Confirmed with Link: [BUF/WSH] Halak'd: Halak & 3rd '15 for Neuvirth & Klesla

Vladiator16*

Strange bird Neuvy is... just doesn't really want to be the man. I hope in time he figures his **** out.

Last edited by a moderator:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
He's not playing today and the whole conversation was about him dodging a start. So not sure what exactly this was a reference to, especially because it's written in present tense.

He made 51 saves in his last start against the Canes.

I forgot, Neuvirth isn't worthy of the Semin, Eakin, or Perreault level monitoring to bash GMGM.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
But... but... he made 51 saves against Carolina. Vezina here he comes. :sarcasm:

That may be a bit of the stretch but I have no doubt Neuvirth will be better served staying away from the Caps.

If this was any other sport. Oats and GMGM would be run out of town for how they ruined the FG kicker or closing picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Hey guys, looking for some info on Neuvirth.

Someone on the Sabres board mentioned his injuries while he was playing for WSH and them being, questionable?

He's "injured" now, we are carrying 3 goalies (MN, and 2 AHL goalies) on the West coast trip and this was posted for the game day skate -

@BuffaloSabres

Michal Neuvirth is in full gear watching from the bench right now. Has not skated today at all. - KS

Anyone mind giving a clue on what's going on? Has this happened before?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Someone on the Sabres board mentioned his injuries while he was playing for WSH and them being, questionable?

He's "injured" now, we are carrying 3 goalies (MN, and 2 AHL goalies) on the West coast trip and this was posted for the game day skate -

He's missed multiple starts in the past couple years on sudden notice due to illness. He was injured earlier this year after accidentally stepping on a puck while coming on to the ice for the pre-game skate. He hasn't exactly been a pillar of durability, but his injuries aren't severe. Certainly not as bad as Varlamov.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Neuvirth has never been the same since he was undermined by the Vokoun signing that offseason. It seemed that his will and drive to play for the Caps became "meh"

Maybe a fresh start will do him good.

ryan519*

im interested to see what halak's new mask will look like. i think its supposed to be done today, ready for tomorrow if he starts

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

He's injured.

He's had 2 times where he was sick in the morning and Oates decides to finally give him a start after weeks of saying "well I've gotta give Neuvirth a start right," then finally give him one when the beat writers can see his sick.

He wanted out and you can see why. He has a higher SV% than Holtby, but you can see people living in denial of this and still think Holtby is special.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
He's injured.

He's had 2 times where he was sick in the morning and Oates decides to finally give him a start after weeks of saying "well I've gotta give Neuvirth a start right," then finally give him one when the beat writers can see his sick.

He wanted out and you can see why. He has a higher SV% than Holtby, but you can see people living in denial of this and still think Holtby is special.

Nice cherry picking on the stats from this year which was the first year in his career where he actually had a higher SV% than Holtby. Sample size is quite small though as he has only played 419 minutes (~7 games) with the Caps.

Everyone who follows hockey knows that 24-year old goalie going through a bad stretch is damaged goods and should be traded for nothing.

Gormley

Mar 18, 2014
Old Town
He's injured.

d00d, there is a reason GMGM kept bringing in competition for Neuvy. And there is a reason Neuvy kept sitting on the bench, through 3 different coaches.

He wanted out because there are 2 better goalies than him in the Caps organization.

I like Neuvy, and I thought he was going to be "the guy" for us for years to come after his Calder performances. It didn't work out.

Also, if you want to start that badly, you play through a head cold or the flu. Plain and simple. Ovechkin played in the play-offs with a broken foot. Neuvy sneezes and misses the game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
d00d, there is a reason GMGM kept bringing in competition for Neuvy. And there is a reason Neuvy kept sitting on the bench, through 3 different coaches.

He wanted out because there are 2 better goalies than him in the Caps organization.

I like Neuvy, and I thought he was going to be "the guy" for us for years to come after his Calder performances. It didn't work out.

Also, if you want to start that badly, you play through a head cold or the flu. Plain and simple. Ovechkin played in the play-offs with a broken foot. Neuvy sneezes and misses the game.

dave.gif

Agrees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad