Proposal: BUF-VAN blockbuster

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Eichel gets dragged down by a toxic environment. He carried the Sabres on his back since he entered the league. Look how the far the Sabres have fallen without him, they can't win games anymore, the PP is non-existent without him (but was top of the league when he played).

I would do a 1 for 1, but only because i love Pettersson, i actually like his playing style more. But Eichel can take over games in a way Pettersson just can't.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Smh.

If Pettersson is worth 2 firsts, then I will trade my next 10 firsts for 5 more Petterssons to add to the team tomorrow.

I wouldn't trade Pettersson straight up for Eichel btw.
I said he’s worth at least 2 firsts. Reading comprehension is key. Not everyone is going to think he’s worth more than 2 but I doubt there’s any sane person that would argue he’s worth less

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
1. Just because adams wants 4 1sts value, doesn’t mean he will get that. Most public demands of value aren’t ever met in trades. It’s just a positioning chip. Yes he doesn’t have to trade eichel and has years before eichel’s contract ends, but that just creates an even more toxic environment in Buffalo if eichel has requested a trade. If he holds out for longer than Sakic did with duchene, chances are he’s on the unemployment line before he gets 4 1sts.

2. Pettersson is worth more than a 1st. I’d argue he’s worth at least 2 firsts if eichel is worth 4. So that offer is essentially the value of a minimum of 3 1sts for a disgruntled player
Petey is worth far more then a 1st or 2 he's a #1 centre and hasn't even hit his peak yet. His first 2 seasons were more productive than Jacks and is already better defensively it makes zero sense for the Nucks especially given the fact any trade involving Jack will be cuz he has asked for a trade.
I could easily see a team that is desperate for a 1c of peteys calibre offer- sheeting him for the max compensation of 4 first-round picks.
Not saying Jack has peaked yet but we have a pretty good idea what he is which is damn good and I'm sure a bidding war would perhaps allow Adams to get close to his asking but Petey has just scratched the surface so nobody knows what his ceiling may be and on top of that we give up a first its just to risky for what's basically a lateral move. I see teams like the Ducks, Kings, Wild, Rangers, Jackets as better partners for the Sabres.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Eichel gets dragged down by a toxic environment. He carried the Sabres on his back since he entered the league. Look how the far the Sabres have fallen without him, they can't win games anymore, the PP is non-existent without him (but was top of the league when he played).

I would do a 1 for 1, but only because i love Pettersson, i actually like his playing style more. But Eichel can take over games in a way Pettersson just can't.
Jack is a stud but Petey most definitely can take over games and it's not like Jack was far ahead of Petey and taking over games his first two seasons. Plus Petey has already proven in the SHL and the bubble that he has another gear in the playoffs. Plus for the people saying that Adams wouldn't value Petey as highly as 4 firsts so, therefore, it's moot need to look at from the pov that if he feels Jack is worth 4 1sts then Petey should be as well, considering age, similar numbers at the same age, the fact Jack would be wanting a trade and peteys very underrated 2way game the fact he's an RFA during covid meaning he might get signed to a cheaper contract based on the flat cap kind of brings their value close to each other.
If the ask really is 4 1sts, maybe Adams feels like a quantity type return is better for the club then just swapping one franchise 1c for another which makes sense.
He might not get a Petey type player but instead adds 4 prospects that in their sum would be better for the franchise.
What about Horvat, Dipietro and 2 firsts plus a roster player to balance the cap? A natural leader in the ROR mould, a potential #1 who posted better numbers than Demko in his rookie season and two 1sts top 4 protected in very deep drafts, from what I've read. Nuck fans is that to much? Sabre fans not enough?

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Something built around Pettersson for Eichel. Obviously more coming from Van to make the cap work and to balance the trade more.

Petey and Dahlin together to lead the culture change in Buffalo. Van gets to roll an all American top line of Miller-Eichel-Boeser.

Thoughts?

Off the top of my head, something like:

Pettersson, Virtanen, Sutter (expiring contract), 1st round 2022 Top 3 protected.

For

Eichel
Lol trade Pettersson for Eichel, what a mess

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Jack is a stud but Petey most definitely can take over games and it's not like Jack was far ahead of Petey and taking over games his first two seasons. Plus Petey has already proven in the SHL and the bubble that he has another gear in the playoffs. Plus for the people saying that Adams wouldn't value Petey as highly as 4 firsts so, therefore, it's moot need to look at from the pov that if he feels Jack is worth 4 1sts then Petey should be as well, considering age, similar numbers at the same age, the fact Jack would be wanting a trade and peteys very underrated 2way game the fact he's an RFA during covid meaning he might get signed to a cheaper contract based on the flat cap kind of brings their value close to each other.
If the ask really is 4 1sts, maybe Adams feels like a quantity type return is better for the club then just swapping one franchise 1c for another which makes sense.
He might not get a Petey type player but instead adds 4 prospects that in their sum would be better for the franchise.
What about Horvat, Dipietro and 2 firsts plus a roster player to balance the cap? A natural leader in the ROR mould, a potential #1 who posted better numbers than Demko in his rookie season and two 1sts top 4 protected in very deep drafts, from what I've read. Nuck fans is that to much? Sabre fans not enough?
You have to feel it, you have to feel the pain, otherwise there's no trade.

It's your typical spare parts for the real thing type of deal. You have to sacrifice in order to get something, haven't you learned nothing in life? Did you get your precious things for free? You gotta earn it, son. You give it, you get it. If it ain't hurting, you ain't getting.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
I'm starting to think you people have not watched eichel
No, most of them just watched a couple highlights. Add to this the fact that homer fans tend to overrate their own players, and voila you got your typical ignorant pseudo-experts.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Pettersson 1 to 1 is better than Eichel, he's a top 10 player in the league and Eichel slots just outside of that.

:laugh::laugh:

I fully understand Vancouver fans wanting to keep their young star player, but come on now...

Pettersson has never even been top 10 in goals, assists or points. How is he a top 10 player in the league?

Meanwhile Eichel was top 10 in both goals and points last season, while playing for a terrible team. Only Connor McDavid factors into more total offense for his team. Eichel was #2 in the league, factoring in on something like 60+% of buffalo’s offense.

I don’t know if any GM in the league would take Pettersson over Eichel if given the choice.

This thread is a perfect example of why I normally don’t even click on any Eichel trade threads. I don’t know why I did today...

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If Buffalo trades Eichel they are rebuilding. Pettersson is a good young player to rebuild around. The first included though is likely to be outside of the lottery though. Eichel on Van (and they’re keeping their team intact other than Pettersson) makes them a much better team.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
You do realize that Adams wants equivalent to 4 1st round picks for Eichel right? So Pettersson+Virtanen+Sutter+Vancouvers 2022 1st round pick top 3 protected doesn't cut it. Sutter is a dump Virtanen has little to no value so it's basically Pettersson+2022 1st round pick for Eichel and that doesn't cut it.

Pettersson was a 1st round pick and so was Virtanen and Sutter. Plus Vancouver adds their 1st in 2022. That's your 4 1st round picks equivalence.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Something built around Pettersson for Eichel. Obviously more coming from Van to make the cap work and to balance the trade more.

Petey and Dahlin together to lead the culture change in Buffalo. Van gets to roll an all American top line of Miller-Eichel-Boeser.

Thoughts?

Off the top of my head, something like:

Pettersson, Virtanen, Sutter (expiring contract), 1st round 2022 Top 3 protected.

For

Eichel
No

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Eichel WILL explode WHEN in a better environment....

Absolutely that's why if Buffalo trades him they need to hit it big and get the proper haul....Lot of these teams it's laughable what their fans are offering...Like we want Eichel but our top prospects are off the table lol phone would be hung up in a second by Sabres

Reactions: Team Cozens

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Buffalo adds for sure.

Pettersson is one of the greatest players to have ever laced the skates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad