OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Even though we can hold on here and win....

We're never going to have a real Offensive Coordinator, are we?

Edit: Ugh, way to be, defense. 60 yards in what, 40 seconds?

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Once again at the last possession when one more stop wins the game the defense fails to show up.
Once again we manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Is there a more frustrating team to root for than these guys?

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
With the Rays and Bucs unlikely to get to the post season, and no NHL, now until April will seem like an eternity. Wish I was a Bear and just hibernate for 6 months.

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
Rays officially eliminated from the playoffs with the Athletics win tonight.

No one in the AL strikes my fancy, so... Go Reds!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
557685_10151131177047819_1061620105_n.jpg

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
Talib suspended four games by the NFL for prohibited substance violation.

Raise your hand if you're surprised, given his history of issues.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
They should just cut him. We're going nowhere this year, he's likely gone at the end of the season anyway. If his play was worth the trouble then maybe keep him but it's not. Cutting him now will atleast continue the theme with Tanard and Winslow of getting the thugs out.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
So can we get the replacement refs back? Bucs just got totally screwed on that garbage illegal touching penalty. You are allowed to come back in bounds and make a catch if you are pushed out of bounds which Williams clearly was.

Its only a penalty if you go out of bounds on your own.

Unbelievable.

sonny side up

Dec 30, 2006
the dark room
www.flickr.com
So can we get the replacement refs back? Bucs just got totally screwed on that garbage illegal touching penalty. You are allowed to come back in bounds and make a catch if you are pushed out of bounds which Williams clearly was.

Unbelievable.

Gotta make sure the saints win.. duh... **** the NFL and their lame rules.

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL

Unbelievable.

The rules applied were correct as far as I could tell, though it is a big confusing. Because Freeman was out of the pocket, that made the push out of bounds legal.

That said, I think it is garbage. If a defender pushes you out, you have a right to return and be the first to touch the ball. If you go out on your own, you're screwed. That makes things so simple and easy, which means the NFL will never implement it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The rules applied were correct as far as I could tell, though it is a big confusing. Because Freeman was out of the pocket, that made the push out of bounds legal.

That said, I think it is garbage. If a defender pushes you out, you have a right to return and be the first to touch the ball. If you go out on your own, you're screwed. That makes things so simple and easy, which means the NFL will never implement it.

The simplest way would be to physically not allow players to go out of bounds. (i.e., another way football could be more like hockey, and therefore better)

and while I'm on the subject, why "cleats"? Why not just "cleat" (i.e., one single large 'cleat' per shoe, rather than a bunch of small, and therefore probably bunch of irrelevant ones, 'cleats' are just the shoe companies way of making a buck selling superfluous crap nobody needs. The single 'cleat' shoe can run from heel to toe.)

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
Guess what? I found a pic that shows he was still in the pocket rendering my initial defense of the rule wrong (but my suggestion to change it still stands.)

M0N55.jpg

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
So this is what it felt like to play the Bucs last season...

Awesome to score 40 for the first time since I don't even remember, but if Palmer had the smallest bit of composure, we would have likely coughed up this game. Our pass defense is diabolical, it's just Old Man Barber, a rookie Barron and about 5-6 special teamers. Worryingly, this is exactly what happened last time Bill Sheridan was in charge of an NFL defense.

There'll be some games down the line where we're going to get shredded.

Last edited:

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Two corners, a safety, another LB, another DL. I'm hoping someone on the roster now can step into the LB slot and we know Ronde isn't going to be around forever. Pass rush needs to improve.

Biggers needs to sell Big Macs and stay off the field. Oh, and a solid tight end.

I really like the offense, I don't like the way they're coddling Freeman. His decision making needs to improve but you can't terrify the kid into becoming a stud. Loosen up and let him take some shots. Looks great when you let him find Williams downfield in man coverage.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Football gods shined on the Bucs today as that horrible call of a fumble in the endzone when it was clear as day that he crossed the goal line already, almost lost them the game.

Good for them to come back like they did. Impressive.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Can we move the USF Bulls to a real conference? I mean - didn't we take a step UP to the Big East from Conference USA instead of having the Big East step DOWN to the Conference USA level? I realize we're playing that way right now but c'mon...Move to the ACC already (and get a head coach)!!!!

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Can we move the USF Bulls to a real conference? I mean - didn't we take a step UP to the Big East from Conference USA instead of having the Big East step DOWN to the Conference USA level? I realize we're playing that way right now but c'mon...Move to the ACC already (and get a head coach)!!!!

They deserve to be in a DIII conference at this point. They are absolute garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad