Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Curtis Lazar signs with the Sabres (1 year, $700K)

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
41 points in 57 games in the AHL last year. And reports say his game looked a lot better after his demotion last year. Zero risk in seeing what the kid has

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Because you have prospects that can do that. Whats why not.
I don the know Buffalos prospect pool enough to comment on that. Do they have some guys that are better suited for that 13th forward role? Keep in mind Lazar could easily be waived if prospects surpass at any point in the season.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I don the know Buffalos prospect pool enough to comment on that. Do they have some guys that are better suited for that 13th forward role? Keep in mind Lazar could easily be waived if prospects surpass at any point in the season.
Probably, but if this is true, which I have 0 reason to see why it isn't, it means Buffalo has a deal in the works that will most likely alter their near ready to NHL ready kids for bott9m 6 duty.

I'm just guessing here, but they are preparing to shift Mitts to 3rd line center in anticipation of bringing in a true 2C, with Lazar on his wing or the 4th line. Just a guess.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Good for Lazar, sure he’ll be a very functional 4th liner for years to come. Personally, I don’t think he ever really got a real shot last year.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Because you have prospects that can do that. Whats why not.
Prospects shouldn't be 13th forward just call them up when someone gets injured. I'd rather have prospects playing as much hockey as they can vs sitting in the press box

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad