GDT: BUF @ WIN 8pm TV:MSG, NHL Network Radio:WGR - Guess who's back...

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
BTW -- For those of us with ESPN+, tonight is a NHL Network game.

Therefore, anyone with ESPN+ will need to find alternative ways to watch the game. Again.
Does anyone know if NHLN is poaching these games ad hoc or were they announced at the beginning of the year as being only on NHLN?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Does anyone know if NHLN is poaching these games ad hoc or were they announced at the beginning of the year as being only on NHLN?

90% sure they're poaching ad hoc. Pretty sure last week this was listed as an ESPN+ game.

NHL Network airs games a LOT of Fridays, and they've got nothing scheduled after Thanksgiving on Fridays.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
90% sure they're poaching ad hoc. Pretty sure last week this was listed as an ESPN+ game.

NHL Network airs games a LOT of Fridays, and they've got nothing scheduled after Thanksgiving on Fridays.
What I thought, and pisses me off to no end. I bought ESPN+ to get all games. Saying NHLN is a national game when the network isn’t carried on 60% of networks and services is BS.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
You are never going to get all the games on ESPN+.

:dunno:
I know that going in with those that are on TNT and ESPN proper but I have access to those. I don’t have access to NHLN and refuse to pay $20 a month for it when I should be able to watch them on the other services I paid for. NHLN can rebroadcast all they want if I can still get access via the services I already paid for.

Reactions: Daz28 and Zman5778

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Or any service for that matter. Which is why I don't bother to pay for any of them. I would 100% pay a reasonable sum if one of them carried all 82 games.

I'm OK paying the $10.99 a month for ESPN+ full well knowing that TNT games as well as all Pens, Flyers and Rags games are blacked out for me. That gives me roughly 60-65 games per year, and I'm fine with the $10.99/month to watch that plus a bunch of other stuff.

But it's complete BS that NHL Network gets to poach a game and be like "nope...not yours" WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN USE THEIR OWN ANNOUNCERS.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Meh, I pay for what I consume. But buying a package that gets poached without a commensurate offset is bs in my book.

Reactions: Zman5778

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm OK paying the $10.99 a month for ESPN+ full well knowing that TNT games as well as all Pens, Flyers and Rags games are blacked out for me. That gives me roughly 60-65 games per year, and I'm fine with the $10.99/month to watch that plus a bunch of other stuff.

But it's complete BS that NHL Network gets to poach a game and be like "nope...not yours" WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN USE THEIR OWN ANNOUNCERS.
It was very frustrating to lose the Sabres game on TNT a few weeks ago to a local broadcast. I understand why they do it, but I am not giving another dime to Spectrum. I just don't have much respect for that company. And the monthly pricing for the MSG channel is comical.

So, I'll continue streaming when I do watch the games. I'll miss this one, though. It's the wifey's birthday celebration tonight. I also don't care to watch them at this point. I really hope they start to turn it around. I just need one solid effort to pull me back in, but I've been waiting to see that effort for a few weeks now.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Calmrie tonight ?
In the spirit of new blood pressure meds I'm going to watch...

It's just like the Bill's everything is hard right now

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Johnny HFBOARDS

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
You know who this team reminds me of right now? The Pierre Maguire Whalers: Hopeless poorly coached dreck that were miserable to watch. Glad I don't have NHLTV and thus won't have to suffer through this horribly coached team stinking the joint out yet again.
Mad Giraffe incoming

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Mountain, game starts at 6 for me. They usually start at 5 and I don't finish work till 5 so I almost always miss half the first. I am becoming accustomed to us being down 0-2 by the time I get the game on.

At least I am not alone, this is oiler country. So I can share my misery.
I go to the gym from 4-6 so depending on the time of year the home games start at 4 or 5 for me, but I just start them from the beginning when I get home so I can FF through the commercials and intermissions.

Reactions: Mattilaus

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
What I thought, and pisses me off to no end. I bought ESPN+ to get all games. Saying NHLN is a national game when the network isn’t carried on 60% of networks and services is BS.
SlingTV Orange Package + Sports addon will run you $51/mo and gets you ESPN/TNT/NHLN

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Even when it's on espn+ it still gets locally blacklisted from time to time it's horse shit so I am gonna keep ripping games off from the net

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad