Proposal: Buf - Min

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well, if he's working in the ticket office to help sell tickets, he's certainly going to be busy.

Honestly Suter is heavily involved in all aspects of our organization. Sometimes when he's not on the ice or during an intermission you might catch him working at one of the concession stands on the suite level.

Reactions: Chainshot

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Honestly Suter is heavily involved in all aspects of our organization. Sometimes when he's not on the ice or during an intermission you might catch him working at one of the concession stands on the suite level.
Slingin dogs while the peewees get their time is he? Sure that's not previously recorded?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
What are the cost of:

Mittlestadt -
Reinhart -

?

Also, what's up with Nylander? Was he injured this year?
Nylander is busy being a bust. Mittelstadt is almost guaranteed to not be availabke and Reinhart probably has a hugher price tag than anyone in their right mind would pay for him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sadly for BUFF, Fletcher is no longer around for the Sabres to fleece in trades.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Pretty high, but we'd all be interested in hearing what's available for them. They are certainly not untouchable or close to it.

And he just sucks.
Honestly I’d offer something nice for Mittlestadt. The two closest to untouchable Wild players are Granlund and Dumba. Have at anyone or anything else.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Honestly I’d offer something nice for Mittlestadt. The two closest to untouchable Wild players are Granlund and Dumba. Have at anyone or anything else.
I'd trade either of those two for him straight up, I think. Risky, as he is not a sure thing, but if he pans out he could be that elusive elite #1C for the Wild in the future. I think he's got a higher
Ceiling than Granlund.

Having said that, neither player is a need for BUF, really. They would be better off with a Brodin/Spurgeon +Nino/Coyle. Would be kind of cool seeing Scandella/Spurgeon together again.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd trade either of those two for him straight up, I think. Risky, as he is not a sure thing, but if he pans out he could be that elusive elite #1C for the Wild in the future. I think he's got a higher
Ceiling than Granlund.

Having said that, neither player is a need for BUF, really. They would be better off with a Brodin/Spurgeon +Nino/Coyle. Would be kind of cool seeing Scandella/Spurgeon together again.
Wouldn’t do Dumba unless there are cap hit concerns. Spurgeon could be interesting but there’s a big gap in age. I guess if you include Nino or Coyle that offsets it a bit. What do Buffalo fans think about a deal around Spurgeon+Coyle for Mittlestadt?

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Wouldn’t do Dumba unless there are cap hit concerns. Spurgeon could be interesting but there’s a big gap in age. I guess if you include Nino or Coyle that offsets it a bit. What do Buffalo fans think about a deal around Spurgeon+Coyle for Mittlestadt?

As someone who REALLY doesn't want to trade Mittelstadt because of his crazy upside...this would make it tough.

Adding a top pairing D and a solid, young and versatile top-9 forward for a "maybe" (although I think it's very likely Mitts will AT LEAST be a top-6 guy) is intriguing. A lot would depend on the lottery for me though.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
First and foremost, the purpose of a Sabres - Wild trade is for us to fleece you guys but then for you to remain the way better team. That's how it's been for centuries, that's how our ancestors did it, that's how it's supposed to be. And this trade accomplishes neither of those things.

Wild become a worse team, Sabres become better immediately but lose a blue-chip offensive prospect whose ceiling is sky-high.

Personally I don't do it, adding a good top 4 dman should come cheaper than the downgrade from what Mittelstadt is likely going to be to Coyle.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012

If Buffalo was to do that, I'd be more interested in Brodin.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I think I’d even prefer that, though part of me feels like reuniting Spurgeon and Scandella would be great for Buffalo

Call me silly but I just don't trust Spurgeon without being tied to Suter. I know he'll get points, but I just don't know about a 29 year old that's 5'9 a buck sixty. Plus, Brodin's younger, cheaper, and has a longer contract. I really wouldn't be thrilled to trade Middlestadt though. Middlestadt has such a high ceiling, I'm sure Buffalo would be asking for Dumba though. And I don't know if Minnesota would do that.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Call me silly but I just don't trust Spurgeon without being tied to Suter. I know he'll get points, but I just don't know about a 29 year old that's 5'9 a buck sixty. Plus, Brodin's younger, cheaper, and has a longer contract. I really wouldn't be thrilled to trade Middlestadt though. Middlestadt has such a high ceiling, I'm sure Buffalo would be asking for Dumba though. And I don't know if Minnesota would do that.

Spurgeon was very good over multiple years while (whilst?) playing with you current #1 LD, albeit in a 2nd pairing role.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Spurgeon and Scandella played together from the AHL up to the 2nd pairing in the NHL over a period of several years. Spurgeon and Scandella have always played great together.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Spurgeon was very good over multiple years while (whilst?) playing with you current #1 LD, albeit in a 2nd pairing role.

I know, but Buffalo doesn't have a Suter and it worries me. He'll still be on a scrappy team with probably a meh partner. And his age isn't a perfect fit. Other people may have other opinions, I just wouldn't do it.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Spurgeon and Scandella played together from the AHL up to the 2nd pairing in the NHL over a period of several years. Spurgeon and Scandella have always played great together.

But on Buffalo he'd be with Scandella but who'd be with Ristolainen on the top pair? I don't think Scandella and Spurgeon would make a good top pairing at all. Scandella just isn't that guy. I mean he did with Risto, and they were just ok. Scandella would be better on a second pair, and Risto needs a guy like Suter or Valasic to play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad