Confirmed Trade: [BUF/NAS] Jimmy Vesey's Draft Rights for 2016 3rd (#76) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Can't wait for this punk to just sign a contract so I don't have to hear his stupid annoying name anymore.

Vesey vesey vesey
Makes me wanna puke at this point.

Most over hyped future third liner ever.

Screwed over preds and doesn't honor his draft spot and now screws over Sabres for a third round pick. He's a ******.

He didn't owe the sabres anything.

It was Murray's own stupid fault for burning a 3rd when everybody and their grandma's knew he was going to free agency.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Can't wait for this punk to just sign a contract so I don't have to hear his stupid annoying name anymore.

Vesey vesey vesey

Screwed over preds and doesn't honor his draft spot and now screws over Sabres for a third round pick. He's a ******.

"maplepred". I can see why you're upset.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?

Vesey vesey vesey

Six stars? That's a pretty good rating for a guy you seem to hate.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Wanna see a list of highly established NHL players that have previously won the Hobey Baker award?

Kevin Porter, Matt Carle, Jordan Leopold, Mike Mottau :)laugh:), Chris Drury

What a legendary list to be part of. He has a bright NHL future ahead of him.
Vesey isn't ****, and all this hype for him is ridiculous.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Vesey vesey vesey

The one and only thing he needs to honor is the CBA.
No different than the teams themselves.

This is no more than the other side of the same coin.

Regardless of where he ends up.

whlscowt

Wanna see a list of highly established NHL players that have previously won the Hobey Baker award?

The college landscape has changed dramatically over the last 7-8 years. It's now thought of as a solid development path for good players. It wasn't always that way though.

Keep in mind the last 2 winners were Eichel and Gaudreau. Not saying Vesey is on that level, and I don't think anyone is saying that for that matter, I'm just trying to defend college hockey and show that the talented kids from the NCAA are actually capable of becoming the talented kids of the NHL, and 10 years from now this list will be populated with very established and very talented Hobey Baker winners.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006

Not that I care one way or another, but it's sort of weird to just pick out a few random winners from 10-20 years ago. I mean, the last two winners before Vesey were Jack Eichel and Johnny Gaudreau. If Vesey was anywhere in the realm of those two players, whomever is getting him will be happy. Hell, a Chris Drury type career would be fine. :dunno:

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo

You forgot Brian Holzinger and Ryan Miller!

Jul 6, 2016
Talk about such a saga about a unsigned overage player that might end up on a third line or the AHL.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Talk about such a saga about a unsigned overage player that might end up on a third line or the AHL.

This "saga" is only a saga to those who are hardcore fans of the game and follow everything that happens up to and including the last time Bettman farted. The casual fans (the majority of people who watch hockey) don't even know his name.

I only care because my team is a possible landing spot. If it wasn't, then I wouldn't.

Vesey isn't the first guy in this position (Wheeler, Schultz, etc) and won't be the last.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines

Vesey vesey vesey

I know how you feel and so does Denis Lemieux:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Really hope he doesn't sign with the Bruins - dead end career move for the next couple seasons. Gi to a contender or go to a young up and coming team would be wisest for him.

Vesey vesey vesey

He didn't owe any of those teams anything. His college team oversaw his main development as a player - and both management groups understood the risks involved with him.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW

Can reporters please make their minds up?

who the hell is Jimmy Murphy? Seems like any clown can make up a twitter these days and post whatever they want and people will believe it. The age of social media..I guess ill bite!

BREAKING NEWS! Kyle Palmieri just started following Jimmy Vesey on Instagram!!!! He's coming to jersey!

Group Chat Legend*

Vesey down to Blackhawks and Devils, seems Devils are frontrunner

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Jimmy Murphy was the guy who said the bruins were gunna hit the jets with an offersheet on Trouba like 2 months ago, that guy has zero credibility for me..

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'm not trying to imply that Murphy is more of a credible source than Dater. They are both not credible. However if we are going to post sources that aren't credible, like Dater, I might as well post Murphy.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

248482.jpg

BpkCFjYIAAAPKqo.png:large

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
No reporter is credible when it comes to this matter. No one knows. No one has been allowed to talk to Vesey besides Nashville and Buffalo, the teams that have held his rights.

When Bob McKenzie, Dreger or Friedman say something about this I'll listen, but until a decision can be made this is all speculation.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I'm not trying to imply that Murphy is more of a credible source than Dater. They are both not credible. However if we are going to post sources that aren't credible, like Dater, I might as well post Murphy.

To be fair, every single source at this point is not credible. Vesey isn't allowed to talk to anyone other than Buffalo, so any 'front-runner' is just based on preconceived notions. It'll change when he actually talks to teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad