Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 1.15.54 PM.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 1.19.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 1.19.53 PM.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I know it's been a rough ride for him so far, but Cozens playing between Biro and Rousek is so dumb.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Sabres play to the level of their opponent so I am cautiously optimistic about tonight. They have also played well during the 2nd of BTB games.

Going to be at a local bar, so I'm either going to dishing out snarky remarks or taking them.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Toronto will probably be trying to prove their faux tough guy status after the lack of response on Marchand injuring their guy. So some cheap runs from plugs coming. Either leading to a frustrating lack of calls or an even more frustrating series of powerplays.

That third line is something alright. I guess if you can’t send Cozens down to Rochester this is basically the same thing.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They struggle against teams that play hard. Toronto doesn’t play hard. I’d favor them against the Leafs over Philly every time.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
They struggle against teams that play hard. Toronto doesn’t play hard. I’d favor them against the Leafs over Philly every time.
I would much rather play the Leafs in a best of 7 series vs the Islanders or Flyers. Even if the Leafs won the President’s trophy.

Something about they way certain teams play just completely shuts us down.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
The ability to bounce back after last night's stinker will say a lot about the character of this team.

Frankly I don't know what to expect with this Jekyll and Hyde squad.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
The ability to bounce back after last night's stinker will say a lot about the character of this team.

If this Squad is Jekyll and Hyde, they better treat Toronto like the Invisible Man tonight.

(fans of Alan Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen will get that one.)

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Everyone said that after the last Philly game and here we are saying it again. I’m not sure it’s about character, it’s about not having a well built team in the present. They’re too focused on the distant future with team construction.

They also aren’t a Jekyll and Hyde squad since they’ve mostly only looked bad, outside of the Avs game.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Pretty nonchalant play so far in a pivotal season.

We all think we could have added some talent in the off-season but we can probably all agree that they are playing below their talent level. I love what Granato has done with some players but there was always a question of whether or not he can take the next step. Add to that a disengaged preseason and as a big DG fan, he simply hasn't had the team ready for a big season.

I'll add Okie to the pile of mismanagement as well. If the boys aren't coming to play, the captain should have something to say about it. Hold each other accountable. The only guys consistently playing well have an obvious reason to do so and the rest aren't, which is deeply concerning.

Reactions: MOGlLNY

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland

We all think we could have added some talent in the off-season but we can probably all agree that they are playing below their talent level. I love what Granato has done with some players but there was always a question of whether or not he can take the next step. Add to that a disengaged preseason and as a big DG fan, he simply hasn't had the team ready for a big season.

I'll add Okie to the pile of mismanagement as well. If the boys aren't coming to play, the captain should have something to say about it. Hold each other accountable. The only guys consistently playing well have an obvious reason to do so and the rest aren't, which is deeply concerning.
It's like last season concluded and the whole organization, Pegula on down to the ushers, decided "Well, playoffs are inevitable now. We're all set." and figured all hands can just show up and hang out until April. Similar, yet the opposite of a few years ago "OK, we've signed Staal and Hall, rebuild over, we're relevant again, yay."

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

“Talent level” is a strange term. How do we know they’re playing below their talent level?

Talent is only a small piece of the puzzle, and just amassing raw talent will only get you so far. (I guess this isn’t responding to your point, it’s more of a side point).

It's like last season concluded and the whole organization, Pegula on down to the ushers, decided "Well, playoffs are inevitable now. We're all set." and figured all hands can just show up and hang out until April. Similar, yet the opposite of a few years ago "OK, we've signed Staal and Hall, rebuild over, we're relevant again, yay."
But they’re “always looking to improve!” Just can’t find deals good enough for Kevyn “princess and the pea” Adams.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
“Talent level” is a strange term. How do we know they’re playing below their talent level?

Talent is only a small piece of the puzzle, and just amassing raw talent will only get you so far. (I guess this isn’t responding to your point, it’s more of a side point).
I think we're working along the same lines here but Cozens, Power, Tuch, Dahlin, Tage are so far playing below the level that we've seen them play at a time in their career when they should all really be progressing.

However you view the talent level of the team, those team leaders have not been at their best and the team would clearly be better if they came to play out of the gate.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
So far they followed exactly what I predicted for the next 10 gms in terms of W/L.
Lets hope they continue to do so which should lead to a W tonight.
Also its the last game I am able to watch until most of North America changes to daylight saving time.
So they better show up lol

Last edited:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I think we're working along the same lines here but Cozens, Power, Tuch, Dahlin, Tage are so far playing below the level that we've seen them play at a time in their career when they should all really be progressing.

However you view the talent level of the team, those team leaders have not been at their best and the team would clearly be better if they came to play out of the gate.
I think Tage has been up to snuff besides the first 2 maybe 3 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad