Confirmed with Link: BUF/WPG Myers+Stafford+Armia+Lemieux+Low 1st for Kane+Bogo+Kasdorf II

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Staff and Myers 2 of the 3 stars tonight.

Good for them

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I predict we're going to regret trading Myers. I'm sure we could have kept him and still gotten Kane.

I said it before the trade, but I really think there's a pretty good chance that playing on a good team, he starts looking an awful lot like a legit #1.
Until Bogo proves I shouldn't, though, I'm going to be optimistic about him stepping up his game and successfully filling Myers' role here. And plus we got a great, young winger for Reinhart or McEichel out of it.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I don't think so. Realistically, our prime Cup window is in approximately 3-5 years, I would guess. Having Kane for the next 3 years is nice, but if we lose him to UFA before we are a true contender, then we sort of missed the whole point with this deal. I think losing Kane to a big city team like the Rangers is a huge risk when his contract is up. It might not happen, but it's definitely one of several risky components of this deal, and one of the main reasons I don't really like it.

I see you've decided to double down on overthinking the UFA in 3 years angle. Arguing we shouldn't have acquired a player like Kane because he might leave in 3 years or because we have more team control over players like Armia, Lemieux and the 1st we gave up. That is easily the most ridiculous complaint I've read.

Think of the assumptions you're making to stoke your worries.

-He's definitely leaving in three years
-He wants to go to a big city team because….. well… you pulled that out of your ass
-Our Cup window is 3-5 years from now.

Other things that could happen -- Kane signing an extension after two years. Or Kane being here helps accelerate the Cup window. Since you forgot that we can re-sign him a year before he becomes a free agent. Its worth reminding you if he doesn't want to then he can be traded. If you look at this is a rational manner you should realize the odds of losing him for nothing in 3 years are pretty damn slim. Assuming he is even lost at all.

Its like the ghost of Darcy reading your posts. Fear of losing team controlled players and getting max value in a trade.

Last edited:

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I said it before the trade, but I really think there's a pretty good chance that playing on a good team, he starts looking an awful lot like a legit #1.
Until Bogo proves I shouldn't, though, I'm going to be optimistic about him stepping up his game and successfully filling Myers' role here. And plus we got a great, young winger for Reinhart or McEichel out of it.

I'm a bit more skeptical about the trade than most, but it's one we'll have to wait and see on.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
And Tyler Myers might've left in four years for Calgary or somewhere else. Why are people wasting their time worrying about what'll happen in 3.5 years from now?

ZeroPT*

I think the consensus is we love the Kane addition but the Myers-Bogosian was really unnecessary.

Time will tell if TM was right

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
First star tonight, huh. Anybody see it live?

Hope I'm wrong about this one.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Really? Everyone who reported on it called those the two primary pieces. I'm equally doubtful.

Here's what I think happened, more or less:

Chevy to TM: "Kane's available. He'd be a guy you'd move Myers for??"

TM to Chevy: "Sure, but we need a RHD coming back. Bogo's the guy I'd have my eye on."

Chevy to TM: "OK, but now we're going to need some prospects if we're giving up 2 of the 3 best NHLers in the deal"

and so on.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
First star tonight, huh. Anybody see it live?

Hope I'm wrong about this one.

He was amazing tonight. His assist on the first goal made me die a little inside knowing that we will never see that again from him. Solid defensively, produced offensively.

On the bright side: We won't have to witness the classic stupid Myers penalty each game anymore (he had a pointless slash that led to a Detroit PPG tonight).

Yeah....this is one move that we are going to regret.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad