Post-Game Talk: Buffalo 24 PATS 10 - 6-6

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1669941009592.png

PATRIOTS: Game Release (PDF) | Roster | Depth Chart | Stats
BILLS: Roster | Depth Chart | Stats | Roster Flip-Card (PDF)

The New England Patriots will play in back-to-back Thursday games for the first time in team history, following last Thursday night's Thanksgiving game at Minnesota and this week's Thursday contest against AFC East Division foe Buffalo. Buffalo is also coming off a Thanksgiving game and playing in back-to-back Thursday games. Last season, Dallas and New Orleans both followed a Thanksgiving game with a meeting on Thursday Night Football. It will mark the third time overall that the Patriots will play two games on Thursday in the same season. The Patriots played twice on Thursday during the 2015 and 2017 seasons.
New England enters this week's game with a 2-1 record against the AFC East.

PATRIOTS ARE PERFECT WHEN WEARING THROWBACKS AT HOME​

The Patriots are 7-0 when wearing throwback uniforms at home, including 1-0 in 2022 after the 29-0 victory against Detroit on Oct. 9. New England has worn uniforms featuring the old "Pat Patriot" logo at home seven times since switching to the current logo in 1993

SERIES HISTORY​

New England and Buffalo will meet for the first of two scheduled 2022 meetings this week when they face off this Thursday at Gillette Stadium. The Patriots and Bills will meet for the second time in 2022 at Buffalo in the regular season finale on either Jan. 7 or Jan. 8.
It will be the first time in team history with back-to-back Thursday games and the third time in team history playing in two Thursday games in the same season. The Patriots played twice on Thursday during the 2015 and 2017 seasons. Last week the Patriots played at Minnesota on Thanksgiving night. The Bills also played on Thanksgiving. Last season, both Dallas and New Orleans played on Thanksgiving and then met the following Thursday.
The two teams split the annual series last year with each team winning on the road. The teams met for a third time in the 2021 postseason, a 47-17 win at Buffalo.
This week's game will be the 126th meeting between the two teams. New England holds a 77-47-1 edge in the series and have won 36 of the last 44 regular season games between the clubs dating back to 2000.
The Patriots are 39-23 overall in home games against Buffalo, including 16-4 at Gillette Stadium.
The series between the AFC East rivals began in 1960. The Patriots' 77 wins over the Bills is their highest victory total over any opponent, four higher than their next highest win total against the New York Jets (73).
After seven straight series sweeps and 15 consecutive Patriots wins from 2003-10, Buffalo ended the streak with a 34-31 victory at Ralph Wilson Stadium in the first meeting between the teams in 2011. The 15-game win streak is tied for the fourth-longest winning streak over a single opponent in NFL history. The Patriots avenged that loss in the 2011 regular season finale by overcoming a 21-0 first quarter deficit and scoring 49 unanswered points en route to a 49-21 victory.
The teams have had many memorable match ups over the years, including a span from 1999 to 2001 where four-of-five contests were decided in overtime.

SERIES BREAKDOWN
Home Record: 39-23
  • Record in Foxboro: 33-18​
  • Foxboro Stadium: 17-14​
  • Gillette Stadium: 16-4​
  • Record in Boston: 6-5​
Road Record: 38-24-1
  • War Memorial Stadium: 7-6-1​
  • Ralph Wilson/Rich Stadium/New Era/Highmark: 31-18​
Largest Margin of Victory: 46 points (2007)

Largest Margin of Defeat: 35 points (1970)
Longest Win Streak: 15 games (2003-2010)
Bill Belichick vs. Buffalo: 36-10 (36-9 with NE)
Sean McDermott vs. New England: 4-7​

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Trent Brown active but possibly very limited

Probably looking at

McDermott-Strange-Andrews-Ferentz-Onwenu in the event Trent can’t help much

-4 is criminal for a line, I’m all over that

Andrews Ferentz lol

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Are they just going to air their grievances of getting beat by the Pats??

Homework seems more appealing than this shit

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So I just spent the time to log into my wife's Amazon account so I could register my TV to be able to watch this game and then I come here and the thread title says game is also on Fox???

Go to hell with this TNF streaming package. Think this is the first time I've tuned into TNF this year (Thanksgiving excluded).

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I've had enough of this shit. Again, why the f*** are you taking the ball off the line of scrimmage on 3rd and an inch?

• Love
Reactions: Walkenthewalk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad