Confirmed with Link: BUF/WPG Myers+Stafford+Armia+Lemieux+Low 1st for Kane+Bogo+Kasdorf II

Ghills23

Young Guns
Aug 12, 2006
Buffalo
Well 28 minutes plus in 9 of 21 games isn't exactly the same thing.

Jame's right. Bogosian was #1 after acquired. He'll be in the #1 role this year and maybe even the year after.

Ristolainen will be #1 by then. He'll challenge Bogosian for the #1 spot this year.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
If you consider Bogosian as Sabres #1D, my take is that's an indictment of the d-corps more than an endorsement of Bogo. He'll be great as a 3/shutdown guy behind Risto at some point but asking him to play a traditional 1 role, I just don't see him being that guy.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
If you consider Bogosian as Sabres #1D, my take is that's an indictment of the d-corps more than an endorsement of Bogo. He'll be great as a 3/shutdown guy behind Risto at some point but asking him to play a traditional 1 role, I just don't see him being that guy.

I agree, Bogo would be a very good 3 d man.
I can't say Risto will be a franchise d man, yet. Promising, but to little nhl time yet to station him as a franchise 1 d man, and it most likely wouldn't transpire until he's a bit older. I think many fans are putting the horse before the cart on Risto.
Gorges, a good filler for the developing years of Risto to try and achieve that franchise label, but then what? Who comes in to partner with him?

D needs to be addressed for certain, and high level talent at the 1/2 position.

On a brighter note, I do see Pysyk and Bogo making a very good 3/4 set up, or, at the very least, Pysyk can most certainly fill a 5/6 position. So there is some good news on the defensive side of things.

Depth is an issue, for now, but once again, can be aggressively addressed via fa and draft scenario's.

If all have noticed, I haven't mentioned Zad's in any of this, because quite frankly, he's a real question mark right now. Where does he fit in? How high can he reach towards his potential ceiling? Much will depend on his development curve over the next couple of years when it comes to how the D plays out.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I agree, Bogo would be a very good 3 d man.
I can't say Risto will be a franchise d man, yet. Promising, but to little nhl time yet to station him as a franchise 1 d man, and it most likely wouldn't transpire until he's a bit older. I think many fans are putting the horse before the cart on Risto.
Gorges, a good filler for the developing years of Risto to try and achieve that franchise label, but then what? Who comes in to partner with him?

D needs to be addressed for certain, and high level talent at the 1/2 position.

On a brighter note, I do see Pysyk and Bogo making a very good 3/4 set up, or, at the very least, Pysyk can most certainly fill a 5/6 position. So there is some good news on the defensive side of things.

Depth is an issue, for now, but once again, can be aggressively addressed via fa and draft scenario's.

If all have noticed, I haven't mentioned Zad's in any of this, because quite frankly, he's a real question mark right now. Where does he fit in? How high can he reach towards his potential ceiling? Much will depend on his development curve over the next couple of years when it comes to how the D plays out.

Zads is a sure fire top 4. Only question mark is if he he can put it together to be a top pair.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Zads is a sure fire top 4. Only question mark is if he he can put it together to be a top pair.

Maybe, the tools are certainly there. But then again, so are the dumb decision making skills.

His off ice antics are directly related to his on ice play. Who you are, character wise, shows up in all facets of your personality. He makes poor decisions, on and off the ice, from time to time. Can he mature and achieve reaching for his ceiling? I won't even come close to saying sure fire top 4, let alone top 6, right now. Like I said, to many question marks on this kid to date.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Maybe, the tools are certainly there. But then again, so are the dumb decision making skills.

His off ice antics are directly related to his on ice play. Who you are, character wise, shows up in all facets of your personality. He makes poor decisions, on and off the ice, from time to time. Can he mature and achieve reaching for his ceiling? I won't even come close to saying sure fire top 4, let alone top 6, right now. Like I said, to many question marks on this kid to date.

I should of said "In my opinion" . Certainly reasonable to have those comcerns. Me personally I'm not too concerned..he has growing up to do but he'll get there.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I should of said "In my opinion" . Certainly reasonable to have those comcerns. Me personally I'm not too concerned..he has growing up to do but he'll get there.
I hope so, but, as I stated, I left him off of my analysis because of the decision making.

In the interim, without him in the analysis, I think TM goes D with the late 2nd round pick if he doesn't swing a deal with it in any event.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Bogo is the Sabres #1

I don't know what the traditional definition you subscribe to... But Bogo meets every standard and fits the new coaches system like a glove.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
:laugh:

Can we argue the merits of Kasdorf. Pretty please.

I think we can trade him to the Jets as a home town boy and all, probably get a decent return for him, say a 2025 7th rd conditional, the condition being they don't every try to include him in a trade again.....

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Everything your defense does stems from who it throws out against top competition. Your shutdown guy is your #1 defenseman.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Bogosian impressed me a lot after the trade. I think he performed better here than he had at any point in his career for ATL/WPG. I was a big Myers fan and was initially upset over the trade, but have since come back to earth about it.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Saying Bogosian being the number one guy is an indictment on the corps means you watched none of the team's games upon his arrival.

The unit got better with him in and Gorges out. Sorry. Ristolainen played like a monster, and even more so when Bogo got hurt. I think a lot of that confidence initially was when Bogo arrived and took a lot of pressure on.

He (Bogo) looked liberated, free, and ready to thrive in a new city. He played big, he played all three zones, and he was a leader immediately.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Saying Bogosian being the number one guy is an indictment on the corps means you watched none of the team's games upon his arrival.

The unit got better with him in and Gorges out. Sorry. Ristolainen played like a monster, and even more so when Bogo got hurt. I think a lot of that confidence initially was when Bogo arrived and took a lot of pressure on.

He (Bogo) looked liberated, free, and ready to thrive in a new city. He played big, he played all three zones, and he was a leader immediately.

Risto showed his potential during Bogo's absence, and he gained the trust of Nolan down the stretch. Perhaps my memory is too vague, but wasn't Risto's and Bogo's minutes close to end the season last year?

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I liked what Myers brought to this team, but always saw him as a 1B dman - someone that would be paired with your #1 stud that brought another dimension to the pair, and could step in and play big minutes if your top guy went down. He is never going to be that punishing physical presence you want on your top pairing. Perfectly happy giving that spot to Zadarov.

Bogo, on a very good team, is the type of player you want on your second pairing. Almost as good as your first, and can handle any top line. I have a hard time assessing his value compared to Myers as they are just different types you want in your top 4. That's why this trade had so many assets, you just can't really line up the values one for one.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I liked what Myers brought to this team, but always saw him as a 1B dman - someone that would be paired with your #1 stud that brought another dimension to the pair, and could step in and play big minutes if your top guy went down. He is never going to be that punishing physical presence you want on your top pairing. Perfectly happy giving that spot to Zadarov.

Bogo, on a very good team, is the type of player you want on your second pairing. Almost as good as your first, and can handle any top line. I have a hard time assessing his value compared to Myers as they are just different types you want in your top 4. That's why this trade had so many assets, you just can't really line up the values one for one.

Which is one of the reasons this may be one of those trades that works well for both teams in the long run.

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
Since the trade, Buffalo has become my favorite American team. Bogo is a great player and person that will help lead and bring this team closer together. With Kane, I believe that a lot of the people in Winnipeg with negative comments about him are mostly just bitter because he didn't want to be in Winnipeg, and even so he ALWAYS gave 110%. I fully believe on a new young team, he will become part of the leadership group in Buffalo and he will also give 110% in that aspect as well. I'm excited to see what your team brings in the next few years with Eichel and new coaching staff. Best of luck to you in the upcoming season. I will be watching a lot more Buffalo hockey.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Since the trade, Buffalo has become my favorite American team. Bogo is a great player and person that will help lead and bring this team closer together. With Kane, I believe that a lot of the people in Winnipeg with negative comments about him are mostly just bitter because he didn't want to be in Winnipeg, and even so he ALWAYS gave 110%. I fully believe on a new young team, he will become part of the leadership group in Buffalo and he will also give 110% in that aspect as well. I'm excited to see what your team brings in the next few years with Eichel and new coaching staff. Best of luck to you in the upcoming season. I will be watching a lot more Buffalo hockey.
Thank you!

Blake Wheeler is one of my favorite players and hopefully you guys can get a new arena soon!

I feel a lot of people miss out on games due to its size!

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje

Well, the trade made me watch more Jets games as well. I think this deal tied our fan bases together for a long time and wish you guys the best. Looking forward to beating you in the finals a couple of years from now. ;)

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Couldnt agree more

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1