GDT: BUF @ FLA 7pm TV:ESPN+/Hulu Radio:WGR - Down in FLA

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
So just to recap:

Benson was tackled and somehow called for holding

Clifton gets a high stick penalty for a guy hitting himself

Greenway gets an extra for Cousins taking a dive how what he did ended up in 2 minors even with the dive is confounding

Benson chips the puck deep then is interfered. He falls and trips s guy.

Donny tells the refs they’ve been bad.

12 minutes of penalty that were egregiously bad calls. The last 2 resulted in a 5-3 and the gwg.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I still have no idea how it was possible for a team to start a season so completely unprepared and out of shape. Absolutely no excuse for that and it should cost some people their jobs come April (but won't because our organization lacks standards).
This is it right here. Completely unprepared when the puck dropped.

They were too busy having a good vibes fest

He also said he's not hurt so
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

EJ took himself out of the game holding himself responsible NOT Granato.

Did you miss that part? smh.

EJ said he was not feeling himself so mentally he is hurt.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Not mad at the team. they competed with one of the best teams in the, had to deal with brutal officiating and only lost be one...

One thing I do believe this lineup lacks is a legit shit disturbed... and no Kerbs and Skinner aren't that. They need a bigger, physical guy who can actually put the opposition on their asses and get under a their skin. You know, the thing the team (Okie, Cozens and Dahlin) has been calling out KA to get for the last 2 years.

Reactions: Chainshot

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
The stupidity at the end of the game was awful but I have zero problem with what Donny said here.
The issue is its Donny's job to teach the players to stand up for each other.

When a player gets hit from behind a coach can say to his team its not ok.

When our goalie gets run, the defense needs to stick up for the team. The coach is the one that instills that mentality into his players.

When Donny says the players need to stick up for each other he is right but they are not doing it. Thats on him as a coach and he isn't instilling that into the players instead he is blaming the players.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Not mad at the team. they competed with one of the best teams in the, had to deal with brutal officiating and only lost be one...

One thing I do believe this lineup lacks is a legit shit disturbed... and no Kerbs and Skinner aren't that. They need a bigger, physical guy who can actually put the opposition on their asses and get under a their skin. You know, the thing the team (Okie, Cozens and Dahlin) has been calling out KA to get for the last 2 years.
Personally I don't think they need that. They just need a coach that instills that into the players.
The players don't stick up for each other even Cozens said it after a game.

How can anyone put that anywhere but on the coach? Sure each individual player is responsible for their actions but when Benson gets jumped by 3 winnipeg players where is our team? Watching.

Why does the coach allow that. Why doesn't the coach tell the players to go out there and play as a team and stand up for each other as a team.

I just dont get it and it happens every night.

Last edited:

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Because they’re trying to trade him? Why would they lie about an injury. He said he’s not feeling right, there’s no shame if he’s not feeling confident and Donnie sees that.
So they are trying to trade him and instead of just saying nothing Granato says EJ mentally wasn't feeling well and couldn't continue to play and you think thats better then just saying nothing?

And when teams hear that you think its better then just saying he tweaked something or saying he was feeling ill or making something up? like saying upper body injury out for just the night. Ok.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Because they’re trying to trade him? Why would they lie about an injury. He said he’s not feeling right, there’s no shame if he’s not feeling confident and Donnie sees that.

Could be that, could be sick. Could be EJ is bothered that he has not played well and hasn't helped them get to where he thought they could go and might not want to go to another team for the playoffs.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Personally I don't think they need that. They just need a coach that instills that into the players.
The players don't stick up for each other even Cozens said it after a game.

How can anyone put that anywhere but on the coach? Sure each individual player is responsible for their actions but when Benson gets jumped by 3 winnipeg players where is our team? Watching.

Why does the coach allow that. Why doesn't the coach tell the players to go out there and play as a team and stand up for each other as a team.

I just dont get it and it happens every night.
Agree with you on that also. Donny needs to push the boys more but I think both things can be true. Our whole 4th line mostly won't be here next year. Adams needs to upgrade that with players who are a pain in the ass the play against

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Just don't say anything... or he got dinged up but will be fine. Doesn't need to get out that he isn't feeling confident especially when he wasn't playing "bad" .. goal was a dedlection that happens to every single player.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Could be that, could be sick. Could be EJ is bothered that he has not played well and hasn't helped them get to where he thought they could go and might not want to go to another team for the playoffs.
GA2 went off his stick so he may have felt personally responsible.

Reactions: brian_griffin

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Agree with you on that also. Donny needs to push the boys more but I think both things can be true. Our whole 4th line mostly won't be here next year. Adams needs to upgrade that with players who are a pain in the ass the play against
I always think it would be great to bring in someone that will add some toughness but then I wonder if Granato will just coach it out of them. When Clifton first got here he used to hit and push guys around after the whistle. Thats completely gone now.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
GA2 went off his stick so he may have felt personally responsible.
You don't think EJ has been responsible for 100 goals against in his career? I mean every defenseman in the NHL even the best of all time have been responsible for more than a few goals it comes with the territory.

They don't bench themselves over it. Its a strange situation and one Granato probably shouldn't be throwing out there its probably better to keep it internally.

Yeah. I think calling out Donnie for what he said is nitpicking
I think calling out a fan on a message board for posting his frustrations is petty and nitpicking.

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
Maybe Ruff gets fired soon.

Kevyn Adams has a lot of respect for Ruff and there is a very big connection there.

Dare to dream.
I'm all good with a Lindy Ruff return to
This team has enough talent to make the playoffs.

They just need a real coach.
💯.. Probably gonna be a frustrating finish with us missing the playoffs again while probably playing above .500 the rest of the way but the core is only a couple players away. Especially if this is the UPL we're getting long term. It's been a minute since we've had a goalie that could steal a game

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I always think it would be great to bring in someone that will add some toughness but then I wonder if Granato will just coach it out of them. When Clifton first got here he used to hit and push guys around after the whistle. Thats completely gone now.
On the other hand, he was terrible at the beginning of the season, and he actually looks pretty good recently. Not sure why we can't have both things though.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't know if I'm shitty at being a fan or a shitty person that happens to be a fan of a team that has missed the playoffs for a hundred years so am frustrated. Probably the latter. I'll go ahead and claim victimhood and then victim blame myself. That should cover all the bases,

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Who gives a a f*** who told Johnson to take a seat three minutes and two goals against into his night?

The problem was putting him out there in the first place.

Trying to take a victory lap for Granato MAYBE holding someone accountable for the first time in three years? At the expense of the team when you already tax Dahlin more than any player in the league? I’ll head down to the trophy store and get Donnie a real nice one for this!

Why is he dressing Johnson when he has been a disaster for a while? And now he tells us that he’s so mentally frazzled or in his head about it he has to sit after you decided to play him?

Fire this clown show.

He‘s gone from lost to embarassing.

The number of things that happen here that would not happen to a better coach are ridiculous. From pulling the goalie, to the unqualified assistants, to the power play, to lineup moves, to starting slow, to…YES…NOT HOLDING ANYONE ACCOUNTABLE.

When will this organization take anything seriously?

Reactions: Pondslider

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I don't mind Donny losing his shit, for a change, but not to create the 5-on-3 PP that practically ensured the loss. And that clown show in the last 3 minutes ... oof.

UPL was outstanding again. He just keeps nudging his SV% higher every game. He really deserved better tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad