OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Bulls are garbage and wouldn't survive in a Real conference.

Obviously it's been a while since I posted that. Since then we have a new head coach and hopefully he can recruit better than "Skippy" but I still think we can do better than the Big Least and be a stronger team overall in a couple years IF we can land the better players.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Obviously it's been a while since I posted that. Since then we have a new head coach and hopefully he can recruit better than "Skippy" but I still think we can do better than the Big Least and be a stronger team overall in a couple years IF we can land the better players.

Perhaps but i just saw it lol.

Put the Bulls in the SEC And lets see how they do. :laugh:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't understand. People on twitter are saying the lights are out at the big game, but everything on the Puppy Bowl seems normal.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Does Tim Beckham ever crack a major league roster ? Is it safe to say he was a major bust yet ( i understand baseball players take a while to develop, but reading his grades is not promising). Is there still a little ounce of hope he will turn it around? I'm not super big on baseball and the propects so that's why I am asking here lol.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Does Tim Beckham ever crack a major league roster ? Is it safe to say he was a major bust yet ( i understand baseball players take a while to develop, but reading his grades is not promising). Is there still a little ounce of hope he will turn it around? I'm not super big on baseball and the propects so that's why I am asking here lol.

Hes certainly not the high ceiling five tool player they drafted anymore, but I think he can still be a productive platoon player or defensive bench player, which is really ****** in the grand scheme of prospect development but hey, sometimes you get it right, and sometimes you miss.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

Didn't we pass over Buster Posey for this hack?

Jabba The Hutton

Nucks STH
Jul 28, 2009
UBC
Just wanted to say I'm a huge Bucs fan and I'll definitely be going to their game in Seattle next year. Such as exciting team to watch last year, they just need a couple of veteran corners and I think they will be quite good.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Marlins had an event for the first day of single game ticket purchases.

This was the line.

EMJAahx.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ns-turn-winter-warm-event-220646017--mlb.html

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Can someone explain the rationale why we are holding out on signing some decent CB's while waiting for the Jets to make their minds up on trading Revis? I understand that his base salary this year is only $3 mil (which I'm sure makes the Glazers giddy), and the fact that he's one of the best CB's but he's also injured and he's expecting $15m per when he becomes a FA?

Shouldn't the Bucs mindset be on getting some quality FA CBs or at least ONE good CB (Grimes?) for a lot less money than Revis is going to command? This reminds me of the Haynesworth debacle years ago when we missed out on a number of players while going after that idiot.

Edit: Guess if Vincent Jackson can make $13 mil than Revis would probably command that much at least if he's healthy.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
This is the mass produced recruitment letter from North Carolina State.

SXnzSPz.jpg

Let's Build Something Special!!!

Dexter, WHAT UP Big Time?!!

I just joined the staff here @NC State and I wanted to drop a line and introduce myself + let you know I LOVE THE WAY YOU BALL!!

We need DIFFERENCE MAKERS to come in and MAKE AN INSTANT IMPACT! This place is unreal too!

CREATE YOUR own Legacy + LEAD THE PACK!

NC STATE BALLERS = NEEDED
YOU = BALLER

-Coach Hughes Twitter=dhughes234

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Can someone explain the rationale why we are holding out on signing some decent CB's while waiting for the Jets to make their minds up on trading Revis? I understand that his base salary this year is only $3 mil (which I'm sure makes the Glazers giddy), and the fact that he's one of the best CB's but he's also injured and he's expecting $15m per when he becomes a FA?

Shouldn't the Bucs mindset be on getting some quality FA CBs or at least ONE good CB (Grimes?) for a lot less money than Revis is going to command? This reminds me of the Haynesworth debacle years ago when we missed out on a number of players while going after that idiot.

Edit: Guess if Vincent Jackson can make $13 mil than Revis would probably command that much at least if he's healthy.
Just when you think they might get things together, they go and handle the Fa market in a very stupid way.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Brent Grimes missed the entire 2012 season with an Achilles injury. The only reason why most of us even think of him in any kind of heralded terms is because of his penchant for picking off Josh Freeman. Atlanta did not have particularly strong numbers against the pass between 2009 and 2011.

I know the Bucs pass defense is fricken' awful (thanks in part to a pass rush that is pretty poor, and even worse now with Bennett gone), but signing middle tier CB's like Brent Grimes isn't going to fix that. Geez, for that salary, the Bucs might as well take a flier on Ashomugha to see if they can find something in the tank after the dismal seasons in Philly. At least that's a former All-Pro who theoretically shouldn't be far removed from his prime.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Bennett was overrated. Put him against anyone mildly competent on the OL and he was awful. Thats why he got a one year deal.

Grimes is... well, okay, and certainly better than biggers. I'd take him considering we have another safety now.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Bennett was overrated. Put him against anyone mildly competent on the OL and he was awful. Thats why he got a one year deal.

Grimes is... well, okay, and certainly better than biggers. I'd take him considering we have another safety now.

I'd just like them to get someone that can either rush the passer or cover a WR rather than having to rely on rookies or 1 year castoffs from other teams even if it's just situational like Freeney or Abraham. I understand that Abraham and Freeney may be asking for too much or don't want to be situational players but we need that experience here - backup or not. Instead, they're putting their faith in a guy that's been injured both years he's played and is facing criminal charges and a possibility he may not even play this year.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I think the fact that Bowers turned himself in is a huge help, in that case. I don't expect jail time for him.

But they only drafted him in the 2nd round because of his injury problems. Bowers was a highly regarded prospect coming out of Clemson, and if he could stay healthy, I think he probably goes top-10. Tantalizing talent, but the injuries are of grave concern. It's foolish to count on him to stay healthy.

Inquisition13

Mar 4, 2013
It will be a 3rd. And Revis will holdout. It's who he is.

But it should give the Bucs some very good short-term help at CB, depending on when he actually plays. Because I sure as hell expect him to sit out the first few weeks of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad