Confirmed Trade: [BUF/PIT] Conor Sheary and Matt Hunwick for a conditional 2019 4th

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Yeah he'll be a good fit for you guys. I think he'll be a 35+ point player for you, which isn't bad at all. He's not a bad player, just redundant.

He'll either play with Mittlestadt or Eichel, imo, so he better bring more than 35 points. It really is a win-win kind of deal. Helps Pittsburgh's cap and improves the Sabres dreadful situation on the wings.

Reactions: Freedom

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Maybe jack can get him back to that 40+ point mark with sporadic ES minutes. We don’t really have anything on the LW

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Sheary is fast and skilled, would be a great fit for Buffalo. Guess Botterill is willing to eat the Hunwick salary to get Sheary for a basically a pick. Sad to see Sheary go honestly - he's been a good player for the pens.

He seems like a player fans love. Good add for Buffalo.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I like this for the Sabres. Hunwick is serviceable and Sheary probably can bounce back to be a ~40-50 point player. Solid value for a mid round pick.

Pittsburgh will probably go after a Pacioretty or a Skinner now, or perhaps go after JVR?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Honestly, that's a pretty awful return for the Penguins. I would have rather kept Hunwick than sink Sheary's value by attaching him to the trade. Not sure I'm happy about this.

Probably shedding salary to pick up a bigger fish. I guess we’ll see soon enough

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
and have him on the cap for FOUR more years? Bury him this year buy him out next summer (he signed a 3 year deal, not 2 last year)

Gotcha, just looked 1.6 looks a lot better than 3.0. I guess he just sits in Buffalo like he sat in Pittsburgh.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Buffalo wins this deal IMO. As to the Pens unless they're going for a big name free agent I don't know why they'd get so little in return.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Buffalo was absolutely void of talent on LW.

Their top LW's before this trade were Scott Wilson (UFA) and Zemgus Girgensons.

So, to say LW was a position of need is an understatement... lol.

Not crazy about taking on Hunwick, but happy to have Sheary.

Seems like a win/win trade for both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad