching Wilson who also hasn't proven anything yet. Yes Mac could look better with better playmakers but who wouldn't look better if you gave them let's say Justin Jefferson

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If it's not on Mac and it's the coordinators and offense systems fault than Zappe's 5 Td's to Mac's 7 in even more impressive. Would love a mulligan to sit Mac and let Zappe ride it out. Jets did the right thing by benching Wilson who also hasn't proven anything yet. Yes Mac could look better with better playmakers but who wouldn't look better if you gave them let's say Justin Jefferson

The goal should be to find a QB who makes the players around him better.

Reactions: nORRis8

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Zappe played against minimal pressure and bad pass defenses. There’s a reason the players and Bill are sticking with Mac.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Ah yes. Bailey Zappe is the answer

Screenshot_20221202_202217.jpg

All hail King Zappe, right?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Zappemania was fun for like 2 weeks but after the Chicago game it's clear he's just another pumpkin and honestly worse than Mac.

What I hate is how we're stuck in neutral where we're not good enough to be serious contenders but not bad enough to get a top-10 pick.

I've always supported Bill, I honestly think 2020 and nearly dragging Cam Newton and a roster with like 8 key Covid opt-outs to a wild card was one of his finest coaching jobs over his career. I don't think the game has passed him by as much as it did Landry and Shula toward the end. But there's something weird around this year. Some posters like to psychologize him and assume that he's got a big ego and intentionally rolling out bad quarterbacks and reaching for draft picks like Strange in a vain attempt to prove he can win with the Trent Dilfers of the league or can coach up anyone to an all-pro level, which I disagree with wholeheartedly. I don't think he has a self-destructive ego. I think he's aloof and arrogant, but he is very smart and doesn't do things to deliberately make his team worse.

He's always been a great coach but the best coaches never do it alone, they always have a well-trained staff behind them. I think there's been a massive brain drain in his coaching ranks the last few years with his better assistants moving on (Flores and McDaniels took some of their position coaches with them, Scar retired, then Popovich who was groomed to take over for Scar refused to get vaccinated. Ivan Fears retired). Caserio and Ziegler both left for front office jobs with other teams. And filling a lot of roles at once made him lean on people he can trust and has working familiarity with rather than risking bringing in unknown quantities or known coaches from other trees who may have different communication styles and/or may challenge his authority and foment discord on the team, which brought us Patricia and Judge back, along with his son getting a prominent role. But he's plugging his coaches into inadequate spots. Matty P might be a rocket surgeon but he made his bread and butter as a defensive coordinator, why is he coaching O-Line and calling plays? But he doesn't want to look outside the organization for an offensive coach.

Then there's f***in' Ernie Adams who I still don't know what he actually did there but was some kind of wizard. He's been retired so who knows if that has removed some of the secret sauce from the Belichick gameplan. No denying that they've been a lot more conservative on 4th downs between the 40s the last two years. Could be something there. But I'd attribute most of the problems to brain drain. Whole team often looks unprepared and takes dumb penalties. The exodus of coordinators, positional coaches, and front office execs takes a massive toll. Even the best coach in the world wouldn't have time to individually work with all 53 men on the roster plus practice squad and game plan in one week. It's always been a well-disciplined machine from top-down that leaned on the assistants to have their units prepared and to contribute their expertise, but that whole hierarchy collapsed and hollowed out which leaves Bill sitting at the top looking like a fool, which is somewhat unfair.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Winningest rookie quarterback in Patriots history. Mac Jones.

Became the first Patriots quarterback other than Brady to clinch a postseason berth since 1998.

He also threw his 20th touchdown pass, breaking Jim Plunkett's franchise rookie record from 1971.

Jones finished the season with 3,801 passing yards, 22 touchdowns, and a 67.6 completion percentage, which were the highest among rookie quarterbacks in 2021.

He was the only rookie quarterback to lead a team to a winning record and playoff appearance. And the first Patriots rookie QB to start a playoff game.

Jones was named to the 2021 PFWA All-Rookie Team. And finished second in offensive rookie of the year voting.

Screenshot_20221202_203323.jpg

Screenshot_20221202-202731_Twitter.jpg

But yup. This guy is a scrub. Trash. Matt Patricia is a genius. And Bailey Zappe is the next Josh Allen.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Ah yes. Bailey Zappe is the answer

View attachment 616162

All hail King Zappe, right?
not really but i dont get why mac is so elevated over him. Mac is as avg as avg gets

Zappemania was fun for like 2 weeks but after the Chicago game it's clear he's just another pumpkin and honestly worse than Mac.

What I hate is how we're stuck in neutral where we're not good enough to be serious contenders but not bad enough to get a top-10 pick.

I've always supported Bill, I honestly think 2020 and nearly dragging Cam Newton and a roster with like 8 key Covid opt-outs to a wild card was one of his finest coaching jobs over his career. I don't think the game has passed him by as much as it did Landry and Shula toward the end. But there's something weird around this year. Some posters like to psychologize him and assume that he's got a big ego and intentionally rolling out bad quarterbacks and reaching for draft picks like Strange in a vain attempt to prove he can win with the Trent Dilfers of the league or can coach up anyone to an all-pro level, which I disagree with wholeheartedly. I don't think he has a self-destructive ego. I think he's aloof and arrogant, but he is very smart and doesn't do things to deliberately make his team worse.

He's always been a great coach but the best coaches never do it alone, they always have a well-trained staff behind them. I think there's been a massive brain drain in his coaching ranks the last few years with his better assistants moving on (Flores and McDaniels took some of their position coaches with them, Scar retired, then Popovich who was groomed to take over for Scar refused to get vaccinated. Ivan Fears retired). Caserio and Ziegler both left for front office jobs with other teams. And filling a lot of roles at once made him lean on people he can trust and has working familiarity with rather than risking bringing in unknown quantities or known coaches from other trees who may have different communication styles and/or may challenge his authority and foment discord on the team, which brought us Patricia and Judge back, along with his son getting a prominent role. But he's plugging his coaches into inadequate spots. Matty P might be a rocket surgeon but he made his bread and butter as a defensive coordinator, why is he coaching O-Line and calling plays? But he doesn't want to look outside the organization for an offensive coach.

Then there's f***in' Ernie Adams who I still don't know what he actually did there but was some kind of wizard. He's been retired so who knows if that has removed some of the secret sauce from the Belichick gameplan. No denying that they've been a lot more conservative on 4th downs between the 40s the last two years. Could be something there. But I'd attribute most of the problems to brain drain. Whole team often looks unprepared and takes dumb penalties. The exodus of coordinators, positional coaches, and front office execs takes a massive toll. Even the best coach in the world wouldn't have time to individually work with all 53 men on the roster plus practice squad and game plan in one week. It's always been a well-disciplined machine from top-down that leaned on the assistants to have their units prepared and to contribute their expertise, but that whole hierarchy collapsed and hollowed out which leaves Bill sitting at the top looking like a fool, which is somewhat unfair.
yes Zappamania. have fun with Chad Paddington Mac jones until the pats cut bait

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
why is being a Zappe fan so bad? hes a Patriot btw
Did I say it was?

I think you’re being silly if you think he’d be having success right now with this offensive line. I also think you’re conveniently ignoring the one time he faced an average defense and looked like shit. Even his deep ball as soon as he came into that game was a bad pass to a wide open receiver who had to make a circus catch

I like Zappe. I also like Mac. I don’t think either are in a position to have success

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Did I say it was?

I think you’re being obtuse if you think he’d be having success right now with this offensive line. I also think you’re conveniently ignoring the one time he faced an average defense and looked like shit. Even his deep ball as soon as he came in was a bad pass to a wide open receiver who had to make a circus catch
Zappe might not be the answer but Mac jones for sure isn't

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
But yup. This guy is a scrub. Trash. Matt Patricia is a genius. And Bailey Zappe is the next Josh Allen.
I still don't understand why you take this to extremes that nobody else has actually done. Nobody on here thinks Patricia is a genius and nobody thinks Zappe is Josh Allen.

Reactions: EverettMike

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Spoiled fans are funny to me. Everyone and their mother was in agreement that once Brady left, whenever he did, there was going to be a rebuilding phase.

Not sure why everyone is up in arms about the team playing .500 ball in the time since Brady left.

+4200 to win the super bowl
O/u 8.5 wins

They’re right where they should be.

Stinks, but that’s what happens when an entire region of people can’t form their own opinions and just repeat Michael felger talking points.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Spoiled fans are funny to me. Everyone and their mother was in agreement that once Brady left, whenever he did, there was going to be a rebuilding phase.

Not sure why everyone is up in arms about the team playing .500 ball in the time since Brady left.

+4200 to win the super bowl
O/u 8.5 wins

They’re right where they should be.

Stinks, but that’s what happens when an entire region of people can’t form their own opinions and just repeat Michael felger talking points.

Well this is trash.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
not really but i dont get why mac is so elevated over him. Mac is as avg as avg gets

yes Zappamania. have fun with Chad Paddington Mac jones until the pats cut bait

Funny how you didn't respond to any of Mac's accomplishments or statistics. I do wonder, did you have any issues with Mac last season or is this a new thing? Genuinely curious, not trying to be a dick.

I still don't understand why you take this to extremes that nobody else has actually done. Nobody on here thinks Patricia is a genius and nobody thinks Zappe is Josh Allen.

Of course not. And nobody said Mac is Josh Allen. His stats are the same or teeny bit better than Allen's was. All second year stats are pretty much even. The Patriots would be wise to surround Mac with an actual OC and at least 1 legit #1. Fix the Oline and see how it goes. I can take it to extreme because it's ridiculous.

Nobody knows if Mac is or isn't the answer. But having Patricia and Judge trying to mold this kid when they both f***ed the Lions and Giants and both teams seem to be fine without both of them say it all. The team is behind Mac. They're speaking up on behalf of Mac. The team is fed up. Anyone with eyes and no agenda can see this season isn't on Mac. But yet I keep hearing about that one outing from Zappe and how Mac sucks.

It's like a Felger and Mazz show sometimes on here. And that's not a compliment.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I’m convinced that a football stadium in Boston never would have worked. Not enough parking or space for tailgating and the traffic would have been insane there too.

Your comments about Jonathan intrigue me. You’ve mentioned that before, and it is concerning. So my questions are: if Jonathan keeps bumbling all these tasks, is Bob just going to leave him in charge anyway? And why does Bob keep giving him these important jobs if he can’t do anything right? I can understand a father’s love for his son even when the son isn’t performing well (see: Belichick, Steve), but as a businessman, Bob isn’t going to let his legacy be ruined by his heir, is he? What about Dan, Dave, and Josh? Might one of them be better suited to helping out the Patriots?

The past couple of seasons have provided no answers. Only more questions.
Ironically the stadium was killed by South Boston leaders who didn't want the neighborhood changed. Then Frank McCourt bought the Dodgers from FOX and his vast parking lots were part of the purchase price. Murdoch flipped the land and the Seaport just magically appeared and really changed Southie forever.

flipped I'll echo the Jonathan comments here. It's going to happen, probably soon, and it's going to suck.

Without getting into specifics, he's an asshole, and has no business running a pro franchise, especially one that is a now a marquee franchise.
Jonathan Kraft makes Charlie Jacobs look like a genius.

Jonathan got one thing right when he moved radio to WBCN.

1670050347386.png

Reactions: rfournier103

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Ironically the stadium was killed by South Boston leaders who didn't want the neighborhood changed. Then Frank McCourt bought the Dodgers from FOX and his vast parking lots were part of the purchase price. Murdoch flipped the land and the Seaport just magically appeared and really changed Southie forever.
There never was a real stadium plan. But there was a Kraft scheme to enter the city through the back door in the night and bypass the community and the mayor and head straight for the governor's office who would then strongarm the legislature to create something from nothing. The site was a quarter mile from residential neighborhood which meant DOA. Amazing that a collection of Harvard guys came up with that unworkable scheme.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There was never a real stadium plan. There was a Kraft scheme to enter the city through the back door in the night and bypass the community and the mayor and head straight for the governor's office who would then strongarm the legislature to create something from nothing. The site was a quarter mile from residential neighborhood which meant DOA. Amazing that a collection of Harvard guys came up with that unworkable scheme.
@DNE3

Kraft's mistake was believing Governor Weld could tell Menino to shut up and play ball.

What SHOULD have happened was Kraft should have broken bread with Joe Moakley at Amrheins and asked how can we win over the neighborhood.

In the end, the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center never took off for a variety of reasons.

The World Trade Center Station is one of the largest on the T and one of the least used.

1670057582134.png

The station was designed with the assumption a stadium would be built.

Reactions: DKH

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Funny how you didn't respond to any of Mac's accomplishments or statistics. I do wonder, did you have any issues with Mac last season or is this a new thing? Genuinely curious, not trying to be a dick.

Of course not. And nobody said Mac is Josh Allen. His stats are the same or teeny bit better than Allen's was. All second year stats are pretty much even. The Patriots would be wise to surround Mac with an actual OC and at least 1 legit #1. Fix the Oline and see how it goes. I can take it to extreme because it's ridiculous.

Nobody knows if Mac is or isn't the answer. But having Patricia and Judge trying to mold this kid when they both f***ed the Lions and Giants and both teams seem to be fine without both of them say it all. The team is behind Mac. They're speaking up on behalf of Mac. The team is fed up. Anyone with eyes and no agenda can see this season isn't on Mac. But yet I keep hearing about that one outing from Zappe and how Mac sucks.

It's like a Felger and Mazz show sometimes on here. And that's not a compliment.
I just don't recall Mac having any accomplishments worth remembering. maybe his time in Alabama. did I miss a signature win?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That's a disappointing comp.

Just playing Devils advocate with you because it's fun lol, I usually love your posts Dan and I read them all.
😂 yah I was off yesterday - I’m a creature of habit and basically follow a (fun but productive) format

I went over a friends had a couple of beer/mixed drink to watch Pats and it messed up my sleeping and I came off tracks early afternoon

Feel free to call me out- it’s folks like you that make this place enjoyable

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Uche has 7 sacks now so that’s nice at least, he’s really started to come on his last handful of games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad