Confirmed with Link: BUF/DAL - Jhonas Enroth for Anders Lindback, Conditional 2016 3rd

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Did anyone else notice what GMTM alluded to during the Kane/Myers press conference? Near the end of it, he seemed to imply that he had to go back to his office, because there may be another one waiting, or something to that effect? Like he was trolling the media, because he had to know already Enroth was gone.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Did it strike anyone else as odd timing for Enroth to get a new mask about a week ago? I liked it, and wondered if it meant anything about him staying here, but apparently not.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Did anyone else notice what GMTM alluded to during the Kane/Myers press conference? Near the end of it, he seemed to imply that he had to go back to his office, because there may be another one waiting, or something to that effect? Like he was trolling the media, because he had to know already Enroth was gone.

Someone asked if we could expect another trade today. He basically said he didn't expect anything, but that could change if he gets a call.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
That time will come this offseason. Don't act like losing Enroth is a huge deal. He can easily be replaced in the offseason or even re-signed. Lindback will not be permanant.

I'm not worried about losing Enroth, I'm worried about getting a going-nowhere scrub and a crappy 3rd instead of adding to Enroth for a top goalie prospect that wouldn't be stepping right in to hurt the tank against ottsabrefan's wishes :)laugh:).

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
Murray has said it many times: he will not let UFA's walk. If they aren't re-signed by the deadline and he can get anything for them, he will. And why not? Having a player for the next two months provides far less value to us than a third rounder. We still have Neuvirth to play most games for the rest of the season.

Do you expect Neuvirth to be resigned by the deadline?

If not, it follows that we very well might not have him around to play most of the rest of the season.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Generally, whatever pick is considered the "base" is the conditional pick.

In this case, Buffalo is getting a 3rd that could upgrade. Since the base pick is the 3rd, it's a "Conditional 3rd rounder"

I remember when Boston traded for Jagr they called it a conditional first because if Boston made the Semifinals it would be a first rounder and if they didn't it was a 2nd rounder.

ZeroPT*

we have 3 2016 3rds now right?

NYI 2nd+ one or two of the 3rds for Jones

SiDC1

Dec 3, 2011
Northern Va
This was a blatant tank move. Murray was getting worried that Enroth was winning way too many games for the Sabres and needed to downgrade quickly. He may be hoping that Enroth continues his streakiness with Dallas and becomes a FA so he can resign him for next season. Since there is absolutely no one worth a **** anywhere in this organization that could play next season.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This was a blatant tank move. Murray was getting worried that Enroth was winning way too many games for the Sabres and needed to downgrade quickly. He may be hoping that Enroth continues his streakiness with Dallas and becomes a FA so he can resign him for next season. Since there is absolutely no one worth a **** anywhere in this organization that could play next season.

Enroth hasn't been winning any games lately. Neuvirth is just as good (has a better save percentage), with the caveat of injury issues. This is as simple as Murray wanting to get something for Enroth. I doubt he has any interest in signing Enroth in the offseason. Maybe he does, but there will be other goalies to choose from in addition to possibly having Neuvirth for next year.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Enroth hasn't been winning any games lately. Neuvirth is just as good (has a better save percentage), with the caveat of injury issues. This is as simple as Murray wanting to get something for Enroth. I doubt he has any interest in signing Enroth in the offseason. Maybe he does, but there will be other goalies to choose from in addition to possibly having Neuvirth for next year.

I agree. Its just getting returns for UFAs.

I still think we have last place locked up before the trades.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Goalies are a crapshoot. Bishop was traded for scraps. Bernier is a legit starter and they flipped secondary assets for him.

We'll either sign a UFA like Niemi or trade for a back up stuck behind a star goalie like Jones or Talbot. Why are people throwing such a massive fit about a freaking back-up???

Bishop was also traded for a second too. Lindback and some stuff was traded for two seconds and a third. It's not that easy. And shouldn't we wait until Murray's goaltending strategy actually produces a viable starting goaltender before we support that strategy?

Gionta. McCormick. Moulson. Gorges waived a NTC. Meszaros. Benoit. Strachan.

Luring players will not be any sort of problem.

If Enroth wants to come back, he'll be welcomed with open arms next year.

Well, that list isn't going to convince anyone that the Sabres can convince good players to come here. And it wasn't working in '11 and '12 either.

My general thoughts on the move (I know everyone's been dying in anticipation): I was open to Enroth showing me that he can be a viable starter during the transition but I'm not convinced he can handle the workload. I guess if he wants to come back at 2 yr/$6M in the offseason I'm okay with that but I'm ready to move on. The stuff about wanting to see more of Neuvirth sounds like window-dressing to me, how much more can they really learn about him? I'm fine with the move and I love that it's a '16 pick and the conditions are for '15 as it raises the (remote) possibility that Dallas gets hot, the pick gets upgraded and collapses next year. Everyone who loves tracking how
bad they thought the Isles and Blues were going to be should love this. Lindback is a sack of organs to keep Hackett in Rochester until Neuvirth is inevitably injured.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Bishop was also traded for a second too. Lindback and some stuff was traded for two seconds and a third. It's not that easy. And shouldn't we wait until Murray's goaltending strategy actually produces a viable starting goaltender before we support that strategy?

Well, that list isn't going to convince anyone that the Sabres can convince good players to come here. And it wasn't working in '11 and '12 either.

My general thoughts on the move (I know everyone's been dying in anticipation): I was open to Enroth showing me that he can be a viable starter during the transition but I'm not convinced he can handle the workload. I guess if he wants to come back at 2 yr/$6M in the offseason I'm okay with that but I'm ready to move on. The stuff about wanting to see more of Neuvirth sounds like window-dressing to me, how much more can they really learn about him? I'm fine with the move and I love that it's a '16 pick and the conditions are for '15 as it raises the (remote) possibility that Dallas gets hot, the pick gets upgraded and collapses next year. Everyone who loves tracking how
bad they thought the Isles and Blues were going to be should love this. Lindback is a sack of organs to keep Hackett in Rochester until Neuvirth is inevitably injured.

:laugh: great phrase

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think Enroth is a little underrated here. I can picture him having some success in Dallas.

I think we all can. Hell, I think he may still become a good starter on a good team, it's just not a guarantee the way some make it seem like re-signing him is some no-brainer. It's also not a no-brainer that he'd win us a single game the rest of the season more than Neuvirth would. It's possible, but he has terrible games and great games the same as Neuvirth.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
From the Sabres point of view taking back Lindback makes it looks like a higher return. We keep the selling prices high because we might have more inventory to move....

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
This was the most important trade yesterday because it essentially took away Enroth going on another insane winning streak. This trade virtually assured us of McEichel. :yo::yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad