Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Curtis Lazar signs with the Sabres (1 year, $700K)

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Likely a number of Rochester prospects are making the permanent move 60 miles West on I90 - any number of Goalofsson, Smith, Nylander, Asplund, Thompson may be up full time and the Amerks could use some backfill.

That's my guess.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
If I'm taking a flier on a guy, this is absolutely the kind of guy I do it on. Hope he can contribute. I remember his WJC being dominant years ago. And he's still young. Maybe he's a late bloomer.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I mean why not he basically fits the mold of a fourth liner and can always be waived if it doesn’t work out.

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Buffalo is in desperate need of better bottom-six players so I’d be all for it, one-way and all. He’d come cheap and might be able to show something. I remember just a few years ago how high people were on him. Even if he can play regular minutes on the fourth line, I’d call it a win for the Sabres.

Worst thing happens and he’s put on waivers to go down to Roch and gives them a good player.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I hope Lazar succeeds. He's a good kid. Great motor on the ice,a nd if he can get his mindset right, he could be an excellent 4th liner who can fill in on the 3rd line and get some garbage goals in the paint for your team. He has terrible hand, but he knows how to dig for the puck and cause havoc around the net.

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Can’t dislike this. There’s a chance he can play on the fourth line and it’s a win if so. I’m hoping he’s good enough to make the team. If not, he can be one of Rochester’s better forwards. Glad our owner doesn’t mind handing out the one-ways even if the player may not play in Buffalo. Ensures a competitive team down there by bringing in quality AHL vets.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He must have got word that Hammond was signing with the Sabres so he could eat more burgers off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad