OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Oh boy is this Bucs defense good. But oh boy is the offense and coaching breathtakingly bad.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Man I dont think I can take another loss on the last play of a game. Seems to happen far too often with this Bucs squad. Our defense is really good though. I just am really growing to hate Freeman. :cry:

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Man I dont think I can take another loss on the last play of a game. Seems to happen far too often with this Bucs squad. Our defense is really good though. I just am really growing to hate Freeman. :cry:

Don't buy into the Freeman hype. The Bucs are a joke, and so is that defense.

As long as this team continues to believe Leonard Johnson is an NFL caliber corner, they'll continue to lose games. As long as they have zero pass rush and continue to give time to guys like Brees to throw 46 times, they'll continue to lose games. As long as they continue to do undisciplined **** like Ahmad Black (who is barely NFL caliber), they'll continue to lose games. Most importantly, as long as Schiano continues to make personnel decisions and aid in this awful, conservative playcalling, this team will lose games.

I'm still shocked at how quickly people want to give up a guy that threw for 4000 yards and 27 TDs, that is a career 58% completion guy, and has had some great years with little to work with. Hes only struggled since Schiano took over... hmmm....

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

As long as this team continues to believe Leonard Johnson is an NFL caliber corner, they'll continue to lose games. As long as they have zero pass rush and continue to give time to guys like Brees to throw 46 times, they'll continue to lose games. As long as they continue to do undisciplined **** like Ahmad Black (who is barely NFL caliber), they'll continue to lose games. Most importantly, as long as Schiano continues to make personnel decisions and aid in this awful, conservative playcalling, this team will lose games.

I'm still shocked at how quickly people want to give up a guy that threw for 4000 yards and 27 TDs, that is a career 58% completion guy, and has had some great years with little to work with. Hes only struggled since Schiano took over... hmmm....

Did you not watch the game? The defense played phenomenal. Took some undisciplined penalties, but that doesn't take away from their performance. Brees is going to throw for 300 yards a game, doesn't matter who he's playing against. The fact that we had him in the negative in his TD/INT ratio is impressive. And our pass rush just so happened to get 5 sacks against one of the best interior O-lines in the league. We went from giving up 4 TDs a game and allowing around 70% completions against Brees last year to allowing 1 TD, around 55% completions, 5 sacks, a very impressive goal line stand, and even 2 INTs including a pick 6.

When your offense only scores 3 TDs over a 2 game span, don't expect to win those games. Schiano and Freeman are both awful.

I don't understand the logic of kicking a field goal at the end there. It's 4th and 2 in Saints territory and you're up by 1. Martin is averaging somewhere around 4 yards a carry. Give him the ball and everyone drive up the middle. Worst case scenario you don't make it, shave another 10 seconds off the clock, and give the Saints the ball on their own 30 instead of their 40. Just poor game management and decision making.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011

This is why no one takes you seriously...

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Bucs bench Freeman, Glennon to start Sunday. Why not? See what the kid can do, can't be much worse than Freeman.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Jags are still disappointing...Henne doesn't look good, Gabbert rarely does either. It looks like a rough year.

Note: the above statement could be copy and pasted from last season.

Good luck with Glennon Bucs fans!

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I'm all in for Teddy Bridgewater or Tajh Boyd. This season is a lost cause already, let's look to the future. Get a true elite QB, something this teams never had. #TankForTeddy #TankForTajh

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I'm all in for Teddy Bridgewater or Tajh Boyd. This season is a lost cause already, let's look to the future. Get a true elite QB, something this teams never had. #TankForTeddy #TankForTajh

They've had elite QBs before. They just trade them away before they become elite.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/384340263079911424

You think Freeman winning the PR war would be so easy but he even ****s that up.

The kid is a ********* clearly. Way to be mature about being told you suck and miss meetings because you probably don't care anymore.

This kid will be going the way of Ryan Leaf sooner rather than later.

Glennon isn't the answer and Schiano isn't a great coach, but Freeman is an idiot and will never lead a team anywhere. Good riddance.

Great batch of QBs coming out this draft hopefully. Boyd, McCaron, Bridgewater, Manziel etc etc.

smittens

Mar 28, 2012
Orlando.
hello lads, i'm an english bloke just moved to orlando and i want to watch the rays game on tv and i'm struggling. i've got brighthouse so if anyone can help it'd be well appreciated.

in return i'll send you a photo of me in me vinny flyers jersey. haha.

cheers lads.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Let's review here.

Its okay, keep telling yourself this is a good team. The record will tell the story.

The talent is there to be a great defense, but the coaching sure as hell isn't.

Which is it? Is the defense chock full of barely NFL caliber players or is the talent there to be a great defense?

I completely agree that Schiano is not a good coach. Hell, the entire coaching staff is terrible. I have no idea how you can force one of the best man coverage corners ever into zone coverage on about 75% of the plays.

But that's besides the point with Freeman. I like how you brought up these great stats that Freeman had UNDER SCHIANO but blame Schiano for Freeman's decline.

The offense has quite a bit of talent in the skill positions and that offensive line isn't bad either. The defense is top 10 (arguably top 5) in the league. Really the only 2 missing pieces are a QB that can protect the ball but still move the chains, and a coaching staff that knows how to best utilize the players they have.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Makes you wonder where Aqib Talib and Eric Wright got their Adderall last year.....If that's the case, there may be leaks elsewhere....

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Being a Jaguars fan, simply put, blows. Today's lovely episode of Jaguars "football:"

1st quarter nightmare:
-1st round pick Luke Joeckel gets carted off the field, out for the season one week after trading our other left tackle
-Next play, Gabbert air mails WR for an int, Rams D returns it 82 yards for TD

2nd quarter nightmare:
-Fumble, Rams D return to 16 yd line. NEXT PLAY: 16 yd TD pass for the Rams

3rd quarter nightmare:
-2 chances at 4th and goal from the 3, Gabbert throws incomplete, and an INT for a touchback. Even a turnover on downs gives the Rams the ball at their own 3. If Gabbert took the snap, ran backwards 10 yards, and fell over, it would have been a better play.

4th quarter nightmares:
-Get within 7 pts, promptly give up 8 play, 80 yd drive for a TD
-Late in 4th quarter, chance to get ball back...4th & 3, FG attempt, offsides against the Jags, 1st down Rams.

34-20 Rams, 10th straight loss dating back to last season.

Another spread (today was +12 against a 1-3 team) not covered today. And it gets better...Jags play the Broncos next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad