Post-Game Talk: Bucky stands tall: 6-1 Jets

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
And I'm not sure why you guys make it sound like we have like a whole page of people bashing Ehlers :laugh:

We don't!! It's not a whole page of Ehlers bashers...it's that on almost every page there is people bashing Ehlers!!

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
And I'm not sure why you guys make it sound like we have like a whole page of people bashing Ehlers :laugh:

I have heard a rumor, that there is a secret society. Like the Illuminati, or The Knights Templar. But this groups goal is far more important - to protect at all costs the reputation of any Jets player whose last name begins with an 'E'. This secret society some say, is know as the 'E Keepers'. Is it just a legend, or is there truth to this mystery? No one knows for sure. But there is a saying: Fear the 'E Keepers'. :D

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I have heard a rumor, that there is a secret society. Like the Illuminati, or The Knights Templar. But this groups goal is far more important - to protect at all costs the reputation of any Jets player whose last name begins with an 'E'. This secret society some say, is know as the 'E Keepers'. Is it just a legend, or is there truth to this mystery? No one knows for sure. But there is a saying: Fear the 'E Keepers'. :D

Ehlers, Enstrom, Ellerby, .....you could be on to something..............

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Woooo what a game last night.

Leafs are my 2nd favorite fav team so was hoping for a nice Jets OT win :laugh:

But rather have Jets with 2 than Leafs with any. (Raps won last night so all good)

---

Finally Hellebuyck has some shots thrown at him. Looked excellent. Saw some folks debating the breakaway whether it was a save or not - regardless, he positioned himself in such a way to not make it easy. That counts for something in my opinion. (We've allowed a lot of breakaways this season...)

Unfortunately it was against the Leafs... yes they have been doing better but this is not Central league level competition so won't jump on the Hellesavior bus yet.

---

Washington and The Dream Destroyer Ovechkin are going to be a true test for Hellebuyck and I doubt Holtby will be playing sieve like last game. Going to be a test for the whole team.

Others have said it, but if Hellebuyck plays on Saturday (which he should) we'll probably see a real test for him.

---

Stafford and Scheifele were great out there once they lit it up in the first there was no turning back. :)

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Fun game to watch other than the broadcasting. Even my wife who doesn't watch a lot of games asked if these guys normally just do junior games in Toronto!

Really impressed with what the PSS line is becoming. #55 could be in "beast mode" by the time he is mid 20"s with his attention to fitness. He will likely add anothe 10+ lbs. of lean muscle over the next couple of years.

Hoping HellBoy plays against the Caps and even if he plays great I want Mo to put Hutch in Sunday.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Ehlers probably has the best offensive vision on the team, he's just raw and physically immature. Some of the plays he comes up with are pure genius imo. But lack of experience and offensively challenged linemates are going to be obstacles for this year.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Scheifele is close to passing Ladd on the scoring list too. This is great news- he actually has chosen to live in Winnipeg year round. This would put Ladd 5th on the Jets in scoring. So is it his "strong silent type", "lead by example" qualities that he's holding out and not signing on to continue to lead this team or the fact that he drops the gloves maybe once every couple years?

Give it to Wheeler and don't let the door hit you on the way out Laddy.

So because a center is racking up points the team should let a winger go?
The idea is to keep guys who score on the team. Not get rid of them because someone else is scoring too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad