GDT: BUF @ OTT 6:45pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Can the road warriors return?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Know what the secret is?

Don't have any expectations. I want us to be good, but I don't expect it. I want us to win, but I don't expect it. Humans are involved......and humans very rarely live up to expectations that others put on them.
Seems that all 31 other teams have at least met the expectation of making the post season in the last decade. Maybe it's just us.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Seems that all 31 other teams have at least met the expectation of making the post season in the last decade. Maybe it's just us.
Screenshot_20231024_144816_Chrome.jpg

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Know what the secret is?

Don't have any expectations. I want us to be good, but I don't expect it. I want us to win, but I don't expect it. Humans are involved......and humans very rarely live up to expectations that others put on them.
1698174134715.png

Gonna win this game. Gonna make the playoffs.

I have only seen bits of the games, as apparently being a manager and getting paid more means I have to work for my salary, but I’ve actually liked a lot of what I’ve seen from the team. Cozens and Mitts have been great. Tage needs his Mojo but once he gets it, look out league. I optimistically have kept Olofsson in my fantasy team because at some point he’s gonna start scoring (even if they are just EN goals).

The simple fact is that I like watching hockey and if the Sabres lose, guess what, the world keeps turning. If we are lucky, they’ve even forgotten to put New Zealand on the map of the world turning. Useless little fact, lots of movies with maps in them are missing NZ. Not 100% sure why. Saving on map costs by cutting the side off? Once you realise, start looking for it. It happens heeeeeaps. We mostly like it. Maybe if there’s an apocalypse or a world war we’ll get missed because they won’t find us on the map.

Reactions: debaser66

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
The NHL's crack marketing team decided that a Tuesday in October (the same one as NBA opening night) would be a good time to run their Frozen Frenzy, in which all 32 teams play with staggered start times.

And of course, the Sabres were one of the two teams who drew the short straw and are on the second half of a back to back tonight.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Know what the secret is?

This is probably one of a couple of reasons why the 2019 Buffalo Bills season was my favorite. Zero expectations. The team made it to the WC game, and I had zero expectations for that game, too.

Since then, expectations have been sky high and disappointment has been higher. I'm learning to just enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Zman5778

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
And of course, the Sabres were one of the two teams who drew the short straw and are on the second half of a back to back tonight.
Listen, this is some next level Mad Men type stuff going on. They are joining forces with ESPN to create a Red Zone experience for a sport with such continuous action that such a concept just shouldn't work. I'm sure it will go flawlessly. That they only scheduled one game last night, requiring both of those teams to travel on a back to back with early start times...minor sacrifices for such a grand event!

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Know what the secret is?

Ah yes, the life of a Buffalo sports fan

1698184351118.png

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I'd scratch Tuch for this one if I were Granato. Give him rest if he's banged up, give him a couple days to un-f*** himself if he's not.

Reactions: Mattilaus

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
It's too early to be doom and gloom for me.

Started off with 2 losses, won half since. Dominated most of last game until frustration set in.

Thompson has 29 shots and 1 goal, he's not going to stay that way.
Tuch isn't going to suck forever. They have freaking one point each.

Don't know if this is the turnaround game but I'll give them a few more until I start dooming.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
It's too early to be doom and gloom for me.

Started off with 2 losses, won half since. Dominated most of last game until frustration set in.

Thompson has 29 shots and 1 goal, he's not going to stay that way.
Tuch isn't going to suck forever. They have freaking one point each.

Don't know if this is the turnaround game but I'll give them a few more until I start dooming.
I'm with you, but they suck against Ottawa even when they are playing well, and they ain't playing well.

Reactions: Chainshot

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I actually like the lineup tonight. Give the 4th line the limited ice time they should have thought. So sick of watching Okposo skate around with a piano on his back and turning it over.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I actually like the lineup tonight. Give the 4th line the limited ice time they should have thought. So sick of watching Okposo skate around with a piano on his back and turning it over.

Even DJ Smith should see that line as something to exploit. Gus at center is ehh, Vic on the wing is a net negative.

Now I expect them to score because I'm focusing on their issues... :biglaugh:

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Oh, Benson with Krebs and Peterka is enticing.

Also, lmao at that 4th line. Geez. I wish Adams would've aqcuired another bottom 6 center in the offseason. It was on my wishlist. Now, one injury hits, and we have to patchwork a 4th line together. That's with Benson surprisingly making the team. Yucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I say double shift Tuch with Girgensons/Okposo and sit Olofsson.

A few shifts with those two should wake up Tuch and force him to stop being stupid and just play hockey.

Reactions: paulmm3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad