OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It will be a 3rd. And Revis will holdout. It's who he is.

But it should give the Bucs some very good short-term help at CB, depending on when he actually plays. Because I sure as hell expect him to sit out the first few weeks of the season.

What makes you think that? From everything I've seen he's ready to go. He's even said he's excited to play the Jets in NY in week 1.

And I wouldn't bet against him holding out within the next 2-3 years, but there's not a cent of guaranteed money. He's gotta play to make any of his money.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
It will be a 3rd. And Revis will holdout. It's who he is.

But it should give the Bucs some very good short-term help at CB, depending on when he actually plays. Because I sure as hell expect him to sit out the first few weeks of the season.

I'm expecting a stop-gap until they can draft some good corners.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Doesn't mean squat if Freeman sucks it up like he has been doing. He's the key to the Bucs doing anything like making the playoffs.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Man, I just can't tolerate the writing on bucsnation anymore. Its consistently awful. It used to be somewhat useful, at least a decent site that would aggregate things from around the football world, now its just insufferable.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I like Pewter Report but the message boards are awful. JoeBucsfan would be okay but I can't stand the 3rd person speak.

snowden will crack open a cold one to your post while dreaming of model Erica giving snowden a back massage while snowden eats a bucketful of Hooters wings

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Does anyone have season tickets to the Rays? I was seriously considering getting a pair next season - or to the Lightning. I'm curious, what type of payment plans do they offer?

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Good thing about tonights Bucs game is nobody saw it (unless you watched online of course).

One word - Awful.

Yeah...Dolphins v. Jaguars tomorrow night should be an absolute football clinic. Unfortunately, it will be more of a "don't play like these guys" lesson in football.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Seeing a lot of chatter about Bowers across the interwebz.

To me, he looks the part of an elite DE. He has the size and athletic build that the position requires. I honestly think if he stays healthy all year with AC on the other end, he will definitely break out. I think he looked solid last thurs. Made great tackles, and still managed to get some decent rushes while playing with mostly 2-3 string linemates (so, getting most the double teams). This will be his make/break year, but im expecting a good one despite the negative press coverage.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Seeing a lot of chatter about Bowers across the interwebz.

To me, he looks the part of an elite DE. He has the size and athletic build that the position requires. I honestly think if he stays healthy all year with AC on the other end, he will definitely break out. I think he looked solid last thurs. Made great tackles, and still managed to get some decent rushes while playing with mostly 2-3 string linemates (so, getting most the double teams). This will be his make/break year, but im expecting a good one despite the negative press coverage.
If. A big if.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Tough to be LaVonte David right now.

Or a Jaguars fan...

It's tough when the question "did we even cross the 50 today?" is a tough answer, and you really aren't sure if your team ever did. The Jaguars make me sad. This guy is on point with our performance, as he frequently is:

21155d1375921450-joel-lanning-jaguars-fan.gif

Nowhere to go but up!

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Posted this in another thread but wanted to share with my Tampa dudes too:

And boom goes the dynamite.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...o-seek-a-trade

Crazy. As a Bucs fan I am not sure how to feel about this. I thought Josh could have been the guy, but his play has been on a major downward fall since half way last year. Glennon's chance is fast approaching, so lets see what that guys got soon I suppose. I wouldnt be against him starting today if this report was true.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
If it's true the Bucs should consider deactivating Freeman like they did with Keyshawn and go with Glennon. Any time left with Freeman starting will just be wasted. And then probably fire everybody in the offseason including Dominik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad