Proposal: Buff/Cal/Col 3 way

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Mittelstadt is

Wait a 60+ point 2C with team control is less valuable than a D that is UFA in two years? Tell me you don't watch the Sabres without telling me you don't watch them. He is their best forward this year.

No one actually realizes this, but the Sabre's actually don't need D. They need a revamped forward core that does the intangibles better and more consistent. Mitts is one of the ones that fits what we need.

60 point center? How many times in his career has he scored 60?

I am not Andersson's biggest fan but he is 100% more valuable than Mittelstadt. Zero interest in a guy like MIttelstadt in Calgary.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
60 point center? How many times in his career has he scored 60?

I am not Andersson's biggest fan but he is 100% more valuable than Mittelstadt. Zero interest in a guy like MIttelstadt in Calgary.
44 in 54. +13 on a Sabres team with a lot of - forwards. Hilarious you have no interest in him with you losing Lindholm. What don't you like about him? he almost was a bust and you still have that narrative in your head?

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
The funny thing is Zadorov's analytics are vastly superior to Byram's. Byram is like Hanifin was when we got him from Carolina. Fringy top 4 guy with a lot of potential.

Does that look like a top 4 defenseman to you? Heavily sheltered, Ozone starts, loses possession and goals for and against on a high end team. Fringe top 4 might be generous.
He's a stud , bit deflated by signing Toews bit he will be fine. He should actually ask for a trade for more opportunity.

That Flames dcore sucks and well the whole team does. They won't see the post season for a decade at least

Reactions: Linds and McJedi

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He's a stud , bit deflated by signing Toews bit he will be fine. He should actually ask for a trade for more opportunity.

That Flames dcore sucks and well the whole team does. They won't see the post season for a decade at least
That's comical. You're aware the Flames have given up less goals than the Avs right? If our D core sucks how bad does that make yours? You seem upset that Byram isn't good yet. He's 22. Fringe top 4 is charitable to what he is at the moment. He's worse than Zadorov and he was probably closer to a 5 than a 4.

Byram's value is in his potential, not in how he's played this season. He's 22 and has had a lot of injuries that have slowed his development. He gets creampuff minutes, Ozone starts and is still getting caved in at 5 on 5 while playing for a strong team. The Avs lack of a 2nd line C and lack of a second pairing won't allow them to advance past the 1st round unless at least 1 and ideally both things are addressed. You can't play Makar and Toews for 60 minutes. The Oilers, Canucks, Stars or Golden Knights will destroy the team as it's currently constituted. Possibly even the Jets.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bender and McJedi

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
44 in 54. +13 on a Sabres team with a lot of - forwards. Hilarious you have no interest in him with you losing Lindholm. What don't you like about him? he almost was a bust and you still have that narrative in your head?
News flash, 60 pt 2c dont bring back top pair rhd, its common sense. Dudes 25, hes in hes prime, its not like hes projected to be a young 1c. Kadri returned tyson barrie....

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
That's comical. You're aware the Flames have given up less goals than the Avs right? If our D core sucks how bad does that make yours? You seem upset that Byram isn't good yet. He's 22. Fringe top 4 is charitable to what he is at the moment. He's worse than Zadorov and he was probably closer to a 5 than a 4.

Byram's value is in his potential, not in how he's played this season. He's 22 and has had a lot of injuries that have slowed his development. He gets creampuff minutes, Ozone starts and is still getting caved in at 5 on 5 while playing for a strong team. The Avs lack of a 2nd line C and lack of a second pairing won't allow them to advance past the 1st round unless at least 1 and ideally both things are addressed. You can't play Makar and Toews for 60 minutes. The Oilers, Canucks, Stars or Golden Knights will destroy the team as it's currently constituted. Possibly even the Jets.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022

With where the Flames are I don't think we need players of his age, I prefer to look younger. Him being American and close to FA status also isn't something I have any interest in.

If we are looking at the Sabres (not saying all these guys are available) the guys I have interest in are- Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Savoie, Benson and maybe Rosen. We need youth not a 25 year old 2nd line center that likely has little interest in staying around Calgary when his current deal is up.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We all get dumber every time we read a post of yours.
You get smarter. Facts are superior to your feelings. It's a fact he gets caved in possession against mostly bottom 6 opposition starting in the Ozone. It's a fact half a goal more is scored against him than they score when he's on the ice. That isn't what a good defenseman does. Potential is subjective. I believe he has potential. Numbers aren't subjective. By the numbers he's a bottom 30% defenseman this season. You're comparing him favorably to Rasmus Andersson. I'd suggest you listen and learn. Andersson has been a top 20 analytic defenseman for about 4 years now. He's more in the Toews category than a 4-5 type like Byram who trails players like Zadorov.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
You get smarter. Facts are superior to your feelings. It's a fact he gets caved in possession against mostly bottom 6 opposition starting in the Ozone. It's a fact half a goal more is scored against him than they score when he's on the ice. That isn't what a good defenseman does. Potential is subjective. I believe he has potential. Numbers aren't subjective. By the numbers he's a bottom 30% defenseman this season. You're comparing him favorably to Rasmus Andersson. I'd suggest you listen and learn. Andersson has been a top 20 analytic defenseman for about 4 years now. He's more in the Toews category than a 4-5 type like Byram who trails players like Zadorov.
Anderson is so good you want to trade him ?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
You know there isn’t a word minimum you have to reach on these responses. We can tell you are blissfully ignorant without the novel.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I don’t think this is as awful as some people are making it out to be but it would be a pretty easy no from me as a flames fan

Weegar is better on the left side and we have Kylington as well. If we were going to take a chance on a d-man who hasn’t yet hit his potential like Byram I’d prefer it be a righty

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Byram starts a whooping 52% of his shifts in the Ozone. He’s got a very encouraging DPO of .975 this season. He’s a career expected goals for of +4. He’s got more goals this year than Anderson playing less minutes a game, no real PP time/points and his most common teammate is RyJo. His coach plays him 3rd most minutes of any defender on a team with all of toews, Makar, Manson and Girard to choose from.

Maybe Bednar is stupid?

But calling Byram fringe top 4 makes zero sense based on his deployment by his coach.

Byrams excellent PDO score this year screams he’s a victim of the Avs well below average goalie play. Unfortunately for Colorado, Geo has take several steps back from his excellent 2022-23 season. Avs have one of the worst goals saved above expectations in the NHL.

That’s your main culprit for the low PDOs by several Avs.

RyJo is also a possession murdering mess out there. A guy that’s made every teammate worse he’s played with. Unfortunately for Byram, RyJo’s most frequent teammate is Byram.

And yet Byram still has 8 even strength goals. Byram has the same number of goals as McAvoy. And Byram gets no PP time or much run with Mack and Rants.

Great young player.

Last edited:

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I don’t think this is as awful as some people are making it out to be but it would be a pretty easy no from me as a flames fan

Weegar is better on the left side and we have Kylington as well. If we were going to take a chance on a d-man who hasn’t yet hit his potential like Byram I’d prefer it be a righty
Makar will be going back home soon enough

• Love
Reactions: crackdown44

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
News flash, 60 pt 2c dont bring back top pair rhd, its common sense. Dudes 25, hes in hes prime, its not like hes projected to be a young 1c. Kadri returned tyson barrie....
Contract and age means a lot. You aren't getting a player back of the same Calibur. especially on a UFA deal. If you want to sell him as a rental for prospects, sure.
With where the Flames are I don't think we need players of his age, I prefer to look younger. Him being American and close to FA status also isn't something I have any interest in.

If we are looking at the Sabres (not saying all these guys are available) the guys I have interest in are- Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Savoie, Benson and maybe Rosen. We need youth not a 25 year old 2nd line center that likely has little interest in staying around Calgary when his current deal is up.
25 is pretty young and at 6x6 or so until 31. Sabre's are most likely not going to touch a 2 year UFA deal though. A contending team giving up their first and a top prospect sure, just not Buffalo.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
25 is pretty young and at 6x6 or so until 31. Sabre's are most likely not going to touch a 2 year UFA deal though. A contending team giving up their first and a top prospect sure, just not Buffalo.

The Flames are looking at a 3-5 year rebuild. So at best he will be 28 by the time they are competing most likely 30 and again that is assuming he is happy sticking around Canada playing for a non-play-off team. He just makes no sense for the Flames where they are.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
The Flames are looking at a 3-5 year rebuild. So at best he will be 28 by the time they are competing most likely 30 and again that is assuming he is happy sticking around Canada playing for a non-play-off team. He just makes no sense for the Flames where they are.
The original point was value in a vacuum, but I agree the trade doesn't make sense.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
The original point was value in a vacuum, but I agree the trade doesn't make sense.

Sorry I was not commenting on Mittelstadt overall just pointing out he is a bad fit for Calgary. Especially with all the other pieces you have that would be good fits.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Contract and age means a lot. You aren't getting a player back of the same Calibur. especially on a UFA deal. If you want to sell him as a rental for prospects, sure.

What are you talking about with contract and age? Andersson is literally two years older than mitt and is under team control for the next 2.5 years. Hes got more control years than mitts does right now who can hit ufa in a year. You know who the caliber of players a 2c gets in a trade? Go look at kadri for barrie

Last edited:
Reactions: biturbo19

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
What are you talking about with contract and age? Andersson is literally one year older than mitt and is under team control for the next 2.5 years. Hes got more control years than mitts does right now who can hit ufa in a year.
Mitts is an RFA still. You could have 6 more years.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Didnt realize that we can only apply imaginary contacts to mitts but not andersson. Gottcha, carry on. Rfa for 1 more yr lmao
Pretending there is no difference between an RFA and a UFA is funny. Apparently KA has stated Mitts still has a second RFA year left.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Pretending there is no difference between an RFA and a UFA is funny. Apparently KA has stated Mitts still has a second RFA year left.
Yea the year after this one, so guess what 1 more year of team control, pretending its anything more is actually whats funny right now. Again, go look at kadri for barrie trade to see what 2c goes got

• Haha
Reactions: TageGod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad