Confirmed with Link: [BUF/MTL] Brian Flynn for 2016 5th

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Good for Brian. I think Montreal might actually be my playoff team this year. They have a good shot and price is finally fulfilling his promise.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
What a 5th round pick might look like:

VZT2010.jpg

Happens all the time...

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Not worried, but curious. Flynn is pretty versatile so he seemed like a pretty good option. Larsson could replace him talent-wise, not so sure if he's willing (based on speculation into recent comments).

I'm not worried since Murray is likely to make a ton of moves between now, the draft and the summer.

Bps21*

Happens often enough to reject the idea that 5th rounders are worthless.

Often they don't amount to anything. Sometimes they're NHLers. Occasionally they are all-stars. Collect enough 5th rounders and you're bound to get a diamond in the rough here and there.

Why...you could even trade one for Brian Flynn!!!

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Why...you could even trade one for Brian Flynn!!!

Or you could acquire a similar high-effort, low-skill as an undrafted free agent and not give up anything. You know, kind of like how they got Flynn in the first place.

The idea that a 5th is not high enough return for Flynn, or that he's somehow irreplaceable, are really head scratchers.

Bottom 6 guys like Flynn are a dime a dozen. They can be found easily and acquired cheaply at any time.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I liked Flynn, but with the direction we're heading I don't think he had a spot on this roster.

I feel like he's kind of a Dominic Moore type of guy.

Bps21*

If someone told me Flynn was cut for nothing today I would have chuckled at doing it to spite Nolan and then finished my Cheerios

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Or you could acquire a similar high-effort, low-skill as an undrafted free agent and not give up anything. You know, kind of like how they got Flynn in the first place.

The idea that a 5th is not high enough return for Flynn, or that he's somehow irreplaceable, are really head scratchers.

Bottom 6 guys like Flynn are a dime a dozen. They can be found easily and acquired cheaply at any time.

Wait...did somebody actually say this?!?

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
So with Girgensons injured and Mitchell being shopped, Buffalo's "No. 1 center" is Matt Ellis.

Good for Flynn. Won't really miss him.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Obvious tank move. Too bad, Flynn could have a piece on the 4th line going forward, but I can't begrudge any tank move.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Daddy like. Flynn's a likable player who's been a pleasant surprise, but many were penciling him out of the line-up as soon as next season. Wish him the best in Montreal.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I think we know who the guy Murray was referring to now when he said "I had a call like that today that I never thought I would get on a guy".

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Happens often enough to reject the idea that 5th rounders are worthless.

Often they don't amount to anything. Sometimes they're NHLers. Occasionally they are all-stars. Collect enough 5th rounders and you're bound to get a diamond in the rough here and there.

I expect Murray to deal a 5th rounder today. They're useful to even out trades when the other team doesn't want to pick up another contract. The big debate next season when teams get down to the roster limit is likely to be should the Sabres put in a waiver claim for Brian Flynn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad