Confirmed with Link: BUF/DAL - Jhonas Enroth for Anders Lindback, Conditional 2016 3rd

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Did the Dallas reporters really ask Lindy if he was going to use Enroth as a 1B? Do these people not know Lindy at all? :laugh:

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Good. I don't want to make it a habit of resigning these mediocre ex-Sabres. I still can't believe people were advocating to bring back Torrey Mitchell in the offseason.

Eh, depends on the player. Mitchell is a perfectly reasonable bottom six player on a real team and I wouldn't have any problem with him on the team next season. But I generally agree with your sentiment. Moulson and McCormick aren't exactly justifying the idea of keeping the roster intact, but they were signed a different reason of course.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Some of Jhonas' comments in this article pretty much seal it for me that he won't be coming back in the offseason...going to a team that "actually wanted me" and things like that.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...learned-he-was-traded-to-the-dallas-stars.ece

Yeah, Jhonas seems bitter.

I think maybe he should talk to Brad May, who told a nice story of his first trade on Marek vs Wychynski podcast.

May felt like he got dumped by a girl when the Sabres traded him. Then Vancouver was the new hot girl that wanted him. And he hated the Sabres brass that traded him as if they were his EX. He said he eventually got over it and it was just wasted energy being bitter.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Jhonas doesn't sound that bitter to me.
-----
Murray was non committal when asked if he thought Enroth could be a number one goalie in the NHL. Doesn't sound like he wants him back if he is able to do better for next season.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Jhonas doesn't sound that bitter to me.
-----
Murray was non committal when asked if he thought Enroth could be a number one goalie in the NHL. Doesn't sound like he wants him back if he is able to do better for next season.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that quote is bitter or not. It could be, depending on tone, but they aren't inherently bitter words. Either way, I'd expect him to be happy to "be wanted" as he got his chance here and did about as well as anyone could have hoped, yet the team didn't seem to show any interest in extending him.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Yeah, I'm not sure if that quote is bitter or not. It could be, depending on tone, but they aren't inherently bitter words. Either way, I'd expect him to be happy to "be wanted" as he got his chance here and did about as well as anyone could have hoped, yet the team didn't seem to show any interest in extending him.
They are probably better off, draft-wise, not having him for the rest of the season. They can see how Neuvirth and even Lindback (not playing on a Lindy backup schedule) do, and the door remains open to bring Enroth back this summer, if he is the best option. His comments sound like the comments of every player ever traded to me.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I still would have liked to sign Jhonas to an extension instead of letting him go to UFA. I don't see a ton of great goalie options available this summer, and I feel like we could have signed him cheap for very short term (2 years, maybe) through an extension. That might not be possible if he goes to UFA. But it has always been obvious that Murray already had a pretty low opinion of Enroth from day 1.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't think Enroth sounds too salty about it in those comments. It sounds like most player interviews after they're traded, actually. "I was surprised and then I was sad for a second and then I was totally excited about this new opportunity!" :dunno:

I always thought it was pretty clear that Murray didn't have much faith in Enroth's ability to be a starter, especially with his general lust for big goalies. And he definitely acquired Neuvirth hoping he could be a starter, and now with Enroth out of the way we'll get to see if he can. Or, Neuvirth can get another injury and we can ride Lindback to a sure 30th place finish.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Enroth had parting comments for Ruff when Buffalo fired him as well. I don't think he's bitter I just think he says what he feels.

Feel bad for him watching him play tonight because Dallas is basically just as bad as Buffalo outside of their 1st line. The D zone breakdowns and and total complacency of their forwards defensively is pretty spectacular. Nichushkin may be their best top 6 forward defensively and he's 19 and injured. Even when healthy Dallas is a really poorly built team.

Bps21*

After all the **** people threw at Buffalo for trading the great Jhonas Enroth...he repaid the ire by allowing 4 goals in his Stars debut.

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
Enroth was just pumping Dallas. Stating he was happy someone would trade for him is deadline cliche 101.
Guy wasn't bitter at all in that interview.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Enroth might be bitter now, but if we're the only team offering him starting minutes in July, hell feel wanted again.

The only thing that worries me is that is very very much like the sabres to sign a goalie of at least enroths caliber this offseason, and he may be the only one aside from niemi. Don't know who's available for trade, but I don't like the idea of overpaying for filler.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
1688468_10155198042070324_1781502193848383858_n.jpg

:thumbd:

The silver is hideous. It's like they are made to go with the turdburger third jerseys. Replace the silver with blue and they are sweet.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Aaron Williams - ‏@ajwilliams23 -
(DB for the Buffalo Bills #23 and a former Texas Longhorn #4 and a country boy who gives God all the Glory - Austin, Texas · teamaaronwilliams.com)

So school got cancelled in Austin? Uhhh do yall not see how awesome it is outside? I mean Ya it's cold but it's clear sky's lol OH Texas!

Jhonas Enroth - ‏@JEnroth125 -

@ajwilliams23 - I got traded to Dallas 2 weeks ago and these "snow days" they have down here are pretty funny.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
1688468_10155198042070324_1781502193848383858_n.jpg

:thumbd:

The silver is hideous. It's like they are made to go with the turdburger third jerseys. Replace the silver with blue and they are sweet.

Looks fine to me. Having a piece of equipment emphasize q secondary team color seems like a very tasteful choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad