GDT: BUF @ PITT, 7:30 p.m. TV: MSG, ESPN +

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I dont think Johnsons looked as bad as the numbers but can we try Clifton with literally anyone else?
1699714301347.png

Reactions: Krieger Bot

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think Ryan Johnson and Clifton could make for a decent pairing?

Erik Johnson wouldn’t have a home so I don’t know what to do about that
I guess its a gamble because you don't want to handicap a top pair, but in his limited time with Dahlin and Power the numbers arent bad

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I think Ryan Johnson and Clifton could make for a decent pairing?

Erik Johnson wouldn’t have a home so I don’t know what to do about that
When Samuelsson comes back, I would sit Clifton.

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Jokiharju
RJ - EJ

Not sure how that sits with anyone to bench a new UFA signing but it's the best six they can ice. Odds are RJ goes back to Rochester though. Next year, if RJ keeps improving, I'd pair him with Dahlin and put Samuelsson with Clifton (assuming EJ retires). Clifton needs a safety net more than Dahlin.

Anyone see my Crosby voodoo doll? I've been looking for a half hour and still can't find it.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
you
At some point E. Johnson and Okposo will need to sit but Okposo played damn near the whole 3rd period so that’s not happeningI
Johnson has been excellent as a third pairing D/PK duties, and Girgensons/Okposo has been more than adequate logging 4th line minutes. What they lack in speed they make up for in smart decision making. Maybe they will need to rest but they are an asset to this lineup.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Even though Pittsburgh has been underwhelming, I’ll be very impressed if we win tonight. Winning on the second night of a b2b 3 times already this year would be wild.

Not counting on it, but let’s at least get a point.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Hopefully if Savoie is dressed he gets more than 4 minutes.
Hopefully Tuch is a go and he doesn't dress. He needs a lot more than 4, 12, 15 minutes a game . I would cut bait now and send him back to the Dub. Let him play top line 22 minutes a night. His time will come.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
you

Johnson has been excellent as a third pairing D/PK duties, and Girgensons/Okposo has been more than adequate logging 4th line minutes. What they lack in speed they make up for in smart decision making. Maybe they will need to rest but they are an asset to this lineup.
They'd be a whole lot better with an actual NHL center

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Hopefully Tuch is a go and he doesn't dress. He needs a lot more than 4, 12, 15 minutes a game . I would cut bait now and send him back to the Dub. Let him play top line 22 minutes a night. His time will come.
Rousek will be going down before Savoie unless Donny is absolutely sure Rousek does significantly more to help the team right now. Which I don’t know how he could possibly know that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad