Confirmed with Link: [BUF/MIN] Buffalo acquires Jordan Greenway for a 2023 2nd (from VGK) and 2024 5th

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Barlett's comments about Greenway's participation in various camps and his approach to helping younger players is a plus. Also that he and Tuch went to a Vanek-lead camp is kind of interesting.

Last edited:

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I can see why Minnesota fans were stocked to get out of that contract. The guy isnt good. He looks so unsteady on his feet. I see very little value he adds on ice. Just kind of skates around and hopes he doesn't fall down.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I was never into acquiring Greenway. Apparently he might need some time to get over an injury/surgery from last summer, and get acclimated to playing under Granato. But for a guy who was traded for after a HC pounded the table in support of him, he better show more next season or it's another dead-weight contract on the books.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I can see why Minnesota fans were stocked to get out of that contract. The guy isnt good. He looks so unsteady on his feet. I see very little value he adds on ice. Just kind of skates around and hopes he doesn't fall down.

He's someone who is clearly lacking confidence right now and is trying to learn a new system in a high pressure situation. If he looks like this in November, then maybe it's time for that conversation.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
I was never into acquiring Greenway. Apparently he might need some time to get over an injury/surgery from last summer, and get acclimated to playing under Granato. But for a guy who was traded for after a HC pounded the table in support of him, he better show more next season or it's another dead-weight contract on the books.
It's like middle school picking your friends for a game of kickball instead of the best players. Speaks to the mgmt.

DG - I want this guy because I know him

Hockey guy - But he is slow and not good at hockey

KA - But DG knows him, so it's all good. Lets get him

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
He's Big, slow, doesnt hit anyone and has zero offensive skill.......and, oh year - now he's a defensive liability. I'd much rather see Vinny or Vic in his place.
If you look at the Wild forum you see their fans are more than happy to get rid of him. Seems like he's going to be our problem to get rid of now.

Reactions: EichHart

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yeah. I'm not a big fan of him yet, either. He's really slow, and I don't think he's had any injuries that would impact his speed. The shoulder injury may be impacting other parts of his game, though.

That being said, it's still early, so while I won't crown Stillman a good bottom pairing defenseman yet, I'm not going to call Greenway a bust.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
He's Big, slow, doesnt hit anyone and has zero offensive skill.......and, oh year - now he's a defensive liability. I'd much rather see Vinny or Vic in his place.
If you look at the Wild forum you see their fans are more than happy to get rid of him. Seems like he's going to be our problem to get rid of now.
Did you not see he directly made the d zone play that lead to our first goal? He also was injured this year and has not been able to train leading to less speed/fitness- give him some time to fit in. I think this was a long play and not for just the next 10 games so everyone needs to just chill.

Just like the trade Savoie crew- see what some time and patience to allow for him overcoming his injury has lead to…would anyone trade him now he’s back up to speed??

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It's like middle school picking your friends for a game of kickball instead of the best players. Speaks to the mgmt.

DG - I want this guy because I know him

Hockey guy - But he is slow and not good at hockey

KA - But DG knows him, so it's all good. Lets get him
What you're saying is actually a GOOD thing.

I would much rather have a GM that listens to their coach. If Granato was animate that Greenway can fit his system and he squeeze every ounce of potential out of Greenway, then Adams should target that player if the price is right.

This move may fail, but communication between a GM and coach is incredibly important, and something that seemed to be lacking with past regimes.

Time will tell if Granato can coach these types of players up. Fingers crossed.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
What you're saying is actually a GOOD thing.

I would much rather have a GM that listens to their coach. If Granato was animate that Greenway can fit his system and he squeeze every ounce of potential out of Greenway, then Adams should target that player if the price is right.

This move may fail, but communication between a GM and coach is incredibly important, and something that seemed to be lacking with past regimes.

Time will tell if Granato can coach these types of players up. Fingers crossed.
It’s just as important to know when to deny requests as to know when to grant them. Hopefully this one works out better than early indications

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I think Jordan has put a deposit down on a few acres of heaven to grow weed and finance a pizza joint to deliver. He is what everyone said he was...disinterested.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Obviously I'm not giving up on him yet after a handful of games. I'd like to see what he can do next season. So far he has been what Minnesota fans have said. Big man that plays small.

MilkshakeMan

Apr 22, 2022
He's in Wild shape and not Sabres shape.

He is getting more ice time than he did over the last 10-20 games in Minnesota and the pace is different.

He legit looked like he did not want to move the puck up the ice, for fear of having to skate 200 feet, only to have to skate all the way back to his own zone. That blind back pass to no one that kept the puck in the Sabres' zone for an extra 30 seconds, when he could have easily carried it out was egregious.

It was as if he said "No need to expend all that energy, I'll just keep the puck in our own zone."

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He legit looked like he did not want to move the puck up the ice, for fear of having to skate 200 feet, only to have to skate all the way back to his own zone. That blind back pass to no one that kept the puck in the Sabres' zone for an extra 30 seconds, when he could have easily carried it out was egregious.

It was as if he said "No need to expend all that energy, I'll just keep the puck in our own zone."
The other thing is that the way the Wild play and the way the Sabres play is really different. He is still trying to learn his linemates and how to break the puck out of the zone.

That stuff is not simple to learn, especially with no real practice time given the packed schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad