OT: Buds Board Keeper League - need Dallas GM

alienanton*

Ya I think fantasy draft would be the most fair and fun.

i understand the appeal of both. if you're looking super realism then taking the current roster is the way to go.

but yea, for fair and fun, fantasy draft is definitely better.

Potlach

Jan 13, 2006
I'm in. Not sure which teams are still left, so I'll just take whoever lol.

I check my Yahoo leagues daily so I'll definitely be active.

RyanMac

Jul 20, 2003
I think the league is pretty set on going with current rosters. A bunch of leg work has already been put into it to prepare current roster sheets + unsigned prospects as of today.

Starpainter

Oct 9, 2005
Ontario
Note - After going through my PMs I will add GMs to the list. After work tonight I'll try to get our forum up and running.

I am definantly interested

are we using current rosters or are we drafting them?

I'll take the Pittsburgh Penguins

We've decided on a bit of a hybrid. It would simply be too onerous a task to to have a full fantasy draft. So, the format will be as follows:

Each team will protect 30 players on its reserve list. After which there will be a dispersal/waiver draft. It will run 10 rounds and include any player that is not owned or draft eligible. For instance, a player like Gustavsson would be available. We will then have the NHL entry draft.

Detroit please

What do you do about injuries and callups during the injuries and how that affects the cap?

I really don't think you're going to be able to work the salary cap aspect properly and fairly. How do you anticipate what a player on your roster will get in free agency? someone might give Gaborik a 9m deal for one year or he might get a 12year contract wiht an average cap hit of 6m. It leaves you little time to figure out what to do, especially if you have 3 or 4 FA's on your team.

I think we've decided that we will have to ignore the minute fluctuations in cap space over the year. We will need to use the Yahoo model, as they will be hosting the game. As for the UFA thing - that's simply part of this type of game. A good GM should be able to foresee overpayment during free agency. You are always welcome trade the player in question preemptively. As a last minute solution you can simply waive the player.

The structure isn't perfect, and we will be learning as we go. We can sort out the details nearer to the regular season if there is majority support.

We should have a vote for a fantasy draft or not..

Also, I agree with Dubey.. regs only, I hate going into pools and half the league is inactive or they stop paying attention to their team half way through the season..

As I said, it's too tough to have a full 40-round fantasy draft. That would mean 700 picks need to be made and would likely take ages to complete.

I'd like to keep it to regulars. If we do find GMs to be inactive we can have them replaced.

i understand the appeal of both. if you're looking super realism then taking the current roster is the way to go.

but yea, for fair and fun, fantasy draft is definitely better.

Yeah, both methods have their benefits... thus the hybrid :)

what's left for teams??

There should be a lot left. Once I update the list check the 1st post.

berney fkaj

Sep 21, 2003
Around
I am interested in this. Even though I don't have the most posts, I have been coming to HF, almost daily for the past 7 or so years. No offense to newer posters, but please pick only posters who you recognize, and or who have been on here for a while if possible. I have been in too many of these, to have them only fade out after a while. Because of this I have not joined a keeper league in some time, but if we can get a committed group together, I would love to join, and I will be active. I will pick a team who is up against the cap in Philly or New York Ranger if they haven't been picked yet. (that should make it more interesting)

huge*

I am interested in this. Even though I don't have the most posts, I have been coming to HF, almost daily for the past 7 or so years. No offense to newer posters, but please pick only posters who you recognize, and or who have been on here for a while if possible. I have been in too many of these, to have them only fade out after a while. Because of this I have not joined a keeper league in some time, but if we can get a committed group together, I would love to join, and I will be active. I will pick a team who is up against the cap in Philly or New York Ranger if they haven't been picked yet. (that should make it more interesting)

im a fantasy wh0re. no worries about me fckin off

Starpainter

Oct 9, 2005
Ontario
I'll be the LA Kings :kings

edit: i'm already in a couple of these, and they are good times...add me to the list of 30 GM's!

Added.

blues pls :)

Added.

WSH for me, and I promise you I will be active.

Added.

I am definantly interested

are we using current rosters or are we drafting them?

I'll take the Pittsburgh Penguins

Pens are taken. We are using 30 players from each current roster then a 10-round waiver draft. After that a full entry draft.

I'll put you down without a team for now. PM me with your selection.

I'll take the Ottawa Senators

Also taken, PM me with new team selection - check 1st post.

Detroit please

Done.

I'll take Edmonton

Done.

RyanMac

Jul 20, 2003
I'm sure Star will post this at the top of the thread but anybody with a confirmed team should start thinking about what 30 players they will protect for the dispersal draft.

Once the forum is up we'll post a list of the official roster you can draw upon.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I'm sure Star will post this at the top of the thread but anybody with a confirmed team should start thinking about what 30 players they will protect for the dispersal draft.

Once the forum is up we'll post a list of the official roster you can draw upon.
Isn't 30 kind of a lot? People will just protect their whole 23 man roster + top prospects.

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
We should actually have to make decisions, like only keeping 15 players.

Then you can have the original team aspect as well as a bigger draft for those who love em.

RyanMac

Jul 20, 2003
Isn't 30 kind of a lot? People will just protect their whole 23 man roster + top prospects.

I don't think the point was to alter the core of teams with the dispersal draft. It's just a way to allow a bit of housecleaning and the drafting of some of the higher profile players in Europe.

Starpainter

Oct 9, 2005
Ontario
Hey, Yahoo only allows a maximum of 20 teams I think

Bah, yeah. We may need to switch to either CBS or ESPN. I know CBS is a pay service and I'm willing to absorb the cost and take up voluntary donations.

Does anyone have any experience with either CBS or ESPN? Can they support 30 teams?

RyanMac

Jul 20, 2003
CBS supports 30 teams and head to head play. It costs 179 dollars but seems like a very good setup.

AlMo

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Bah, yeah. We may need to switch to either CBS or ESPN. I know CBS is a pay service and I'm willing to absorb the cost and take up voluntary donations.

Does anyone have any experience with either CBS or ESPN? Can they support 30 teams?

Don't do that dude, 200 bucks is quite the cost to absorb. I'm already in a couple of leagues and I go halves with a buddy of mine on another.

To pay a fee I would likely pass as my wife would cut my nuts off if I continue to dish out dough for these leagues (doesn't help that I am off of work with a ruptured achilles tendon) but at the same time I am not going to have someone else pay for me.

MSP4LYFE*

Don't do that dude, 200 bucks is quite the cost to absorb. I'm already in a couple of leagues and I go halves with a buddy of mine on another.

To pay a fee I would likely pass as my wife would cut my nuts off if I continue to dish out dough for these leagues (doesn't help that I am off of work with a ruptured achilles tendon) but at the same time I am not going to have someone else pay for me.

Likewise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad