Proposal: Buchnevich to Florida

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers could acquire some more futures first for a couple of "core vets" and quickly use them together with a plethora of youth/pics for getting a few more established players. That is the likely scenario IMO...

agree
those saying we don't need more picks are wrong.
Can always be banked, versatile to use in different deals or to upgrade draft status.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Buch is likely to command $6m+ on his next deal. We've got Panarin and Kreider on big deals and we've got three young wingers who all have potential to be as good if not better than Buch in Laffy, Kakko and Kravtsov. We've also got some pretty big question marks about our long term outlook at C.

It sucks, because Buch is fantastic (and also has an underrated snarl to his game which we need more of, not less), but it's just not smart to have that many top-6 wingers. We need more balance on our roster and Buch is one hell of a trade chip, so here we are.

Kravtsov doesn’t have that potential to be as good as Buch’s current level. Maybe when he was drafted. Not with how he’s developed since. Kakko might. I wouldn’t be sure he does though. Not all 2OA’s ever score at a 73 point pace. Lafreniere probably does, but he’s a LW. That’s a Kreider problem.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Because the Rangers already have about 18 mil invested on the wings with Bread and Krieder, and have paydays for Fox and Zibs upcoming.

No Rangers fan wants Buch gone. It just might wins up being an economic thing.

That and the Rangers could use a young C.

Thats not Panthers problem and Denisenko is not a center

Reactions: RogerRoger

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kravtsov doesn’t have that potential to be as good as Buch’s current level. Maybe when he was drafted. Not with how he’s developed since. Kakko might. I wouldn’t be sure he does though. Not all 2OA’s ever score at a 73 point pace. Lafreniere probably does, but he’s a LW. That’s a Kreider problem.

both KK and VK have way more upside than Buch, based on physical gifts alone
AINEC
w/correct linemates, proper coach, and adequate mins, any gap will be shortened quickly; the ability to do so is there

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

How many people thought Buch would be a 70+ pt player and an elite PK'er?

The S5

Jul 27, 2017

That is a really bad take. Krav, if anything, shows more promise than Buch at a similar age.
Your posts are like watching Network news. trying to present narrative as fact. It doesn't work that way.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That is a really bad take. Krav, if anything, shows more promise than Buch at a similar age.
Your posts are like watching Network news. trying to present narrative as fact. It doesn't work that way.

Some of you buy into this utter propaganda that is part of why Kravtsov was overrated years ago in the first place. All that matters is apparently his hypothetical potential and some gifs of him dangling. It apparently doesn’t matter when his production is routinely underwhelming. If he was better than Buchnevich at the same ages, why couldn’t he produce better numbers? Always the excuses for Kravtsov.

Reactions: kp61c

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
It sucks that buch is a likely cap casualty. Id rather give up a 1st to have someone take kreiders contract than trade buch...
But id trade buch for lundell and a 1st and be happy about it.

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018
Ironic how you think a third round pick whose a first line forward in his mid 20’s is a bust but you have an avatar of a guy most think is a bust. You should watch some Rangers games before you keep insulting our players. You are spouting frozen cold takes.

I have never said Buchnevick is a bust. He is a good player, and that is why the Jets would be dancing in the streets if the Rags would send him there for a third.

I have watched Rangers games.

I did not take this avatar because Bulju xD is such a great player. I took it because he is the #1 meme-machine of the league, and the photo is great. Read my username, it pretty much points to the thing being a joke.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Some of you buy into this utter propaganda that is part of why Kravtsov was overrated years ago in the first place. All that matters is apparently his hypothetical potential and some gifs of him dangling. It apparently doesn’t matter when his production is routinely underwhelming. If he was better than Buchnevich at the same ages, why couldn’t he produce better numbers? Always the excuses for Kravtsov.

No excuses for Kravstov. He looks every bit the kind of player who will produce offensively and play a 200 foot game. The kid just finished his first 20 NHL games. He played, for the most part, with garbage. Probably a good example of why Quinn is no longer the Rangers coach.
Let's give the kid a chance.
And, we get it. You like Buch, and so do I. But, I would be a bit disappointed if Krav topped out at where Buch is now.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

wtf w/always excuses
guy got into a handful of games at the end
min mins thanks to Q
Q said "not a 4th liner" or to that effect
then played him on the 4th line.

Again, do it my way, if it fails after reasonable shot, I will take the lumps.
But again, I said
KK-Krav-AP

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It sucks that buch is a likely cap casualty. Id rather give up a 1st to have someone take kreiders contract than trade buch...
But id trade buch for lundell and a 1st and be happy about it.

stop giving away futures
Kreider still provides some level of beast factor few others on the team actually or potentially offer

this is a thoroughbred
he should chip in
but he is like THE ONLY ONE who gets beat up standing in front

and you wonder why he starts to show wear and tear

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
stop giving away futures
Kreider still provides some level of beast factor few others on the team actually or potentially offer

this is a thoroughbred
he should chip in
but he is like THE ONLY ONE who gets beat up standing in front

and you wonder why he starts to show wear and tear
I dont wonder why bern. I know why. It doesnt change the fact that his contract will be a girardi or lucic type of anchor in 2 years time. Best to trade him now while you can and get a mule who is younger.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have never said Buchnevick is a bust. He is a good player, and that is why the Jets would be dancing in the streets if the Rags would send him there for a third.

I have watched Rangers games.

I did not take this avatar because Bulju xD is such a great player. I took it because he is the #1 meme-machine of the league, and the photo is great. Read my username, it pretty much points to the thing being a joke.

You called him Bustnevich. What else is that supposed to mean?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
And, we get it. You like Buch, and so do I. But, I would be a bit disappointed if Krav topped out at where Buch is now.

I think I'm just lower than most Rangers fans on Kravtsov. I think there's a lot of consensus from Rangers fans about Buch's ability. Unless someone is saying he's a 2nd liner or some superstar, it's not like there's much room to be excessively high or low on a proven really good player.

I hope Kravtsov can start proving himself in the next few years. I thought he looked better in the NHL than I expected. Maybe my expectations were too low. At the same time, I think it's time that we expect a real impact. He was drafted top 10 a few years ago, and I was absolutely a fan of the pick at the time. Since then, I haven't loved his development. But the expectation should be an impact player.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
What was the plan when signing Kreider?

Gorts said (I'm paraphrasing ofc) at the TDL after signing Kreider that Kreider is the type of player that teams look for at the TDL for the playoffs. Instead of trading Kreider at the deadline and then 2-3 years down the road having to spend draft/prospect capital to get a player in the mold of Kreider it was more worth it to keep him for the short and long term contribution.

I think Gorts took a calculated risk with Kreider having a career year, the team was trending quickly towards being a playoff team and the offers he received didn't meet the value of future cost to acquire a similar talent. In the end, Kreider has been Kreider...inconsistent, will flash elite top wing speed/physicality/net front presence and other times he gets inside his own head and become a shadow that refuses to engage physically. Imagine being a top 5 in terms of straight line speed, strength, and hand-eye and rarely using those advantages over your opponent.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Florida is not the kind of team that has the cap space nor the capital to support giving away current or future cost controlled assets. Hard pass.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Does everybody on this board always want to trade for or refuse to trade prospects? Rangers aren't going to be looking for prospects in trades, they have enough of them that they already have a hard time finding a spot for that puts them in the best chance to succeed. We already got guys like Chytil and Kravtsov playing 3rd/4th lines

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I don't get it, because he had a great season and has taken further steps to improve as a more versatile player this hurts his value?

A flat cap hurts every players value . A player need a new contract is a concern in a flat cap .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad