GDT: BUF @ STL 8pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - The end of Movember

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Casey missed that easy tap-in too.

Guys, this sure as hell isn't a "good" game, but getting 43 SOG on the road means you're doing a lot right.
If STL had anything that resembled a transition game you’re probably looking at 30 shots, maybe. The amount of mishandling of the puck by STL that occurred without being pressured by Buffalo, was downright silly and an insult to anybody appreciating good hockey.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Chalk up another “played good enough to win but didn’t” loss

Its the only thing these guys do consistently.

Actually two things they do consistently. Follow up the rare good game with another loss to cancel it out straight away.

Onto the shit kicking L where they look terrible. Followed up by the W where they almost blow it.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
UPL is a land of contrasts.

UPL got hung out to dry by the skaters a number of times, leading to 3 goals he really didn’t have a chance on.

UPL made a few outstanding saves.

UPL let in 3 pretty stinky goals that he probably should have saved.

The skaters created a ton of offense and failed to finish on at least 3 glorious wide open nets.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Feels like they should’ve had a much better result tonight. At some points it felt like there was a force bubble around a yawning cage that we couldn’t penetrate.

At the other end it felt like everything went in. We could’ve had no joke 9 goals tonight. They send Levi down and UPL immediately imploded. Gotta say I am really disappointed.

Deleted member 346512

The game confirmed it once again... this team as it is currently set up isn`t going anywhere. This franchise spin in circles without noticing.
Now everything is analyzed nicely again, then you might win the next game with a bit of luck and then lose again because the basics don't work

Last edited by a moderator:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
UPL is a land of contrasts.

UPL got hung out to dry by the skaters a number of times, leading to 3 goals he really didn’t have a chance on.

UPL made a few outstanding saves.

UPL let in 3 pretty stinky goals that he probably should have saved.

The skaters created a ton of offense and failed to finish on at least 3 glorious wide open nets.
The theme appears to be 3

Reactions: GOALOFSSON

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Binnington was mostly excellent (can't stand the prick). UPL was occasionally dreadful, and the gaffes from the rest of the team were inexcusable.

That's how you lose a game while outshooting the opponent 45-20.

Add Tage and Quinn to the mix. Fine tune the lines and pairings. Clean up the bonehead plays. And I like this team's chances.

That last item is broken-record material, but absolutely critical at this point in the season.

Maybe Don has done all he's capable of doing, and it's time for a different staff to get them sorted out. We've all talked about it for weeks.

I'll wager there are unemployed NHL coaches, with winning records, just drooling at getting a chance with this team.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
If STL had anything that resembled a transition game you’re probably looking at 30 shots, maybe. The amount of mishandling of the puck by STL that occurred without being pressured by Buffalo, was downright silly and an insult to anybody appreciating good hockey.
Not exactly a puck management classic by either team.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
That goal where UPL went for a walk into the corner was just terrible. Not a goal that should ever happen in the NHL. If I were a forward and that went in I would feel demoralized. Like every mistake will end up in the net.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Binnington was mostly excellent (can't stand the prick). UPL was occasionally dreadful, and the gaffes from the rest of the team were inexcusable.

That's how you lose a game while outshooting the opponent 45-20.

Add Tage and Quinn to the mix. Fine tune the lines and pairings. Clean up the bonehead plays. And I like this team's chances.

That last item is broken-record material, but absolutely critical at this point in the season.

Maybe Don has done all he's capable of doing, and it's time for a different staff to get them sorted out. We've all talked about it for weeks.

I'll wager there are unemployed NHL coaches, with winning records, just drooling at getting a chance with this team.
People need to be realistic when it comes to Quinn.. he isn't going to.come back and be a savior. It could take until next season before he is feeling normal ..if ever.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I have such a hard time figuring out who to blame with this group. Every position, every line, every pairing have their Jekyll and Hyde games.

Easy answer is blame goaltending last night when UPL gives up 6 goals in an otherwise pretty dominant performance... but then UPL will steal a game or two that no one else decided to show up to. It's exhausting as someone who wants to think about some kinda solution to the problem.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
11-7 works for this team because they don't have 12 quality forwards. Gives flexibility if a D is off. Stay 500 until Tage and Quinn return.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00