Confirmed Trade: [BUF/PIT] Conor Sheary and Matt Hunwick for a conditional 2019 4th

member 157595

You also helped a top team get more cap room and a bad contract. You could have not done the deal.

By the time the Sabres are Cup contenders the Penguins will be rebuilding. What the f*** do the Sabres care if a deal that helps them also happens to help the Pens?

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Supposedly Jeremy White (a local sports radio guy) has a couple somewhat reliable sources. One of them told him that the Sabres have a deal in place with StL after the bonus is paid, ROR will be sent to them in return for an unknown return.
Jeremy White sucks and has no sources. Please stop.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Are you guessin' or... ?

Here's what happened. Pens board has talked this summer (and in the past) about maybe being able to swing something with Buffalo. The target would be Risto to fill an actual need, as a potential bargain deal because he'd be a reclamation, and possibly do-able trade because of connection to Botterill. Sheary would have to be a main piece from our side going the other way, because salary, roster spots, and also because Sheary was a Botterill guy from back in the day. Risto was the only guy we have discussed as being of interest to us, given RD need.

Thread OP (who is no longer Thread OP) posted a Rumour of Sheary to Buffalo, with no details. I was the first person on this whole board to see OPs post, and I commented first as if to say "Could this be what we had discussed (something around Sheary & Risto)?" Then immediately after I posted it, it occurred to me how people who aren't bright, and wouldn't understand the context of what I was saying would misunderstand it, and I edited for clarification, and with additional thoughts. By the time my edit was posted, only ONE other person here had read what I originally wrote... that's how quick I was to allow for Main Board idiocy. He ninja'd me, so he gets a pass for not understanding what I meant. That's fine.

Then a slew of morons continued to lol and quote me DESPITE my edit being right there in plain sight, where I clearly stated that I just couldn't see how this would work, or would make sense right now for either team (given our RFA re-signings, and their dearth of RD), and that it might just be a move for picks.

THEN, the thread got merged with another, later thread that had also posted the rumour... and then THAT OP was first to confirm the trade. So at that point, it didn't look like I was first to post, my thread's OP was no longer the thread OP, the title changed from Rumour (with no info) to a Confirmed Trade, and idiots continued to misread and quote me, despite me actually having pretty much nailed the trade.

And now, you pull up and start guessing at what went down, like you were there and on the bottom of the dogpile with me and my million notifications reminding me of how poor reading comprehension is on here. You basically jumped to the same conclusions as the average guy on here. Nice job, Sherlock.
Risto as a reclamation project with Sheary involved still makes ZERO sense. Just an FYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad