Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Curtis Lazar signs with the Sabres (1 year, $700K)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Was just thinking about him today. Honestly thought he went to Europe.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Treliving was hoping to get him signed to a two-way so can't blame him for jumping on the better deal. I'm not sure if he'll figure out his game in Buffalo though

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Meh, make all the money you can kid. He isn’t worth a 1-way deal, so I’m not surprised the flames cut bait. Waste of a 2nd round pick.

You’re gonna shit when you find out where he was actually drafted.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Rumour was Calgary still wanted him back on a two way but if he can get a one way somewhere then good for him, can't blame him for jumping at it

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Had a good AHL year last year and Calgary's fourth line was so good down the stretch he never got a real shot.

He never was a bad 4th line player. Hopefully it works out for him somewhere

Reactions: Dominance

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
i mean, makes sense to go for a one way if he can get it, but buffalo seems like a place where he definitely wont find his game and ends up in europe

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
It’s just money. Doesn’t affect cap hit, so from a fan perspective one way or two way shouldn’t matter. Just a bit more pocket change out of the pocket of the Uber wealthy

Why shouldn't a fan care about one or two way? I imagine he sees AHL time so if he can earn his full NHL cash while he's there then good for him, he wouldn't get that kind of deal in Calgary

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Has almost all the tools, has speed, grit and is solid defensively. Problem with Lazar is he has little Offensive IQ, doesn't throw the best passes and has hands of stone.

Using his teammates would also help him, could still become a solid player but really needs to work on the above mentioned qualities.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why shouldn't a fan care about one or two way? I imagine he sees AHL time so if he can earn his full NHL cash while he's there then good for him, he wouldn't get that kind of deal in Calgary

Because it doesn’t functionally affect anything. The whole cap hit is buried. About the only minor thing the average fan would want to consider is his deal will count on the 50 man, but other than that.... meh.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Because it doesn’t functionally affect anything. The whole cap hit is buried. About the only minor thing the average fan would want to consider is his deal will count on the 50 man, but other than that.... meh.
Fan can't be happy for him that he'll earn more money?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad