Proposal: Buchnevich to Florida

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
You NEVER have enuf draft picks/prospects.
Only when you have a surplus can you then deal part of that surplus for a splurge.
We are not there yet.

Stop please w/all the win now bs.
Was nothing learned from the past decade?
Trading for the likes of EStrome, etc etc etc

IF the guys we have/had (like Howden) demonstrate they can't cut the mustard, then fine, get what you can and move on.

Don't lump Chytil and Gauthier in that group.

Kakko started here AS A FREAKIN TEENAGER.
Bend buckle and break in recognizing, not rejecting that fact.
He is gonna be fine if he continues on course, which can be accelerated with the right linemates.

Krav to C
don't argue, just do it
Kakko-Krav-Panarin
works on paper, solves many problems

LaF - Chytil - Gauthier
also works
G got screw job from Quinn, release his potential, don't waste the value of 2nd [Keane] we gave up for him

pushing whoever is left into bottom 6 deepens and improves the lineup

they just fired the coach , GM and President
The owner wants to make the playoffs

Not there yet ?
you realize they have the number 1 rated prospects list right ? Stacked and if anything they trade some .

they likely trade their 1st as they want to make the playoffs. I honestly have no idea why You think adding more kids for a finally established Buch makes sense at this point

Kravtsov is a winger you don’t just throw a guy at C like that.

get ready for a Chytil or another kid to go

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Its just a testament to how good Panarin is. Panarin is so good that Zib , who is a product of Panarin, can make Buch a product of him. Panarin is so good he has secondary products. Next season Laf might play with Buch and Laf might be a product of Buch. Then Panarin will have tertiary products.

Classic pyramid scheme.

giphy.webp

Reactions: LJM

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
they just fired the coach , GM and President
The owner wants to make the playoffs

Not there yet ?
you realize they have the number 1 rated prospects list right ? Stacked and if anything they trade some .

they likely trade their 1st as they want to make the playoffs. I honestly have no idea why You think adding more kids for a finally established Buch makes sense at this point

Kravtsov is a winger you don’t just throw a guy at C like that.

get ready for a Chytil or another kid to go

Forget layout of divisions, that comes w/the territory.
Under the idiot Quinn, we would have still made POs if either
we did not miss Zib half a season
or
did not lose 3 wks of breadman

arguably Shesterkin 3ish wks did not help

final wk was a clusterfluck b'c all our muscle guys went down at once.

We will not have to suffer that again, if we hold 111% pat we make the playoffs.

Hopefully Knoblauch gets a 1 yr show me deal, but am open to Gallant.

Panarin will not be away on official leave again.

Improvements will come from youth (this IS already evident)
but to be accelerated, they MUST get their minutes
PERIOD.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
or

We will not have to suffer that again, if we hold 111% pat we make the playoffs.

PERIOD.

so you think Drury is going to essentially take over and proceed to do very little ?

why trade a guy like Buch that finally broke out ? After years of investing in him it’s finally clicking and the guys love him

They need say 2 more years for kids to develop like he did resulting in no playoffs likely Again?

if management didn’t get fired I would agree but they did get fired

Drury is going to add via UFAs and if need be trade a prospect and/or picks for a guy that helps now

Maaaaaybe trade Buch in 1 year but not this year

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
that’s easy to say after they won the lottery w Laf

Did Kreider stink ? He still was at the top of the teams G list
Indeed hard to fault them for not knowing Laf would fall into their lap. He wasn't bad just has always been an extremely streaky player. He was demoted to the 3rd line late in the season. Thats an expensive 3rd liner.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
or

PERIOD.
If Knoblauch was in the plan, I would think theu would have canned Quinn after Washington, made Chuck interim and left him that way for next year.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
so you think Drury is going to essentially take over and proceed to do very little ?

why trade a guy like Buch that finally broke out ? After years of investing in him it’s finally clicking and the guys love him

They need say 2 more years for kids to develop like he did resulting in no playoffs likely Again?

Drury is going to add via UFAs and if need be trade a prospect and/or picks for a guy that helps now

Agreed. The only way I trade Buch is if M. Tkachuk is coming back. I don't think it's a wise idea to go Kakko/Kravtsov both as top 6 RW when the expectation is set to being a playoff team. You can have one in the top 6, which is good for competition between the two.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
that’s easy to say after they won the lottery w Laf

Did Kreider stink ? He still was at the top of the teams G list
It's not that Kreider stinks. His bread and butter is standing in front of the net. Deflections and rebounds. The problem is he wasn't doing much else this season and when the team stopped gaining zone pressure, getting pucks through or utilizing screens, he was a ghost. For one of the fastest skaters in the league he sure takes his sweet time skating with the puck. You have to light a fire under his ass for him to skate like he can.

I know the analytics show differently, that Kreider was a good play driver the last few years, but that has been way overblown. Kreider has never been able to carry a line.

In some fairness to him, Zibanehad was awful 5 on 5 this season, so it didn't help Kreider not becoming a ghost, or using his best asset much.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

disagree for reasons stated
optimal course is to give kids mins overdue now
they are ready and based on what we have already seen, growing pains in most cases will be short

yes, strategic adds
that requires moving cap and vets, not youth
youth is how we remain long term powerhouse

stop w/win now foolishness
recognize any 1 of Zib no covid/Panarin no absence/no Shesty interruption and we make playoffs

and we will be better this yr

EAT YOUR VEGETABLES -- PLAY THE KIDS
do not go for short term sugar high of vets

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If Knoblauch was in the plan, I would think theu would have canned Quinn after Washington, made Chuck interim and left him that way for next year.

Agree that would have made sense, but....

prob did not like optics of canning a guy out due to covid

flexible about coach if not Torts/AV

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
they are ready and based on what we have already seen, growing pains in most cases will be short

yes, strategic adds

recognize any 1 of Zib no covid/Panarin no absence/no Shesty interruption and we make playoffs

Moving cap and vets lol...

No one is taking youe cap and vets, not when Buch will be looming at a 7M$ contract and similar for Strome. Teams won't give anu good prospects / 1sts picks for that.

Buch is either gone in a year as a IFA, or signed long term woth NYR for 7M$ a year +. Book it.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

yes, strategic adds

its like you think I run the team

it’s not my mandate it’s ownerships to win now

If Gorton and Davidson were around then yes they would of been more patient but not now

they are big game hunting and that means sacrificing a prospect or two not adding to more guys that need years to develop

it’s not like Im saying trade most of the kids but certainty don’t subtract Buchnevich

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
As if Skinner doesn't exist. I'm amazed that stupid stuff like this gets liked.

Well that version of Skinner in Buffalo doesn't exist anymore. Just a blip. I'm amazed at how much Buffalo fans bitch about Eichel's line mates (to the point of arguing he would have 20-30 more pts on another teams) but somehow argue that Panarin makes everybody on the Rangers and then have the stupidity to claim Eichel is better than Panarin.

Also curious is the claim that Eichel made Skinner better. Better than what? Skinner had practically the same season two years prior to the 40 goal season he had in Buffalo, in Carolina. Same amount of pts in 3 less games even. Led the Canes in pts.

Last edited:

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Why can't you guys afford Buch? You're gonna have like 25m in cap space with only he, Shesterkin, and Chytil who need 7 digit contracts. And in the year after that, the cap will rise significantly, and you'll only need to extend Fox, Zib, and Kakko while Strome and all your dead cap come off the books.

Maybe by 2023-24 it'll be a problem, but you cross that bridge when you get to it.
Krieder and Trouba both have LNMC that hit that season... look for one or both of them to be moved.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I keep seeing these threads, and can't figure out why it would make sense for NYR to make the determination now that they won't be able to afford Buch in 2-3 years. Why not wait for 2-3 of Lafreniere, Kakko, Kravtsov, and Chytil to actually pass him? Because there's a good chance that a few years from now only one of those guys actually ends up as good as Buch.
As far as potential, you could argue that all but Chytil have good chances of ending up being as good if not better than Buch... and I want to keep Buch, lol

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Well that version of Skinner in Buffalo doesn't exist anymore. Just a blip. I'm amazed at how much Buffalo fans bitch about Eichel's line mates (to the point of arguing he would have 20-30 more pts on another teams) but somehow argue that Panarin makes everybody on the Rangers and then have the stupidity to claim Eichel is better than Panarin.

Also curious is the claim that Eichel made Skinner better. Better than what? Skinner had practically the same season two years prior to the 40 goal season he had in Buffalo, in Carolina. Same amount of pts in 3 less games even. Led the Canes in pts.

Yes because Eichel created that version. You say he doesn't make players better, yet he got his first 40 goal season w/ Eichel getting him one of the richest FA contracts. Take a look at how he's performed without him the last 2 years. You can also look at how Olofsson took a step back this year w/o Eichel. Saying Eichel is better than Panarin isn't some crazy thing. Underlyings had him slightly better than Panarin last year.

I think both of them are great players.

UIrEjza.png

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Rangers could acquire some more futures first for a couple of "core vets" and quickly use them together with a plethora of youth/pics for getting a few more established players. That is the likely scenario IMO...

Reactions: bernmeister

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The offer has very good value but I don't think it fits a need. Another skilled young winger is a lateral move.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Buch isn’t going to FLA unless Lundell comes back. I understand if FLA fans balk but Buch is a 1RW now as your window had popped open. We are in a position to also take back Stralman with a bit retained as a dump being that he has 1 yr left before we feel our own cap crunch, for a sweetener. My proposal, flak away:

Buchnevich RFA rights (better if you sign him in tax haven FLA, think 6.25 x 6) and LD Tarmo Reunanen (it looks like you could use another position compete piece there next year for 3LD and think you’ll be pleasantly surprised), and our best 4th which will be first few picks for
Lundell, Stralman (1.5 mil retained), and Wallmark (looks like he’s surplus to requirement now in FLA and due an RFA raise?)

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Buch isn’t going to FLA unless Lundell comes back. I understand if FLA fans balk but Buch is a 1RW now as your window had popped open. We are in a position to also take back Stralman with a bit retained as a dump being that he has 1 yr left before we feel our own cap crunch, for a sweetener. My proposal, flak away:

Buchnevich RFA rights (better if you sign him in tax haven FLA, think 6.25 x 6) and LD Tarmo Reunanen (it looks like you could use another position compete piece there next year for 3LD and think you’ll be pleasantly surprised), and our best 4th which will be first few picks for
Lundell, Stralman (1.5 mil retained), and Wallmark (looks like he’s surplus to requirement now in FLA and due an RFA raise?)

You almost always lose the deals you make to acquire players after a career year. So Rangers would be smart to sell high on Buchnevich.

This deal would cost the Panthers the cap space needed to re-sign Duclair, so you are swapping Duclair for Buch at the cost of Lundell. That seems incredibly unwise and short sighted. Plus, the Panthers don't have any other ELC center ready to come in and be the #3C, so they would need to re-sign Wennberg or another C free agent. That's no good.

This deal might tick all the right boxes for the Rangers, but virtually none for the Panthers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad