Confirmed with Link: [BUF/WSH] Halak'd: Halak & 3rd '15 for Neuvirth & Klesla

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
‏@SNHockeyCentral: Trade: BUF's Jaroslav Halak to Washington, per @maydayhockey

‏@bruce_arthur: The destruction of the Washington Capitals started with Jaroslav Halak, and perhaps it will end with Jaroslav Halak

@BuffNewsVogl: Goalie Michal Neuvirth is heading back to the Sabres in the Jaroslav Halak deal.

@SabresPR: #Sabres have acquired G Michal Neuvirth and D Rostislav Klesla from Capitals in exchange for G Jaroslav Halak and a 3rd-round pick in '15.

Last edited:

edamer

Feb 22, 2012
Wow, didn't expect that. I like it! Let's just hope we didn't give more than Neuvy and a pick.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
Watch us keep Neuvy and start Grubauer again within the next 10 games, making us the first team to juggle FOUR goalies......

lmao jk of course. Interesting deal, I'd like to see atleast Neuvy going back the other way.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Better not be for anything useful.

Saying that i know it is since the cap doesn't fit otherwise.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Sent Nuevy back for a rental.

At least we're dumping cap hits for next year...

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I'm all for it if a top 4 d-man is coming with otherwise don't see the point. Halak struggled under a structured system. What's gonna happen under this structure. Maybe he'll better at stopping a Green defended two on one odd-man rush.

ryan519*

holy **** i cant believe it. i still have nightmares from this guy

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Can't wait for Holtby to **** the bed tonight and the eventual reality that Neuvirth with finish the season with a higher sv%.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
Also, while the Flyers are the premier Goalie Graveyard in the NHL, you'd have to think at this point the Caps are nearing in on "Goalie Graveyard plan B". Unbelievable that we can't seem to commit to a single goalie for more than a year.
Like the Flyers with Hextall, we haven't had a pure, long term #1 since Kolzig.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Obligatory:

tumblr_mlsmghP2To1r0wjy3o1_250.gif

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Are you going to switch to the Slugs boards now?

You cheer for the Capitals to lose in every GDT for long time now, and you are saying this?

Sorry that I'm a Capitals fan and not a Holtby fan. Just because I'm not enamored with him making simple positional saves that every other goalie in the league makes, especially when he constantly is being caught way out of position because he overreacts to every pass.

edamer

Feb 22, 2012
Halak for Neuvy and a 6th. That's awesome! Good job by GMGM. Having said that, we are still in trouble with our D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad