Proposal: BUF-VAN blockbuster

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
Something built around Pettersson for Eichel. Obviously more coming from Van to make the cap work and to balance the trade more.

Petey and Dahlin together to lead the culture change in Buffalo. Van gets to roll an all American top line of Miller-Eichel-Boeser.

Thoughts?

Off the top of my head, something like:

Pettersson, Virtanen, Sutter (expiring contract), 1st round 2022 Top 3 protected.

For

Eichel

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
That should be almost a one for one....Vancouver wouldn't make this trade .....imo

I dunno. I'm a Canucks fan but I feel like he is overrated on these boards quite a bit. In my opinion offensively he hasn't improved since his rookie year and feel like he will top out at a PPG player. Eichel is in a toxic environment, if he left IMO he would be putting up close to 100 in a full year.

But hey if Buffalo accepts it without the first im down with that.

Reactions: Team Cozens

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I dunno. I'm a Canucks fan but I feel like he is overrated on these boards quite a bit. In my opinion offensively he hasn't improved since his rookie year and feel like he will top out at a PPG player. Eichel is in a toxic environment, if he left IMO he would be putting up close to 100 in a full year.

But hey if Buffalo accepts it without the first im down with that.

Good to know get insight from those watching him....Agree Eichel could explode if in a better environment....

Reactions: Team Cozens

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Something built around Pettersson for Eichel. Obviously more coming from Van to make the cap work and to balance the trade more.

Petey and Dahlin together to lead the culture change in Buffalo. Van gets to roll an all American top line of Miller-Eichel-Boeser.

Thoughts?

Pettersson, Virtanen, Sutter (expiring contract), 1st round 2022 Top 3 protected.

For

Eichel
You do realize that Adams wants equivalent to 4 1st round picks for Eichel right? So Pettersson+Virtanen+Sutter+Vancouvers 2022 1st round pick top 3 protected doesn't cut it. Sutter is a dump Virtanen has little to no value so it's basically Pettersson+2022 1st round pick for Eichel and that doesn't cut it.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
You do realize that Adams wants equivalent to 4 1st round picks for Eichel right? So Pettersson+Virtanen+Sutter+Vancouvers 2022 1st round pick top 3 protected doesn't cut it. Sutter is a dump Virtanen has little to no value so it's basically Pettersson+2022 1st round pick for Eichel and that doesn't cut it.
Hard lining the 4 first round picks huh?

Seider+Raymond+Zadina+2021 1st for Eichel right?

Reactions: NatoGhost

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
1. Just because adams wants 4 1sts value, doesn’t mean he will get that. Most public demands of value aren’t ever met in trades. It’s just a positioning chip. Yes he doesn’t have to trade eichel and has years before eichel’s contract ends, but that just creates an even more toxic environment in Buffalo if eichel has requested a trade. If he holds out for longer than Sakic did with duchene, chances are he’s on the unemployment line before he gets 4 1sts.

2. Pettersson is worth more than a 1st. I’d argue he’s worth at least 2 firsts if eichel is worth 4. So that offer is essentially the value of a minimum of 3 1sts for a disgruntled player

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Thoughts?

For

Eichel

A trade is not happening during the season. Eichel is hurt. Petersen is due a new contract. Not taking on cap dumps.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Adams can ask all he wants, I doubt any sane GM gives up the equivalent to 4 1st rounders for Eichel.
My point is that not all 1st rounders are created equal so it's ridiculous to hard line a proposal on the 1st rounder thing.

Tampa would trade 4 1sts for Eichel. Boston and Colorado would too. And it probably wouldn't be worth as much as Seider alone, this is why talking about these players as just 1st rounders is way to oversimplified.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
1. Just because adams wants 4 1sts value, doesn’t mean he will get that. Most public demands of value aren’t ever met in trades. It’s just a positioning chip. Yes he doesn’t have to trade eichel and has years before eichel’s contract ends, but that just creates an even more toxic environment in Buffalo if eichel has requested a trade. If he holds out for longer than Sakic did with duchene, chances are he’s on the unemployment line before he gets 4 1sts.

2. Pettersson is worth more than a 1st. I’d argue he’s worth at least 2 firsts if eichel is worth 4. So that offer is essentially the value of a minimum of 3 1sts for a disgruntled player
Smh.

If Pettersson is worth 2 firsts, then I will trade my next 10 firsts for 5 more Petterssons to add to the team tomorrow.

I wouldn't trade Pettersson straight up for Eichel btw.

Reactions: elitepete

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
I like Eichel a bit more than Pettersson but trading your best young player is so risky. Probably wouldn’t do it in a lateral move like this.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Id do Jeichel for Horvat, Virtanen, Juolevi, Beagle, Chatfield and 2022 4th

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
I would consider EP for JE 1 for 1 but no way I would add a 1st round pick for it.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Trade a playoff performer like Petey for a guy who can't lead his team out of drafting top 5?
One of the most overrated players along with "Ron Jeremy" from Toronto. I'd take Aho and Petey over him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad