Confirmed with Link: BUF/DAL - Jhonas Enroth for Anders Lindback, Conditional 2016 3rd

chadthestampede

The Humanoid Typhoon
Jan 20, 2011
Enroth should have been re-signed. He will end up being the best goalie we had for the next 5 years. Murray thinks it so easy just to find any goalie. Enroth has been very good for this team and Sabres should have committed to him for 3 more years. A frickin 3rd and the worst goalie in the league is nothing compared to having a quality starter for the next 3 years or so.

And don't say Enroth can still sign here. Who would want to play for that idiot Murray. Enroth played well enough to win many games and he would be stuck in the same losing nonsense Murray is extending here.

Just...wow.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
And the Leafs wanted Gorges--don't let the facts warp your opinions....

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Backup for backup..... on paper Enroth is better but who can really say Enroth was our future... I could care less about Lindback, Enroth is gone....

Murray is quickly becoming my favorite, the dude is ballsy, now get a starting goalie for next season.... The tank ends next season IF Murray can find a starting goalie..

ZeroPT*

Really thats all you got? Would rather you just not respond.

So what is your bright idea to do at goaltender? Just to let you know, Enroth was the best goaltender that was property of the Sabres by a long shot.

Goalies are a crapshoot. Bishop was traded for scraps. Bernier is a legit starter and they flipped secondary assets for him.

We'll either sign a UFA like Niemi or trade for a back up stuck behind a star goalie like Jones or Talbot. Why are people throwing such a massive fit about a freaking back-up???

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

So what is your bright idea to do at goaltender? Just to let you know, Enroth was the best goaltender that was property of the Sabres by a long shot.

Enroth is a quality backup.... but as the rebuild continues he is/was more of a problem after Miller was moved.... This is a smart move by Tim Murray, he's setting the Sabres up for the future which Enroth was never really taken seriously to be a part of....

chadthestampede

The Humanoid Typhoon
Jan 20, 2011

Words fail me when you're freaking out trading a backup goalie. Enroth could potentially re-sign in the off season, or if Murray doesn't have him in future plans we could sign some other stopgap goalie. Who cares.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We'll either sign a UFA like Niemi or trade for a back up stuck behind a star goalie like Jones or Talbot. Why are people throwing such a massive fit about a freaking back-up???

This is what I think. I could even see Jhonas coming back as a backup if all of the starters or A/B jobs fill up.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Goaltender is becoming like RB in football.

You can find a quality one just about anywhere.

We could sign Niemi. Re-sign Enroth. Talbot's a UFA. Could sign him.

Go trade for Jones. Or Subban. Or any of the "blocked" young good goalies.

PLENTY of options out there. Plenty.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I really don't see the point of acquiring Lindback. This might make more sense if Enroth re-signs in the summer, but for now the team got worse both now and for the future. Is a 3rd rd pick supposed to make any impact anywhere?

This would've made sense if Murray added to Enroth for a potential starter that didn't fit a numbers crunch on another team. I don't want to hear the twisted "for the tank" logic either, because that was going to take care of itself anyway.

I just hope Murray plans on finding a starter before October.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey

You're freaking out about the 'best' goalie on the worst team in the NHL. We have a stable of goalies and defense that will only improve over time. Jhonas was a UFA, and will likely be one July 1st. Along with other goalies. Trading him now gets us at least a 3rd pick, and the chance to play MN to evaluate him as a starter.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Gionta. McCormick. Moulson. Gorges waived a NTC. Meszaros. Benoit. Strachan.

Luring players will not be any sort of problem.

If Enroth wants to come back, he'll be welcomed with open arms next year.

If Enroth was that good he would have benched an old Ryan Miller..... Enroth is a quality backup but not more.....

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
I really don't see the point of acquiring Lindback. This might make more sense if Enroth re-signs in the summer, but for now the team got worse both now and for the future. Is a 3rd rd pick supposed to make any impact anywhere?

This would've made sense if Murray added to Enroth for a potential starter that didn't fit a numbers crunch on another team. I don't want to hear the twisted "for the tank" logic either, because that was going to take care of itself anyway.

I just hope Murray plans on finding a starter before October.

So, that the team could win a bunch of games and end up picking Stome?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
He specifically said he wants to give Neivurth more games the rest of the year to see what his future is. Points to keeping him.

Just based on his play I'd keep him, but the span of his injury issues make it a tough sell for me.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
That's a reach. Either way we have all been in agreement about the "quality over quantity" issue. It's time to get better, not collect AHL fodder and late picks.

Maybe. But, if you're picking 3rd/4th maybe Strome is your choice (sub Marner if you prefer). If you upgrade on Enroth you're playing with fire and likely to be burned. There's plenty of time to improve. If you want quality just wait for 27 more games.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
That's a reach. Either way we have all been in agreement about the "quality over quantity" issue. It's time to get better, not collect AHL fodder and late picks.

That time will come this offseason. Don't act like losing Enroth is a huge deal. He can easily be replaced in the offseason or even re-signed. Lindback will not be permanant.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
With all the room for the debate there is on the Kane trade, it's weird how people find things to criticize here. It's clear Murray either doesn't see Enroth as a guy to invest in or didn't think he could sign him before the deadline. A third round pick is valuable. If that 2016 3rd round pick pans out (less likely than not panning out obv), it's a guy who will be joining the team in something like 2020. That's not valueless. We'll need to keep coming up with prospects over time.

Murray has said it many times: he will not let UFA's walk. If they aren't re-signed by the deadline and he can get anything for them, he will. And why not? Having a player for the next two months provides far less value to us than a third rounder. We still have Neuvirth to play most games for the rest of the season.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
That time will come this offseason. Don't act like losing Enroth is a huge deal. He can easily be replaced in the offseason or even re-signed. Lindback will not be permanant.

Good post.... Personally I would have kept Halak as a stop gap during the tank to a winning team next season....

The Sabres need a playoff winning goalie, I'd take Hasek back at this point.... :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad