GDT: BUF @ PITT, 7:30 p.m. TV: MSG, ESPN +

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
Also, it's incredibly annoying what a shill Rob Ray is for the team. They get completely dominated the 1st period and he says what a great period they had. MSG is unlistenable at this point because they refuse to criticize the team.
It's been a huge reason for me avoiding home broadcasts. Today was one of the few I watched because I can't stand the Pens crew. Up there with Bruins, Avs, Devils, Panthers--bad.

Reactions: sabresfan129103

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Interested to find out what this is all about, because handicapping yourself by icing just 11 forwards in a back-to-back made zero sense to me, regardless of how inconsistent Krebs has been this season.
Yeah just watched his interview ... seemed like an odd way to respond to that. Something might be up.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I saw a replay of the second goal he gave up. That was weak as shit, and IMO, a back breaker when the team was only down by 1.
Didn’t matter. We scored 0

UPL could have been a brick wall that only gave up a single goal all game after it was quintuple deflected and we still would have lost.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
UPL had one goal absolutely his fault. I would argue that the one off his head was too much of a fluke but I also understand that others think it was because of his positioning. I don't know.

I do know he had a .923 save percentage tonight. 36 saves on 39 shots.

He wasn't the reason we lost. He was, IMO, very solid tonight.
spot on, agreed.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I saw a replay of the second goal he gave up. That was weak as shit, and IMO, a back breaker when the team was only down by 1.
Well just no, he saved the horrible defense a couple of times so you are nothing but wrong. Watch the whole game if you want and insist on being stubborn.
One softy and a overall good save percentage and decent game.
Powers and Dahlin were pretty shit, Joker too. Powers is so overrated imho. Fumbles with the puck and plays slow. Both of them trying to dangle opponents with no speed, often results in TO and so on.
And yeah, let's not forget you can't win games with zero goals scored.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I know I was deflated after that goal. We were already struggling to create any offense by then, and I couldn't see how they would battle back from a two goal deficit.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Too many things wrong with the approach to pick one. Disappointing.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
If the Sabres were a junkie and losing was their drug, tonight was the relapse.

Hopefully they pull themselves out of this hole before it expands to something much worse, namely a multi game losing streak.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I agree it was weak.

But those happen. Not infrequently.

Good teams, well lead teams, don't roll over and show their belly when it happens.

Reactions: Svedu

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Interested to find out what this is all about, because handicapping yourself by icing just 11 forwards in a back-to-back made zero sense to me, regardless of how inconsistent Krebs has been this season.

We needed his one assist all year. He's been consistent. Consistently below average.

I agree it was weak.

But those happen. Not infrequently.

Good teams, well lead teams, don't roll over and show their belly when it happens.

UPL is always going to be UPL. Back up at best.

If the Sabres were a junkie and losing was their drug, tonight was the relapse.

Hopefully they pull themselves out of this hole before it expands to something much worse, namely a multi game losing streak.

Something worse. They are a non-playoff team on pace for 82 games and the season is about a fifth over. They are not as good as last year.

Reactions: SabresFan26

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I honestly can't even imagine what it could be...any ideas ?

At this point, just trade him. We have no clue what to do with him and he's wasting his own career on a fourth line. Krebs isn't the smartest hockey player but he could (and should) turn into very good contributor for a contender on their third line.

Hopefully he's part of a package deal to the Sharks for Tomas Hertl

I mean, I'm here for it but where does Hertl even go in the lineup?

Reactions: lecherous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad