Confirmed Trade: [BUF/NAS] Jimmy Vesey's Draft Rights for 2016 3rd (#76) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Continue.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886548

Nashville, Tenn. (June 20, 2016) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced Monday that the club has acquired Minnesota’s third-round selection, 76th overall, in the 2016 NHL Draft, from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for forward Jimmy Vesey.

The Predators now have eight selections in this weekend’s draft, held at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo.

Zac Rinaldo*

he is going to score 40 goals on Eichel's wing, when Jackie boy comes home to beantown baby

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Was there ever anything solid on who was on his "short list"?

Best guess:

Toronto
Boston
Buffalo
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Philly/NJ/darkhorse

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Was there ever anything solid on who was on his "short list"?

Best guess:

Toronto
Boston
Buffalo
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Philly/NJ/darkhorse

In no particular order I'd bet

TOR/BOS/BUF/CHI/NYR with my personal opinion being that he signs in Boston.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd imagine kane's status rests on vesey signing right?

That's a bit of a leap. With or without Vesey Kane's status rests more on Kane. It is what it is. Sabres signing Vesey doesn't bring a bunch of GM's with offers in hand for Kane.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
My guess at the odds are:

Boston 95%
Buffalo 1%
Chicago 1%
Toronto 1%
Pittsburgh 1%
Others 1%

Although reports are that Q was dispatched to be seen at Vesey's Foxboro game recently with the not so subtle message that Q buys into Vesey playing with Toews and Hossa ala Saad from a couple years ago.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
My guess is
Buffalo 40%
Boston 40%
Chicago 20%

Boston has the hometown appeal, Chicago the city/pedigree. Buffalo has everything else: opportunity, best centers, team on the upswing, etc. If you're looking for the best situation for yourself, (IMO) it's very very hard to pass up playing with a raw talent like Eichel when you're not only friends but also know you have playing chemistry. No offense to CHI, but if he goes there and just doesn't gel well with Toews, then it's the 3rd line with Kruger.

as15

Sep 21, 2012
My guess is
Buffalo 40%
Boston 40%
Chicago 20%

Boston has the hometown appeal, Chicago the city/pedigree. Buffalo has everything else: opportunity, best centers, team on the upswing, etc. If you're looking for the best situation for yourself, (IMO) it's very very hard to pass up playing with a raw talent like Eichel when you're not only friends but also know you have playing chemistry. No offense to CHI, but if he goes there and just doesn't gel well with Toews, then it's the 3rd line with Kruger.

If he doesn't gel with Toews, he is tried with Kane, then Schmaltz, then Hossa, etc. Not gelling with Toews is nowhere near his thought process right now. He might not gel with Eichel either.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
If he doesn't gel with Toews, he is tried with Kane, then Schmaltz, then Hossa, etc. Not gelling with Toews is nowhere near his thought process right now. He might not gel with Eichel either.

- Would Q really break up Kane and Panarin long term?
- Will Schmaltz be successful in his rookie year?
- Is a 37/38 year old Hossa, who's coming off a leg injury and his worst season since a rookie, that appealing anymore?

Him and Eichel play in the same summer league, there's a handful of videos on YouTube of them on the same line. They play pretty well together. If that ends up not panning out there's still O'Reilly and Reinhart

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
My guess is
Buffalo 40%
Boston 40%
Chicago 20%

Boston has pretty much the same opportunity (top six winger), arguably the same level of centers (currently). For next year I'd easily take Bergy over Eichel and Krejci/Reilly is debateable. The Bruins also have plenty of young players in the pipeline as well. I guess my point is if Boston is his first choice, none of what you're referencing will prevent him from going there.

I think Buffalo has the third best chance, based on nothing but my gut (which is based on nothing).

Last edited:

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I think if you were to ask any Nashville fan who's been following this since the beginning, they'd say Boston was far and away the most likely destination. There's just too many signs

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
He has the ability to be a legit top 6 winger...on an ELC .. whoever gets him should be ecstatic

He will definitely be on an ELC.

I've seen him play a few times and I never came away impressed. I kept thinking, "I don't get it, what's the hype on this guy?" It's good that he's essentially no risk since he can just be buried in the minors if he busts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->