GDT: BUF @ PITT, 7:30 p.m. TV: MSG, ESPN +

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I genuinely think a collab of folks on this board could coach up the powerplay better than the people the team has in charge.

“We’ve tried everything (one entry play and one set play in the zone) and we’re all out of ideas!”

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
This team is absolute garbage ... Adams should be ashamed of himself. He knew he had Quinn out and added nothing to this roster to bolster their depth. You can see the result of ONE injury that we're forced to go 11-7 twice in a week.

I fear we paid some of these guys far too early and they're simply not top end talents. The Cozens contract is likely going to be an anchor in the near term as he looks like the 30-40 point guy he was prior to last season, and is quickly turning into an anchor for whichever line he's on. He doesn't have the hands or smarts of a $7M player. He severely lacks in the hockey IQ department and is terrible defensively. This might end up being Adams' first big mistake, we'll see.

They have four or five absolute boat anchors taking up roster spots on this team. If they're truly thinking they're a playoff contender, they need everyone on their top 6 and top 4 to re-create last year and that is nowhere close to happening.

Reactions: SabresFan26

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
glad I missed this shit fest. I guess the Hyde UPL showed up?
They had me drawn in with a decent game against Carolina, and Minnesota with Levi last night. But I don’t see this team going anywhere with this roster, this shit PP, and this coaching staff.

• Haha
Reactions: Svedu

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They had me drawn in with a decent game against Carolina, and Minnesota with Levi last night. But I don’t see this team going anywhere with this roster, this shit PP, and this coaching staff.

It's weird - I didn't like two of the goals (one off his back from below the goal line, one that leaked through) but he also made some quality stops. But no one can win when no one scores.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
UPL’s performance didn’t really matter at all. We scored 0 goals and did very little offensively until the pens took their foot off the gas late in the 3rd

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
They played okay in those games, but don't generate against even decent defensive teams. They've been outplayed in most of their recent games by a fair margin in my view. There's not enough offensive talent on this roster to overcome a couple key guys struggling to meet the moment (Cozens, Tage offensively, Dahlin offensively, Krebs, etc.).

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
UPL had one goal absolutely his fault. I would argue that the one off his head was too much of a fluke but I also understand that others think it was because of his positioning. I don't know.

I do know he had a .923 save percentage tonight. 36 saves on 39 shots.

He wasn't the reason we lost. He was, IMO, very solid tonight.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
UPL had one goal absolutely his fault. I would argue that the one off his head was too much of a fluke but I also understand that others think it was because of his positioning. I don't know.

I do know he had a .923 save percentage tonight. 36 saves on 39 shots.

He wasn't the reason we lost. He was, IMO, very solid tonight.
I saw a replay of the second goal he gave up. That was weak as shit, and IMO, a back breaker when the team was only down by 1.

• Haha
Reactions: Svedu

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Also, it's incredibly annoying what a shill Rob Ray is for the team. They get completely dominated the 1st period and he says what a great period they had. MSG is unlistenable at this point because they refuse to criticize the team.

Reactions: sabremike

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I was going to get tickets to the Caps game before Thanksgiving. Think I'll save my money
Same.

I’m also starting to think about canceling my direct tv stream subscription. The only reason I have it is to watch the Sabres. And they are approaching zero in entrainment value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad